Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Haven't listened to what he said but chances are there was a some bit of truth in it. It's the personal and snide manner in which he delivers his comments that mark him out as a w*nker though

Walter Cronc

Quote from: The Trap on June 03, 2016, 07:49:11 AM
He defends his comments pretty well in The Gaelic Life - puts it up to the Armagh County Board.............

Any links?

DuffleKing

He defends his comments pretty well in The Gaelic Life - puts it up to the Armagh County Board.............

No surprise there. How many platforms has he weekly to spout his shite?

No doubt it will be more made up facts wrapped in hyperbole that the masses will swallow as reasonable

Walter Cronc

Did anyone listen to Second Captains yesterday with Oisin McConville? As ever he talks a lot of sense on the whole issue. Very much like Derry, Armagh don't have the players but they probably could be operating better than their current showing.

As for Joe - he's a great fella but he's not wise. Some very sensitive souls around the country!

longballin

He hit a home run in Gaelic Life!  Nailed it  8)

BennyHarp

Has he elaborated on the 8 Crossmaglen players who walked away from the panel?
That was never a square ball!!

LeoMc

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 03, 2016, 09:46:38 AM

No surprise there. How many platforms has he weekly to spout his shite?

No doubt it will be more made up facts wrapped in hyperbole that the masses will swallow as reasonable

Aye but he was talking to a former County player last week who said....

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 03, 2016, 12:47:20 PM

its in Gaelic Life  and heeeee nails it!!!! :P

DuffleKing

Quote from: longballin on June 03, 2016, 01:51:48 PM

He really doesn't  :o

To be clear about what Brolly is demanding for his next bout of "look at me"...

The highest paid barrister in the country, highest paid sporting analyst in the country and live broadcaster of many years wishes to ridicule another volunteer of the association but this time on live tv. I'm not sure what Paul McArdle does for a living or what his live debate / tv experience would be but I dare say he didn't put his hand up to work on committees etc with the goal of being served on a plate to this parasite.

The Bearded One

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 03, 2016, 03:24:44 PM

The highest paid barrister in the country, highest paid sporting analyst in the country and live broadcaster of many years wishes to ridicule another volunteer of the association but this time on live tv. I'm not sure what Paul McArdle does for a living or what his live debate / tv experience would be but I dare say he didn't put his hand up to work on committees etc with the goal of being served on a plate to this parasite.

DuffleKing you have managed to sum this up much better than I could have done. Joe's proposal for a live TV debate with someone from the Armagh Co Board is ridiculous, knowing full well they wouldn't stand a chance. Am I right in saying that bar the first couple of paragraphs, where Joe gets another go at bashing Amragh, this is the article that appeared in the Sunday paper before the Armagh game?

For the record I enjoy the Joe Show and for the most part find him easy to watch and entertaining. He has some very strong views on the game and the direction the GAA is traveling which I fully support. This does excuse his often over the top, personal attacks on individuals involved in our games which I find to be more than questionable at times.
It is what it is. Presumably.

The Trap

Duffle King and The Bearded One - you both say the Armagh County Board person wouldn't stand a chance because Joe is a better debater. What about the fact that the questions he asks would make it very uncomfortable for the county board official to answer even if Joe was to keep completely silent? Most county boards by the way and not just the Armagh County Board that is..........

longballin

He's only defending the association from being destroyed.... McGeeney a volunteer?  ::)

Rossfan

Any chance everyone could totally ignore Brolly for a week.
I never listen when he's on and indeed seldom watch much of the analysis at any time.
Please bring back Seò Spòirt TG4.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Walter Cronc

Quote from: longballin on June 03, 2016, 04:08:59 PM

He's only defending the association from being destroyed.... McGeeney a volunteer?  ::)

Think he's referring to this McArdle fella as a volunteer??

longballin

still have to be accountable...