Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: T Fearon on November 02, 2017, 02:32:44 PM
Brolly? Was his parents not members of a party that approved of the actual killing of Northern Police Officers not all that long ago?

Bit of a stretch there T. Can't recall ever hearing Sinn Fein approve of a Police Officer's killing...... FYI when making a bold statement like the above ''Was his'' should be replaced by '' Were his''.

randomusername

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 02, 2017, 09:00:42 PM
Brolly? Was his parents not members of a party that approved of the actual killing of Northern Police Officers not all that long ago?

Bit of a stretch there T. Can't recall ever hearing Sinn Fein approve of a Police Officer's killing...... FYI when making a bold statement like the above ''Was his'' should be replaced by '' Were his''.

Not so sure about that one. For example, on his willingness to kill RUC or UDR men, Gerry Adams said "If my role lay within the IRA and within an armed struggle, I would have no compunction at all." Back in 1983 apparently.

Therealdonald

Quote from: randomusername on November 02, 2017, 09:42:19 PM

Not so sure about that one. For example, on his willingness to kill RUC or UDR men, Gerry Adams said "If my role lay within the IRA and within an armed struggle, I would have no compunction at all." Back in 1983 apparently.

''Compunction- a feeling of guilt or moral scruple that prevents or follows the doing of something bad.'' One individual feeling no guilt after killing a cop or UDR man doesn't equal full party approval for a killing. But don't listen to me I would have had no compunction at all for the same.

randomusername

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 02, 2017, 09:48:32 PM

''Compunction- a feeling of guilt or moral scruple that prevents or follows the doing of something bad.'' One individual feeling no guilt after killing a cop or UDR man doesn't equal full party approval for a killing. But don't listen to me I would have had no compunction at all for the same.

Well they hardly fecking disapproved lol

crookes

Did anyone come across a link to the Gaelic Life article?

Although, I struggle to think how Brolly could stick his boot in Creggan further.
Where Crookes is, there is light.

Jim Bob

Sinn Fein supporters during the troubles supported all the activities of the IRA. They supported the murder of what they classed as legitimate targets and made excuses for the IRA when they murdered innocent civilians.
I have never heard a Sinn Fein supporter criticise the IRA in any shape or form

Therealdonald

And to be honest you won't hear me say a bad word about them or their actions either. They did more for us in the North than anyone can ever imagine. But that doesn't mean that they had the full support of the party. But I'd like to know why Brollys parents and their occupation has anything to do with his article???

vallankumous

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 03, 2017, 12:54:21 AM

Sinn Fein supporters during the troubles supported all the activities of the IRA. They supported the murder of what they classed as legitimate targets and made excuses for the IRA when they murdered innocent civilians.

You should get out more.

Itchy

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 03, 2017, 03:53:44 AM
And to be honest you won't hear me say a bad word about them or their actions either. They did more for us in the North than anyone can ever imagine. But that doesn't mean that they had the full support of the party. But I'd like to know why Brollys parents and their occupation has anything to do with his article???

I'm not saying I agree with the point completely but I think the point being made is very clear. Brolly has had a strong go at a community over how a man was blown up in a car and subsequent treatment of the man. The point being made is that the IRA blew up plenty of people over the years and Sinn Fein was their political wing so maybe its a bit hypocritical to be trying  to take the high moral ground if you have links with Sinn Fein?

stephenite

Great lads altogether were Sinn Fein/IRA. A man who approved strapping an innocent to a tractor bomb ended up as Ulster Education minister, and ran for President of Ireland.

Rossfan

No such post as "Ulster Education Minister"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: stephenite on November 03, 2017, 08:56:29 AM
Great lads altogether were Sinn Fein/IRA. A man who approved strapping an innocent to a tractor bomb ended up as Ulster Education minister, and ran for President of Ireland.

Someone didn't pay attention in geography class!

vallankumous

Quote from: BennyCake on November 03, 2017, 10:06:58 AM

Someone didn't pay attention in geography class!

Nor History

Applesisapples

Fcuk sake lads 20+ years on and we are still raking over this sort of shit. SF abandoned that position on legitimate atrgets at least 20 years ago, dissidents have been quite rightly denounced as traitors. What came out of the piece on the view last night is that some nationalists will never accept the PSNI and that is a pathetic position to take. We need to get to the situation where PSNI officers can live in the communities they serve. We also need more representation from the catholic community at least up to 45%. Finally Joe Brolly is right, Kickhams need to make their peace with Peadar, for the clubs' sake and for his, if that involves an apology for the actions/inactions of their members, perceived or real then it is imo a price worth paying.

general_lee

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 03, 2017, 12:54:21 AM

I'll sit and criticise them all day, where would you like me to start? Plenty of IRA actions deserve scrutiny.