Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Joe is full of shite. That story of him being pulled over by the guards and asked for selfies, Jaysus, he has some imagination. Big headed git.

shawshank

Quote from: Jinxy on February 07, 2017, 01:38:31 PM
What he does for a living is irrelevant.
There have been occasions recently where he has recounted conversations with famous 'gaels' who have subsequently cast doubt on the veracity of Joe's account.
That's when he's not quoting 'unnamed' intercounty players he bumped into at Tesco.

You said he was not objective enough nor able to deal in fact. If he had to, bet your bottom dollar that's all he would he would applied. The skill set he has for his career is based solely on those skill sets. If you don't understand that is what the law deals in, I am wasting my time trying to persuade you.

manfromdelmonte

He should run for GAA President if he is so adamant about his views

Main Street

Quote from: shawshank on February 07, 2017, 03:14:58 PM
There have been occasions recently where he has recounted conversations with famous 'gaels' who have subsequently cast doubt on the veracity of Joe's account.
That's when he's not quoting 'unnamed' intercounty players he bumped into at Tesco.

You said he was not objective enough nor able to deal in fact. If he had to, bet your bottom dollar that's all he would he would applied. The skill set he has for his career is based solely on those skill sets. If you don't understand that is what the law deals in, I am wasting my time trying to persuade you.
Lawyer: "Now that you have been acquitted, will you tell me truly? Did you steal the car?"

Client: "After hearing your amazing argument in court this morning, I'm beginning to think I didn't.

Avondhu star

This type of "I met a man in the pub" bullshit works for Enda Kenny so Joe might as well have a go
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Seany

He's the Irish equivalent of Katie Hopkins with a little bit of Piers Morgan thrown in. Fast becoming dsomeone who should be consciously ignored. That last article was inaccurate and follows a typical pattern. Pick a statistic. Twist it around and blame GAA leadership for it. He does it all the time. Pure rubbish. He's actually blaming GAA nationally for the sedentary culture of young people's lives nowadays. Just think about that. Spotty teenagers who'd prefer to stay at home and play FIFA or be on snapchat rather than train with the under 16s and its the fault of Croke Park and the GPA. I'd say Pat Gilroy is mortified about having his name bandied about by him. As I've said before, he is a spiteful, bitter person who is totally self obsessed and thinks his opinion is all that matters.

BennyCake

Self-obsessed indeed. I recall a column a while ago. Brolly cycling in the hills of Tenerife or somewhere, on his own, car passes him and man shouts "Brolly, you Derry w****r!" or something similar.  Poor Joe. Can't even get peace cycling high in the Tenerife mountains. David Beckham would get more peace being out and about.

Taylor

He brings the criticism on himself but at the end of the day he is a GAA man at heart and one that does oodles for the wider community.
If only we had more like him rather than those that fleece what they can from the association with little respect for the grassroots

BennyHarp

Quote from: Taylor on February 07, 2017, 07:58:42 PM
He brings the criticism on himself but at the end of the day he is a GAA man at heart and one that does oodles for the wider community.
If only we had more like him rather than those that fleece what they can from the association with little respect for the grassroots

He may be a GAA man but is there any single person in Ireland who is more publicly negative towards the association and some of its individual members than Joe, himself? No wonder kids turn away from the game if they are exposed to  the apocalyptic picture that Joe paints about it in virtually every media outlet going every week.
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

It's a wonder he hasn't cited player burnout as one of the causes of global warming.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Beffs on February 06, 2017, 10:50:49 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 05, 2017, 08:50:01 PM

He got down to the last three.

Next DG is already between two people.

Who are they?

McKenna & McGill

Main Street

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 07, 2017, 08:09:00 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 07, 2017, 07:58:42 PM

He may be a GAA man but is there any single person in Ireland who is more publicly negative towards the association and some of its individual members than Joe, himself? No wonder kids turn away from the game if they are exposed to  the apocalyptic picture that Joe paints about it in virtually every media outlet going every week.
Does Joe, just a mere gaa man, deserve the granting of full absolution that's normally only granted to one who's deemed to be a real gaa person?
Anybody can be a GAA man but is Joe a real GAA man?

If Donald Trump was a GAA man he would be Joe Brolly, claiming himself to be a really really good GAA man, who is speaking out against really really bad GAA men (incl. sports psychologists)

DuffleKing

Quote from: BennyCake on February 07, 2017, 07:51:01 PM
Self-obsessed indeed. I recall a column a while ago. Brolly cycling in the hills of Tenerife or somewhere, on his own, car passes him and man shouts "Brolly, you Derry w****r!" or something similar.  Poor Joe. Can't even get peace cycling high in the Tenerife mountains. David Beckham would get more peace being out and about.

Probably didn't happen though

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Burns for Prez, not DG.
If you were any use you'd be playing.