China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 28, 2020, 01:46:29 PM
Let myself down for not having the same opinion as yourself you clown
Go back and look and you will find most of what I was saying at the start of May has materialised. I said the virus wasn't as deadly as people were making it out to be and that things were improving at a very fast rate. And don't come at me with x amount of people have lost their lives. I know that and we could use that for every walk in life. You clown

Off course it got better at the start of May because of lockdown, if lockdown didn't happen would there have been more deaths?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

No my big gripe was people on here had things stopped until we had a vaccine
I pointed out that it could be years and it may never happen and that things needed to get back to the new normal as soon as because the high predictions in deaths never happened
I do believe if we had of locked down the old and vulnerable and secured all care homes in the north straight away and no lockdown to the young and healthy we would have had the same number or less. The fatality rate at the start of May was 6% of infected people that is now down to 1%. Thats probably down to a number of factors but the fact that younger people are now getting it is why that nunber had went down.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 28, 2020, 02:50:05 PM
No my big gripe was people on here had things stopped until we had a vaccine
I pointed out that it could be years and it may never happen and that things needed to get back to the new normal as soon as because the high predictions in deaths never happened
I do believe if we had of locked down the old and vulnerable and secured all care homes in the north straight away and no lockdown to the young and healthy we would have had the same number or less. The fatality rate at the start of May was 6% of infected people that is now down to 1%. Thats probably down to a number of factors but the fact that younger people are now getting it is why that nunber had went down.

I'd have locked down the airports and complete lockdown for three weeks with essential needs only done, it didn't happen so what happened was the lockdown we had and it saved lives, could have saved more but your nonsense of under 70's is nauseating tbf, whether someone dies or not, if they contracted this brand new virus that wasn't being fought properly with at the start was giving people lasting conditions or may lead to more medical issues later on in life.

I think there was maybe 2/3 posters at most had it locked down till vaccine, so stop talking rubbish.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Scotland has no reported deaths for the third day in a row.
They'll have to make sure they keep the English out though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Another week over.

67 cases the lowest weekly number of cases in the ROI since the first week of March and unlike March that number of cases came from over 20,000 weekly tests

22 deaths confirmed this week which works out as 3 per day weekly average.

More restrictions lifted from tomorrow we'll do well to see numbers as low this time next week.

seafoid

The US recorded more than 42,000 new cases nationwide on Saturday and 500 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University. 

FT
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2020, 07:58:34 PM
The US recorded more than 42,000 new cases nationwide on Saturday and 500 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

FT

Different breed of people there. Saying that, if any lunatic can buy an automatic weapon in their daily shop suppose you'd tend to be more worried about that.

Rossfan

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Rossfan on June 29, 2020, 11:37:51 AM
Sure it's only a severe cold some said

https://m.independent.ie/life/health-wellbeing/breathing-difficulties-pain-and-intense-fatigue-the-long-tail-of-covid-19-39319034.html

Something overlooked with the absolute focus on death numbers. Many stories of 'survivors' suffering lasting damage that will permanently affect their quality of life. It's difficult not to feel that a lot of the analysis of the impact of this pandemic has been very oversimplified.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on June 29, 2020, 11:56:05 AM
Something overlooked with the absolute focus on death numbers. Many stories of 'survivors' suffering lasting damage that will permanently affect their quality of life. It's difficult not to feel that a lot of the analysis of the impact of this pandemic has been very oversimplified.

Looking at Bournemouth (or Murlough) over the weekend and its obviously not simplified enough for some dumbfucks.
i usse an speelchekor

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2020, 07:58:34 PM

FT

Not good.

armaghniac

24 cases in the 26 counties today. It is clear that numbers are no longer going down here, like other places in Europe, although deaths will go down. We have decided not to drive it down to zero but prefer to go to Primark instead.

Interestingly, Siobhán Killeen, Dublin GAA footballer, spoke of her battle with coronavirus.

"The after-effects of this disease are very serious, even for those who are fit and healthy. I was in very good health, but it was a very tough battle".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

I'd he fearful of what might happen in the next few weeks with all the things opening up and the attitude of many people.

imtommygunn

Where are the cases down south? Are they spread out or are they a lot of cases in the same place?

Far from over yet.

Rois

RTE reporting that one cluster is in the north west, and originated from travel, traced backed to Iraq.