The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Klopp deserves a kick in the hole for not playing Fabinho. And a pat on the back for taking off Hendo and Milner and not Mo.
Got away with that one, but deserved a bit of luck! Hopefully the goal will kick Salah back into gear.
Our keeper starting to look a bit dodgy!

Armamike

Massive relief to get that win.  Looked bad for large parts of the second half.  The last 2 games they've shown 'bottle' to deal with late equalisers and go and grab the win. 

I'm hoping Spurs will give City some trouble as well.  City have an intense run of games with the cl ties against Spurs as well.  We'll see.  Liverpool will more than likely have to win all 6 games left.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on March 31, 2019, 09:28:02 PM
Klopp deserves a kick in the hole for not playing Fabinho. And a pat on the back for taking off Hendo and Milner and not Mo.
Got away with that one, but deserved a bit of luck! Hopefully the goal will kick Salah back into gear.

He didn't score!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Quote from: J70 on March 31, 2019, 07:11:34 PM
Definitely got away with it. Sissoko was shocking on that breakaway at the end. Whatever it is this season, they generally seem to find a way to sneak a result. But I think they will have to win all six remaining games, and the likes of Southampton and Cardiff away are going to be difficult. Chelsea will turn up with a totally different attitude too. City are going to win all their games, unless United do Liverpool a favour. Still think it will be too much to ask. Liverpool are going to drop points with Salah not performing in front of goal and I think City will sneak it with a game to spare.

I thought the Sissoko break away was good defending by Van Djik.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 31, 2019, 11:29:42 PM
Definitely got away with it. Sissoko was shocking on that breakaway at the end. Whatever it is this season, they generally seem to find a way to sneak a result. But I think they will have to win all six remaining games, and the likes of Southampton and Cardiff away are going to be difficult. Chelsea will turn up with a totally different attitude too. City are going to win all their games, unless United do Liverpool a favour. Still think it will be too much to ask. Liverpool are going to drop points with Salah not performing in front of goal and I think City will sneak it with a game to spare.

Brilliant defending, worked out that letting him shoot rather than Song was the best bet, quality
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cadhlancian

Agreed, he wanted Sissoko to take the shot not Son, trying to push him onto his left, I thought it was smart defending as well. Tbh, regardless of what happens the rest of this season, there are a few players that probably need moved on. Henderson should be on that list, he just isn't good enough at that top, top level. Works hard, good lad, but average enough. I'd imagine this will be it for him. Milners a little different as he can cover multiple positions.

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2019, 11:09:34 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 31, 2019, 09:28:02 PM

He didn't score!

I think Harry Kane is claiming it....

thewobbler

Quote from: cadhlancian on April 01, 2019, 02:05:09 AM
Agreed, he wanted Sissoko to take the shot not Son, trying to push him onto his left, I thought it was smart defending as well. Tbh, regardless of what happens the rest of this season, there are a few players that probably need moved on. Henderson should be on that list, he just isn't good enough at that top, top level. Works hard, good lad, but average enough. I'd imagine this will be it for him. Milners a little different as he can cover multiple positions.

The narrative is wholly dependent on the outcome.

In reality, VVD left an international premiership footballer with a simple side foot into the net from 8 yards out. Sissoko might be a poor finisher but he should stlll score that 9 times out of 10. At which point nobody will describe it as a lesson in how to to defend.

gawa316

Quote from: thewobbler on April 01, 2019, 08:02:36 AM

In reality, VVD left an international premiership footballer with a simple side foot into the net from 8 yards out. Sissoko might be a poor finisher but he should stlll score that 9 times out of 10. At which point nobody will describe it as a lesson in how to to defend.

In reality VVD played the averages...Son clearly a better finisher than Sissoko so cut that off and then forced Sissoko on his bad foot...not sure what else he could've done

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on April 01, 2019, 08:02:36 AM

I'd need to watch that again, but I thought it was further out and by pushing Sissoko out left onto his weaker foot he also allowed the keeper a better chance of getting his angles right to save the shot.
Sissoko really should have hit the target and probably should have scored but you could tell he was uncomfortable in that position and was looking to play Son in.

VVD prevented him from doing so.

Good defending, but hardly rocket science.

J70

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 31, 2019, 11:29:42 PM

It was, but Sissoko should still be fit to at least test the keeper from ten yards instead of ballooning it, even on his poorer foot.

Denn Forever

The new goalkeeper seems to be getting as jittery as Mingulet.  Who is the goalkeeping coach at Liverpool?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Is this a better opportunity than the Brendan Rogers title race?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2019, 12:57:01 PM

No, the Rodgers one it was there for them - City are much better now than then, plus they are a squad packed full of (more) winners.

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2019, 12:57:01 PM

Not yet.

In that race they needed seven points from nine at the end of the season to win it.