Quote from: lenny on May 03, 2020, 09:46:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 03, 2020, 05:31:00 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 03, 2020, 04:22:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 03, 2020, 03:52:55 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 03, 2020, 03:41:45 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 03, 2020, 01:56:27 PM
Quote from: lenny on May 03, 2020, 01:49:42 PM
Quote from: rrhf on May 01, 2020, 04:10:36 PM
What is shocking about that interview is the biggest fake news in the history of the GAA. Pure balder dash that is being pedalled as fact or that that Derry team were destined for 2 or 3 sam maguires. 1/ the county didn't and would never have had the togetherness to hold it together for more than a few months ever without killing one another.. rows were always bubbling - it's just how much weight you put on each one.  2/ from the time there were tales of mad fighting among players as well for all sorts of reasons- easy to blame Mickey Moran for that auld caper perhaps Joe?
That Derry team had  2 great corner backs/ a brilliant 6 a super
Midfield - well tohill had a shocker In the game that lost their title and 2 scoring forwards Brolly And Gormley. Nothing exceptional  about the group but the achievement in winning 1 all Ireland was a great feat for them. It will probably  never happen again for them instead of looking back derry football now needs to look forward..... to the 50 year anniversary. 
3/ Another point I would make is that the hateful blaming  of Moran dosent take away from the fact that against down as holders having the game of his life and a bit of rough moves on to him he stopped playing.. and This great Derry team lost. They were very easy to figure out... This was a great Derry team but down were better and won 2 and no doubt had plenty of tensions to manage also, but compared to the quality of Armagh and Tyrone in the noughties they were not a great team. To sum it up they were a great league team who got it together to win a championship but Coleman or no Coleman row they would not have won any more. That is fact.
4/ a final pick up from the interview is that joe had broken his arm in 1995. He was one of the 2 scoring forwards they had so it's not mickeys fault he had a broken arm. Yet Mickey gets the blame. Jody Gormley marked tohill out of it in 95. That was 2 years in a row that he had a poor day out at his peak. Jody Gormley should not have been for to lace tohills boots... why? Happened again too.
5/ the 90s was an unforgettable glorious era for Ulster football and both Donegal and Derry had their year out of it, but down won 2. They were the best team from Ulster during this period. Ulster team of the decade in my eyes. If joe thinks a One time team like Derry were great then he must have some-admiration for Mickey Harte's Tyrone team of the noughties.....

Too many people are comparing the Derry team of the 90s unfavourably v the tyrone team of the noughties. The only fair way to compare them is to compare like with like and if you do that you see that both teams won one all ireland through the front door. That makes them equal. Personally like many others I think with a back door Derry would've won at least 3 more all irelands which would put us one up on tyrone. I say that because I feel that Derry team all round was a stronger team than tyrone of the noughties albeit I have a lot of respect for that tyrone team. Don't forget that Derry won 4 national leagues in that time while tyrone only won 2 national leagues with their good team. That indicates to me that Derry were just a bit more consistent and if given the same back door chances tyrone got would definitely have capitalised.

The only way to compare them is Tyrone won three whereas Derry won one.

The culture of egotism, treachery and lack of humility meant Derry only won the one.

I'm going to ignore your opinion and once again remind you of the facts. To compare anything you have to do it like with like. It's hard to compare teams from different times but here are the like with like statistics. Derry 1 all Ireland and 4 national leagues Tyrone 1 all Ireland and 2 national leagues. Those are the facts, anything else is just opinion.

Sounds like you're doing a good job of ignoring the facts right enough.

Tyrone 3 All Irelands
Derry 1 All Ireland

To win 3 All Irelands, Derry would need to have won three times the amount they actually did.

It's gas the way it has Derry lads driven demented, maybe it's a good release in a way, as they just look across the county border for a bogeyman now rather than savage one of their own.

National leagues?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paidi reckons the Kerry fans were animals, the Derry lads are worse if truth be told, although you could only count about 10 of them at a game anymore.

Once again I'll ignore your ignorant opinions. I've presented you with undeniable, unarguable facts. Anything else is just opinion.

You seem to be doing a good job of ignoring facts.

3>1

Let that bitterness exit your system or it will keep holding you back.

Lol, your lack of self awareness is incredible. I'll let neutrals look over the last few pages of this thread and decide on who is bitter.

You do that, Lenny.

I have great sympathy for a good man like Mickey Moran and how he is savaged by his own.

Introspection is certainly lacking with the Derry animals. A culture of bogeymen and scapegoats is why Derry have turned from big guns to basement dwellers.

Jesus Angelo went in strong here  :o

Angelo, stay safe kid. This lockdown won't last forever.

Ways to keep mood swings at bay

Mood swings may be common right now, but there are some simple things you can do to limit their impact.

"None of us will be able to influence the actual course of this pandemic but each of us most certainly has the power and ability to influence our individual response to the situation," says Bijlani.

Don't sweat the small stuff

Being confined to our homes means that we can lose our usual sense of perspective. This means we can get saddened or frustrated by things that normally wouldn't bother us much at all.

"We have to double down here, which is not always easy, but take five," advises Bailey. "Even if something seems incredibly important, stop. Notice how you feel and then deliberately let it go. Do something else completely and there's a good chance a few hours later it won't matter as much."

Stick to healthy habits

If you're able to go outside for daily exercise, you may well find it helps recalibrate your mood. But indoor yoga, Pilates or dance may also alleviate negative emotions.

Prioritise your sleep routine, eat as healthily as you can and try to avoid drinking too much alcohol during this time.

"The best way to keep your mood swings under control is to look after yourself by keeping to your usual routine of sleep, diet, exercise and other activities. If you have been prescribed medication for your mental health, then take it as advised," says Bijlani.

screenexile

Par for the course for Angelo he's been at that nonsense long before lockdown. . . get him started on Tyrone's all Irelands being tainted by cynical play from Ricey et al and constant diving about the place by Cavanagh and watch him go  ;D ;D ;D

red hander

Quote from: Silver hill on May 03, 2020, 10:49:58 AM
Quote from: Angelo on May 03, 2020, 09:55:32 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 03, 2020, 09:40:39 AM
Quote from: Silver hill on May 02, 2020, 10:03:18 PM
Quote from: lenny on April 30, 2020, 05:04:32 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 30, 2020, 10:44:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWqDwD00rOA&t=2339s

Wow, explosive stuff, Moran comes out of that really badly. Always thought he had a real sneaky look about him.
On the money Lenny. He's unable to look anyone directly in the eye. Completely judased Coleman in 94 with a supporting cast of Mckeever and Gribben. Tried to slip into the driving seat but was told be the players (well 22 of the players) to sling his hook. Hung on for a year then slopped  off when he finally realised he wasn't wanted. Moran has cleverly crafted this humble, sincere, it's never about me image. He might think he's fooling everyone but he knows what he did in 94 and the players saw his treachery a mile off. No matter how good that team was, it was fatally fractured and the heart belief and together ness that was there under Coleman, was never going to be tolerated by the players. His eyes are the giveaway; the eyes of a troubled man who knows what he's done.

The problem with Derry is that they are so full of hate that they even hate each other. Moran is a decent man who went on to have plenty of success, there is a generation of Derry players who have a perfect fall guy for their own inadequacies. This revisionism is fine and keeps people like Brolly content with what they have achieved but the rest of the country know that this Derry team didn't have what it needed to win multiple AI titles and once worked out were very one dimensional. Everything went through Tohill and Brolly. Shut them down and you win the game. As mentioned before Jody Gormley easily shut Tohill down on numerous occasions. The Down team of that era were a much, much better outfit, I'm not sure any of Derry's forward line would have replaced any player on the Down forward line. Down will quite rightly go down in history as a great team, Derry won't.

Exactly, Moran foraged a very good managerial career for himself out after Derry and the one thing that is evident under the teams and players he had, is the huge amount of respect and admiration they had for him. Derry don't like introspection, they always want someone or something to blame for their failings and the extent to which they will go to that is as vicious and nasty as it gets.

Brolly is a prime example of that, the 94 game with Down was on there recently, Brolly had an excellent open 25 minutes and then he had a man changed on him, got a little roughed up and he did not want to know about it for the remainder of the match - he disappeared, in the face of adversity. For a man who has questioned Gooch and his inability to do it when the chips were down (quite rightly too), he wasn't much of a leader in troubling times himself. Brolly can talk the talk but unfortunately he didn't walk the walk when he was needed too many times.

But of course it's Mickey Moran's fault.
Really? Well if the question is, who was primarily responsible for Eamon Coleman being removed from his job in 1994? The answer is M Moran. After that, if the question is who's fault was it that Derry underperformed in the subsequent years....well if you can't see a correlation in what happened Eamon to the underperformance thereafter....players play for the jersey, themselves and the cause but a massive part of it is playing for the manager. The majority of that squad in 95 didn't want Moran there. Knowing that, it's amazing that we ran Tyrone so close in clones that day given what was going on.

'Amazing'  ;D FFS you were leading by 3 points at half-time against 13 men on one of the hottest days of the year, a fact not mentioned by Brolly in his eirsport propaganda broadcast, yet your more illustrious neighbours still beat yis. 'Amazing' indeed. Think the word that best describes it is 'pathetic', especially remembering the celebrations by the inbreds on the terraces at half-time and the rubbing it in to Tyrone fans, youse thought the game was already won.

thewobbler

None of this covers up the fact that Derry had a bang average forward line and even the greatest managers of all time ever have achieved feck all squared unless they've had 3 very useful forwards to call upon.

Angelo

Am I now the bogeyman for the Derry ones during lockdown?

It's a very strange complex they have.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Silver hill

Quote from: Angelo on May 03, 2020, 11:32:34 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on May 03, 2020, 11:26:44 PM
What is shocking about that interview is the biggest fake news in the history of the GAA. Pure balder dash that is being pedalled as fact or that that Derry team were destined for 2 or 3 sam maguires. 1/ the county didn't and would never have had the togetherness to hold it together for more than a few months ever without killing one another.. rows were always bubbling - it's just how much weight you put on each one.  2/ from the time there were tales of mad fighting among players as well for all sorts of reasons- easy to blame Mickey Moran for that auld caper perhaps Joe?
Midfield - well tohill had a shocker In the game that lost their title and 2 scoring forwards Brolly And Gormley. Nothing exceptional  about the group but the achievement in winning 1 all Ireland was a great feat for them. It will probably  never happen again for them instead of looking back derry football now needs to look forward..... to the 50 year anniversary. 
3/ Another point I would make is that the hateful blaming  of Moran dosent take away from the fact that against down as holders having the game of his life and a bit of rough moves on to him he stopped playing.. and This great Derry team lost. They were very easy to figure out... This was a great Derry team but down were better and won 2 and no doubt had plenty of tensions to manage also, but compared to the quality of Armagh and Tyrone in the noughties they were not a great team. To sum it up they were a great league team who got it together to win a championship but Coleman or no Coleman row they would not have won any more. That is fact.
4/ a final pick up from the interview is that joe had broken his arm in 1995. He was one of the 2 scoring forwards they had so it's not mickeys fault he had a broken arm. Yet Mickey gets the blame. Jody Gormley marked tohill out of it in 95. That was 2 years in a row that he had a poor day out at his peak. Jody Gormley should not have been for to lace tohills boots... why? Happened again too.
5/ the 90s was an unforgettable glorious era for Ulster football and both Donegal and Derry had their year out of it, but down won 2. They were the best team from Ulster during this period. Ulster team of the decade in my eyes. If joe thinks a One time team like Derry were great then he must have some-admiration for Mickey Harte's Tyrone team of the noughties.....

Too many people are comparing the Derry team of the 90s unfavourably v the tyrone team of the noughties. The only fair way to compare them is to compare like with like and if you do that you see that both teams won one all ireland through the front door. That makes them equal. Personally like many others I think with a back door Derry would've won at least 3 more all irelands which would put us one up on tyrone. I say that because I feel that Derry team all round was a stronger team than tyrone of the noughties albeit I have a lot of respect for that tyrone team. Don't forget that Derry won 4 national leagues in that time while tyrone only won 2 national leagues with their good team. That indicates to me that Derry were just a bit more consistent and if given the same back door chances tyrone got would definitely have capitalised.

The culture of egotism, treachery and lack of humility meant Derry only won the one.

On the money Angelo....Moran played a major roll in the 93 success as a trainer. Anyone close to the squad or who knows anything about Derry football at the time will know this. Unfortunately, he didn't believe he got the public recognition he deserved. It wasn't enough for him that the players knew what he had contributed. He was jealous of Eamon, plain and simple. His treachery, ego and lack of humility ended Eamons role. Don't forget Moran and Gribben were also embedded in the co board and were well placed to influence the thinking and plant the seeds. Eamon was in Chicago and had no one from his back room team batting for him. Do not be fooled by his fake public persona.

A classic case of a Derry man.

Scapegoats and bogeymen.
Neither, just fact. That is what happened; those named were responsible. Please do point out anything that I've said that you know to be incorrect?

Angelo

Quote from: Silver hill on May 04, 2020, 07:27:54 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 03, 2020, 11:32:34 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on May 03, 2020, 11:26:44 PM

On the money Angelo....Moran played a major roll in the 93 success as a trainer. Anyone close to the squad or who knows anything about Derry football at the time will know this. Unfortunately, he didn't believe he got the public recognition he deserved. It wasn't enough for him that the players knew what he had contributed. He was jealous of Eamon, plain and simple. His treachery, ego and lack of humility ended Eamons role. Don't forget Moran and Gribben were also embedded in the co board and were well placed to influence the thinking and plant the seeds. Eamon was in Chicago and had no one from his back room team batting for him. Do not be fooled by his fake public persona.

A classic case of a Derry man.

Scapegoats and bogeymen.
Neither, just fact. That is what happened; those named were responsible. Please do point out anything that I've said that you know to be incorrect?

It's classic Derry, never look internally for answers. Ignore the toxic culture of treachery and scapegoating in Derry football and you go from being big hitters to basement dwellers.

It's easier to try and scapegoat an individual or group of individuals than looking internally and asking the tough questions. There's a real mental weakness there, you can see it in guys like screenexile and Lenny here.

They're far more concerned in trying to denigrate Tyrone football than tackling the toxic culture in Derry football.

Derry football is going nowhere until some men are big enough to tackle that culture.

red hander

Total lack of cajones and self respect on a county level. Take a f**king lesson from the pride shown by Slaughtneil, and then maybe you will grow a spine and stop blaming everybody else but yourselves for the pathetic shape you find yourselves in. We used to hate you (in a sporting sense), now we just laugh at you and feel pity.

Estimator

Quote from: red hander on May 04, 2020, 07:55:23 PM
Total lack of cajones and self respect on a county level. Take a f**king lesson from the pride shown by Slaughtneil, and then maybe you will grow a spine and stop blaming everybody else but yourselves for the pathetic shape you find yourselves in. We used to hate you (in a sporting sense), now we just laugh at you and feel pity.

I still sense a lot of hatred and anger given the amount of replies from yourself and Angelo. I'd ignore Silverhill's many comments on Mickey Moran. It's certainly a sore point from him. The previous Derry Club thread was locked after a few rants from him about the Moran/Coleman saga.
Ulster League Champions 2009

red hander

Count how many replies in last 28 days Estimator, not many kid. Brolly is an utter hypocrite who was not expecting himself to be fucked out on his ear by RTE , such was his arrogance. I am from Tyrone, I have no great love for RTE,  but that gobshite on a weekly basis denigrated non terrestrial TV and anybody working on it because it denied wee care home residents in Donegal or Limerick their right to watch GAA  games for free. Second he is fucked out he bends over backwards and accepts a job on non terrestrial TV to keep the cash rolling in. A total non-principled arsehole. It is not even a debate.

screenexile

I think Angelo is still smarting from Plunkett Donaghmede dropping that ball into the net... as the man said "we won her before younes"

red hander

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2020, 09:16:55 PM
I think Angelo is still smarting from Plunkett Donaghmede dropping that ball into the net... as the man said "we won her before younes"

Sad Screen, sad. Grasping at straws. 3-1. 3-1. 3-1. Get over it, cos with you guys it will always be 1. Always 1. Always. Whereas with us, there will always be a chance, always a chance...

Angelo

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I feel pity for Derry, looking at how they destroyed themselves through pure nastiness, egotism and bitterness - how they turned from big hitters into basement dwellers, screwing over their own good men in the process.

Rather than ask the hard questions about how Derry football could falls so badly, so quickly, you guys like to create bogeymen and scapegoats. It's a sad, sad culture and it's about time some Derry GAA men had the backbone to address it rather than point and say look over there.

Character and fortitude seems to be badly lacking with ye.

lenny

What's interesting on here is how the Tyrone fans seem to be getting angrier and angrier and in my opinion it's because they can't seem to deal with the facts that when you compare the 2 teams on a like with like basis (the only fair way to compare them) then Derry come out on top by virtue of 1 all Ireland and 4 national leagues to 1 all Ireland and 2 national leagues. There is no doubt in my mind, and I know it's completely hypocritical, that if the 2 teams had met then it would've been a great match with Derry coming on top by 2 or 3 points.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus a lot of big talk from the Tyronies on here last few days, talking bout a whole counties backbone, character, fortitude,

for a county that produced the likes of McCarron and Cavlan yis would be better keepin the head down a bit lads