Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

I think everyone on here knows that he was spot on Stew

orangeman

It all depends which station he was at. There seems to be a few rascals running round Moy and district at the minute alright.   :(

general_lee

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 09, 2016, 11:42:31 PM
Getting diesel in the moy this morning, I was pulled for being an armagh man by a tube that saw my armagh emblems on the car, apparently we are a shower of b**tards that got what we deserved last Sunday, I simply said he was right, we beat Derry and fully deserved to do so, I always thought down were the worst shower if b**tards in the gee, I am having second thoughts.

As rrhf suggests, is it not more likely that this fella knew ye and yer shower and the fact you had "Armagh AI Champs 2002" air-freshners hanging from your HiAce van  like haemorrhoids from a 50 yr old prossy was mere coincidence??
;D  ;D

Disillusioned

The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

seafoid

A super hatchet job on McGeeney.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lenny

Quote from: seafoid on April 10, 2016, 09:00:42 PM

Absolutely savage. No love lost there obviously.

theskull1

Is it a valid argument? I'd say there's something in that analysis and hence why he wrote the piece, rather than having a grudge filled motive.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

skeog

talking up tyrone but hoping they fail in celtic park

seafoid

Quote from: lenny on April 10, 2016, 09:17:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 10, 2016, 09:00:42 PM

Absolutely savage. No love lost there obviously.
The reason is given in the start of the article. Brolly would be more of a thinker than a driven ideologue like McGeeney
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Throw ball

No matter his criticism of McGeeney what other manager of a Division 3 team would get so much attention.

ck

Brolly has this one bang on. Kieran McGeeney has been a full time GAA manager on a full time salary for ten years now but has not delivered. His profile and persona has fooled many

mackers

If it was critical analysis I would sort of take it on board but with Joe you get the feeling he's taking the p1ss.  It becomes too personal, too often.  From a man with one failed attempt at management/coaching at any decent level too.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

imtommygunn

He basically starts it off on a personal note.

I don't think he's wrong but he shoots himself in the foot a bit with the personal slant.

If you look at one of the other threads and how few cross players are playing there is clearly something not right there. Whether that be mcgeeney or not I don't know.

Fuzzman

I was laughing at Joe last night how he was trying hard to be all calm and speak softly at the start but soon when Lyster would interrupt him he'd talk over him again and raise his voice. He even tried to put Jarlath in his box telling to behave as its your first time on the national broadcaster.

I was surprised how many times he mentioned Tyrone being contenders this year as it looks like we are his new toy this year to play with as he thinks Donegal are maybe a spent force. I don't think so despite their poor show yesterday.

He's not too happy with Belfast not getting anywhere near the money that Dublin has poured into it.