Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

When you look at where Kildare collapsed to imeddiately without him it's clear he did quite a good job with them. Just not working so far in Armagh.

Beffs

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 15, 2016, 03:13:22 PM
Quote from: Beffs on April 15, 2016, 12:55:12 PM
Have you ever listened to Off The Ball....the most high profile sports show in the country. The two main hosts, Ger Gilroy and Joe Molloy, are Kildare lads. They worship the man  & can't talk about him enough, or praise him enough. He was the focus of their newspaper review (Brollys article) on Sunday. They had the man himself on again last night - at the Coppers 20th anniversary party, no less. It was non stop Geezer, the Man, The Myth, the Legend.  Or The Unbelievable Craic Merchant, if you believe Senan Connell.  ::)

Joe Molloy was never much of a GAA man tbh.

Golf and soccer seem to be his two biggest sporting interests, but he is is well able to hold his own on GAA matters. He wouldn't have gotten the job of hosting the show,  if he couldn't. He is especially capable if it is Kildare related.

upmonaghansayswe

Have you ever listened to Off The Ball....the most high profile sports show in the country. The two main hosts, Ger Gilroy and Joe Molloy, are Kildare lads. They worship the man  & can't talk about him enough, or praise him enough. He was the focus of their newspaper review (Brollys article) on Sunday. They had the man himself on again last night - at the Coppers 20th anniversary party, no less. It was non stop Geezer, the Man, The Myth, the Legend.  Or The Unbelievable Craic Merchant, if you believe Senan Connell.  ::)

I was at the show last night. The sound was pretty crap so i didn't hear Kieran and Gordon that clear but Senans 'remember the time we all had a laugh with Kieran' segment was very cringy. It was like a tribute piece.

WT4E

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on April 15, 2016, 04:05:12 PM

I was at the show last night. The sound was pretty crap so i didn't hear Kieran and Gordon that clear but Senans 'remember the time we all had a laugh with Kieran' segment was very cringy. It was like a tribute piece.

Yes thats how it came across on the radio almost like Senan had been planted there! Also whilst I was listening I couldn't help wondering if Senan was driving or not!

Although I thought McGeeney did come across well last night.

heffo

Quote from: mup on April 15, 2016, 12:09:14 PM
A Dub accusing a Kildare man of having a league of nations. Oh dear.

Look before you leap.

Many outsiders on the team(s) that won the three AI's since 2011? Or 1995 or 1983?

omaghjoe

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 15, 2016, 10:41:25 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on April 15, 2016, 04:02:48 AM
Quote from: mup on April 14, 2016, 02:21:06 PM
Quote from: illdecide on April 13, 2016, 09:05:00 AM
Why has KMCG grew into the man everyone loves to hate (exceptions of some Kildare men and Armagh folk), what has he done over the years that everyone wants to see him fail? If there is a piece of dirt out there someone will find it and throw it into the public domain. I know a few of the County lads and they all speak very highly of him yet people are trying to paint a different story, I can't think of another inter county manager who is under as much scrutiny as he is. Because he done/does martial arts then apparently he has the team doing it too, because he trained more than most apparently he has Armagh lads training 8 nights a week ;) etc etc. People should get a life and torture some other manager/s

Because how dare he put it up to the Dublins during his stint in Kildare. While he didn't beat Dublin it took a Pat McEneany inspired free to win in for them in the 2011 leinster semi final. The media/Dubs ensured that McGeeney grew into the hate figure that he is now.

I find the assertions of Kildare GAA approaching players from the 'broad Leinster area' rather amusing considering the goings-on within that posters county.

Being the poster child for sterile gombeen football, he was a hate figure for me for a long time before Kildare

Such nonsense. What does that even mean? You hated him because he was Armagh captain during our two counties biggest rivalry. Which is completely fine. Just admit it

Thanks for telling me what I think

Robotic gym monkey football might be pop way of putting it, but my name gives a fuller description if you can decipher it

tonto1888

Quote from: omaghjoe on April 15, 2016, 05:26:03 PM
Why has KMCG grew into the man everyone loves to hate (exceptions of some Kildare men and Armagh folk), what has he done over the years that everyone wants to see him fail? If there is a piece of dirt out there someone will find it and throw it into the public domain. I know a few of the County lads and they all speak very highly of him yet people are trying to paint a different story, I can't think of another inter county manager who is under as much scrutiny as he is. Because he done/does martial arts then apparently he has the team doing it too, because he trained more than most apparently he has Armagh lads training 8 nights a week ;) etc etc. People should get a life and torture some other manager/s

Because how dare he put it up to the Dublins during his stint in Kildare. While he didn't beat Dublin it took a Pat McEneany inspired free to win in for them in the 2011 leinster semi final. The media/Dubs ensured that McGeeney grew into the hate figure that he is now.

I find the assertions of Kildare GAA approaching players from the 'broad Leinster area' rather amusing considering the goings-on within that posters county.

Being the poster child for sterile gombeen football, he was a hate figure for me for a long time before Kildare

Such nonsense. What does that even mean? You hated him because he was Armagh captain during our two counties biggest rivalry. Which is completely fine. Just admit it

Robotic gym monkey football might be pop way of putting it, but my name gives a fuller description if you can decipher it

Oh come on. What I said doesn't come into it at all???
I'm rubbish at anagrams so you'll have to give me more of a clue

omaghjoe

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 15, 2016, 05:44:27 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on April 15, 2016, 05:26:03 PM

Oh come on. What I said doesn't come into it at all???
I'm rubbish at anagrams so you'll have to give me more of a clue

???
I just did

joemamas

Senan is IMO the biggest spoofer currently on TV GAA analysis, notice I did not include radio.

INDIANA

Quote from: joemamas on April 15, 2016, 06:46:55 PM

Senan is IMO the biggest spoofer currently on TV GAA analysis, notice I did not include radio.

I'd agree. Mc Geeney isn't the first player who isn't half as good a manager as player.

He is devoid of emotional intelligence. That is his undoing. Roy Keane is exactly the same

Disillusioned

The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

ONeill

Joe does something like this every year before the Sunday Game gets into full flow.

He's the master at creating a shitstorm to keep people watching.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Il Bomber Destro

I wouldn't say that McGeeney lacks man management or emotional intelligence, generally the players who play for him seem to have a strong respect for him - a prime example being the reaction of the Kildare players when he was shown the door.

However tactically you could definitely ask questions of him and I'd say that is where his faults start.

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 15, 2016, 10:32:08 PM
I wouldn't say that McGeeney lacks man management or emotional intelligence, generally the players who play for him seem to have a strong respect for him - a prime example being the reaction of the Kildare players when he was shown the door.

However tactically you could definitely ask questions of him and I'd say that is where his faults start.

Agreed although since the Cavan game he looks to have had changed his tactics and we are going in the right direction

ck

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 16, 2016, 08:07:36 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 15, 2016, 10:32:08 PM

Agreed although since the Cavan game he looks to have had changed his tactics and we are going in the right direction

That's interesting. How has he changed their tactics?