Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Quote from: Rois on April 14, 2017, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 14, 2017, 10:27:24 PM

Just wait for his next high court appearance.
Indeed.

Foolish by Joe. What he says can and does affect people's lives, on this occasion potentially very negatively
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

BennyHarp

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 14, 2017, 10:27:24 PM
Quote from: Rois on April 14, 2017, 10:10:39 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2017, 03:05:24 PM
I think he has a lot of interesting things to say, and probably is a true GAA man at heart, but he ruins is all because he can't help wanting to be the centre of attention and in doing so he spectacularly overshoots the runway in whatever point he is trying to make.
I was talking to "someone" last night (a bit like Joe's stories...) who was quoted in Joe's article on Tyrone the other week, though this person was given his full name and profession in the article. He is not happy at all with Joe and this seeming need to be so controversial is building up to come back and bite. This particular person is even more educated in the law than Joe. By mentioning him, Joe has completely disregarded the work the said person does for the GAA and has gone out of his way to make life difficult. So it's all funny and we excuse his behaviour because he is a "true GAA man" but he has actively put someone, every bit as much a true GAA man, in a difficult position in order to name drop and satisfy his own thirst for attention. Poor form.

Just wait for his next high court appearance.

That was really the most bizarre and inappropriate name drop Joe has used to date. Though he did try to cover the whole gambit of occupations in Tyrone by asking the opinion of a couple of electricians who came to his house who "used to go to every game". Utter nonsense!
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

This is the 4th most popular discussion  in the GAA section. RTE employ Brolly because he attracts viewers and winds some of them up- just like here. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

In hiding

Quote from: Rois on April 14, 2017, 10:10:39 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 14, 2017, 03:05:24 PM
I think he has a lot of interesting things to say, and probably is a true GAA man at heart, but he ruins is all because he can't help wanting to be the centre of attention and in doing so he spectacularly overshoots the runway in whatever point he is trying to make.
I was talking to "someone" last night (a bit like Joe's stories...) who was quoted in Joe's article on Tyrone the other week, though this person was given his full name and profession in the article. He is not happy at all with Joe and this seeming need to be so controversial is building up to come back and bite. This particular person is even more educated in the law than Joe. By mentioning him, Joe has completely disregarded the work the said person does for the GAA and has gone out of his way to make life difficult. So it's all funny and we excuse his behaviour because he is a "true GAA man" but he has actively put someone, every bit as much a true GAA man, in a difficult position in order to name drop and satisfy his own thirst for attention. Poor form.

Which article ?

Farrandeelin

Joe is an adjudicator at my club's 'Stars in their eyes' competition tomorrow night. I won't be able to go however, but I wonder if he will tear shreds out of the competitors!

You wouldn't know!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Banter Panther

Judging by his sidestepping on twitter, Joyce has genuinely rattled Brolly.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

whitey

Joes all fuvkin talk....if Philly, Rickey or Lee Keegan was marking him he'd $hit himself

The Stallion

Quote from: Banter Panther on April 15, 2017, 05:57:37 PM

Lol

Owen Brannigan

BennyHarp

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 16, 2017, 10:04:59 PM
Quote from: Banter Panther on April 15, 2017, 05:57:37 PM

Well he does reference Joyce in today's Indo piece..........

http://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/joe-brolly/joe-brolly-when-two-teams-play-football-without-fear-it-is-the-best-sport-on-the-planet-35626375.html

I stopped reading after he started with another random meeting with a current inter county player.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

You missed the bit where Joe subtly announces that he takes detailed notes during the game so.
Not sure why he bothers to be honest.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ball Hopper

Quote from article:   "In that final quarter, meanwhile, Dublin won Kiely's kick-outs 7-2. Analyse that."

Who was the Kiely player he mentioned?  Some note taker alright.

Main Street

Joe is wavering, he's at the cusp of entering a transition phase, from a true blue Hill 16  groupie to going all out yarrah. I suspect Joe will keep his cards close and not declare yet who are are going to be the likely true saviors of the game in 2017, but he will throw out enough comments that he can reference later in the autumn, so that he can honestly claim that he foresaw it all transpiring this way.

longballin

Some valid points about Joe here... he has also called out a lot of truths. This is like  a hate thread now.

ck

Jo is highly entertaining and very good at making his point but he really shouldnt be taken seriously. There is a reason he never has coached or managed at senior club or county level and thats becaise no one would be mad enough to give him a job. In saying that I'd love to see him put his money where his mouth is with his all out attack philosophy. Now that would be entertaining!