China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 11:39:12 PM
That's my point it didn't lockdown in 2009/10
Why not?
Median age for cancer is 61 hardly old.
Still don't know what exactly your doctor relative doesn't agree with what I have said?
You said about it only effects the old i said it's a virus that generally does effect the elderly
What does the doctor relative but agree with? What am I missing here? Does it effect younger people more?

not for the first time you are missing everything...you can read the posts again slowly...

firstly my relative disagreed with you downplaying covid. secondly, that your statements that it is an old person disease which is different to it effects the elderly worst. id imagine the comparsion to the flu if she'd read that.

i never said it only effected the elderly. you did. it does not discrimate based on age. everyone can get it. once you have it, you can spread it  to others. if you are older the effects are worst and you are morely likely to die. this is the same with cancer (example) but it is not referred to as an old person disease.

also you have changed what you said previously. you previously said it was an old people disease to now it a virus thay does generally effect the elderly. anyone can get it, if you are elderly and get it, you are more likely to die than and younger person. i believe this is probably true of most serious illnesses.

This is not the best use of my time... i hope you take care and take evey precaution to prevent the spread of covid because IMO its people with attitudes like yours that have potential to cause unnecessary damage.

Smurfy123

Show me where I said it was only an old people disease?
Look at the fatality rate. I'm not playing it down I am saying it's not as deadly as people made it out? That's stating facts

PadraicHenryPearse

i might go back tomorrow to find it.

you dont understand when someone provides a model or an estimate etc. that if the figure is not hit its not as deadly as people make out or understand that the measures taken have prevent death..

macdanger2

Lads, smurfy is playing a blinder here trolling ye for all ye're worth. Cop on ffs  ;D

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: LeoMc on July 05, 2020, 10:39:12 PM
Reports coming out of Texas that the virus is evolving to improve its transmission.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/amp/coronavirus-evidence-growing-houston-strain-mutant-15386157.php

Spanish flu second wave was the deadly one.

I'd take anything from Texas with a pinch of salt, I would imagine the most unhealthy of all the US States, certainly of what I've personally seen. Covid is rife for a state like that.

seafoid

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 06, 2020, 12:11:00 AM
Look at the fatality rate. I'm not playing it down I am saying it's not as deadly as people made it out? That's stating facts
The UK Government wanted to free up space in NHS hospitals in March.
Thousands of older patients were moved into care homes without being tested.
29,000 died.

With the right conditions in meat factories, care homes and shanty towns, Covid is lethal.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2020, 12:37:11 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 06, 2020, 12:11:00 AM
The UK Government wanted to free up space in NHS hospitals in March.
Thousands of older patients were moved into care homes without being tested.
29,000 died.

With the right conditions in meat factories, care homes and shanty towns, Covid is lethal.

One of the reasons they did that was because the whole thing was blown out of proportion by the WHO and others. They got it wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
The WHO should come out and hold its hands up and take responsibility for the death toll. Their information and guidance right from the get go has been deeply flawed.

thewobbler

Quote from: hardstation on July 05, 2020, 08:24:33 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 05, 2020, 08:18:53 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 05, 2020, 07:19:47 PM
Ross coming out with that line
Very predictable
Try telling that too zzzzzz
Try telling the lockdown wasn't needed to the young and healthy who have now lost jobs businesses lives and much more

A family member is a doctor and works with covid patients (also had covid), i relayed some of your posts to her and whats she thinks of you i couldn't post on here, put mildly she shares none of your opinions.
To be fair, she'd only be marginally more informed than Ashley Cole on this matter.

Other doctors are advising today through the Telegraph that there could be an additional 35k cancer deaths this year in the UK, due to missed and cancelled tests during Corona.

Personally I don't think any group should have a platform to promote their wild, panic inducing theories  until there is genuine evidence to back up their numbers. It's scaremongering and it's shit.

But let's assume for a few seconds that they're even half right. How do the "close everything down, and keep it closed" wing of Covid analysts feel about this? There was always going to be a medical trade off for the measures taken to control Covid. Given that these people feel completely justified to condemn the actions of any individual who doesn't follow rigid guidelines, would someone who finds out today that they've had cancer spreading for the past 3 months, be within their rights to condemn these people back?

armaghniac

Yes, the WHO should have gone into the future, looked back on things and come up with advice, and then go back in time to tell us all what to do.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Why should they take responsibility for the death toll? Ridiculous statement.

Yes they could have done better.

However again your point ignores the fact that but for lockdown this would have been way worse. So yes it hasn't been as bad as predicted but the world has been half shut and it isn't over yet.

trailer

Quote from: thewobbler on July 06, 2020, 01:23:43 PM
Very predictable
Try telling the lockdown wasn't needed to the young and healthy who have now lost jobs businesses lives and much more

A family member is a doctor and works with covid patients (also had covid), i relayed some of your posts to her and whats she thinks of you i couldn't post on here, put mildly she shares none of your opinions.
To be fair, she'd only be marginally more informed than Ashley Cole on this matter.

Other doctors are advising today through the Telegraph that there could be an additional 35k cancer deaths this year in the UK, due to missed and cancelled tests during Corona.

Personally I don't think any group should have a platform to promote their wild, panic inducing theories  until there is genuine evidence to back up their numbers. It's scaremongering and it's shit.

But let's assume for a few seconds that they're even half right. How do the "close everything down, and keep it closed" wing of Covid analysts feel about this? There was always going to be a medical trade off for the measures taken to control Covid. Given that these people feel completely justified to condemn the actions of any individual who doesn't follow rigid guidelines, would someone who finds out today that they've had cancer spreading for the past 3 months, be within their rights to condemn these people back?

Some people wouldn't be happy unless everything was closed for an eternity, everyone had lost their job and we were all eating wild berries and drinking our own urine.
Lockdown Fascists.

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on July 06, 2020, 01:23:51 PM
Yes, the WHO should have gone into the future, looked back on things and come up with advice, and then go back in time to tell us all what to do.

All they should've done is tell the truth, not make shit up on the fly.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 06, 2020, 01:25:50 PM
Why should they take responsibility for the death toll? Ridiculous statement.

Yes they could have done better.

However again your point ignores the fact that but for lockdown this would have been way worse. So yes it hasn't been as bad as predicted but the world has been half shut and it isn't over yet.

How do you know this? The lockdown in Spain was very different from UK. The lockdown in Monaghan was very different from Tyrone.
Covid is a serious disease but it disproportionately affects the over 70s and those with underlying health conditions.

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on July 06, 2020, 01:23:43 PM
Very predictable

The reason the medical system initially shutting down was due to the medical system in northern Italy getting completely overwhelmed in late February/early March.

Just what do you think should have been the response with a novel virus that was spreading like wildfire and had no treatments in those early days?

Ignore Italy? And after that the situation in the hospitals in New York City where the bodies were being piled up in freezer trailers?

Its very easy to sit and point when you've no responsibility.

imtommygunn

Trailer it can have  pretty serious effects on younger people too. Even younger people.It's not just deaths. Just read that thread on deaths and the 41 year old actor.

How do I know lockdown helping things? No one can say this with 100% certainty but no one can prove the opposite either. It's cases were growing exponentially and then they weren't when the period of "grace" was over. Finer grained details of lockdown don't really matter - life as anyone in Tyrone or monaghan and Spain changed dramatically and the amount of contact with other people was dramatically reduced . Do you really think lockdown didn't help things?