Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cockahoop

Quote from: ose 14 on March 31, 2015, 09:11:01 PM
hes gone too far re harte this time, he will be needing a solicitor by the end of the week.???

If there's a pound in it for Mickey there very well could be,it really amuses me how people react to joe when he dare says a bad word about our great Mickey they come out all guns blazing,well let me tell you ask brolly to do something for your club and he be right there,ask Mickey and you will be told how much to put in the envelope.....and yes I know that for fact, have dealt with both.

5 Sams

Quote from: cockahoop on March 31, 2015, 10:27:54 PM
hes gone too far re harte this time, he will be needing a solicitor by the end of the week.???

If there's a pound in it for Mickey there very well could be,it really amuses me how people react to joe when he dare says a bad word about our great Mickey they come out all guns blazing,well let me tell you ask brolly to do something for your club and he be right there,ask Mickey and you will be told how much to put in the envelope.....and yes I know that for fact, have dealt with both.

+1...few other high profile lads like him. Ask them to say a few words at a dinner dance and money is mentioned. On the other hand we went to give Colm McAlarney £100 quid for speaking at a do and he was insulted. Paddy Buggy (RIP) spoke at our golden jubilee do and HE sent us a rake of hurls for the camogs the following week. There's GAA men and then there's GAA men.
The Aristocrat Years

Thewildcat

don't think they would have won them without him, yes great players but you need a good man over them to keep their heads out of the clouds. how many they they win before he was over them.

BennyHarp

I wonder did you ever question what he was doing with any money earned? Ever thought that it was going to charity? Of course not......I know for a fact that a large proportion of it does, but sure never mind, haters will always hate! Anyway, I've always wondered why people expect other people to give up a full night of their time, travel half way across the country, prepare an hour or so of a talk, listen to hours of tedious speeches, spend another hour or so signing autographs, handing out medals and getting pictures taken, then walk away just happy that they are "GAA men" and not expect any remuneration for their time. Mickey Harte gives plenty of his free time to the GAA, your scabby club should have a good look at themselves for whinging about expecting him to give his (already very limited) free time for nothing. He should have taken a leaf out of Joe Brolly's phrasebook and told you to f**k off!
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2015, 06:50:15 AM

I wonder did you ever question what he was doing with any money earned? Ever thought that it was going to charity? Of course not......I know for a fact that a large proportion of it does, but sure never mind, haters will always hate! Anyway, I've always wondered why people expect other people to give up a full night of their time, travel half way across the country, prepare an hour or so of a talk, listen to hours of tedious speeches, spend another hour or so signing autographs, handing out medals and getting pictures taken, then walk away just happy that they are "GAA men" and not expect any remuneration for their time. Mickey Harte gives plenty of his free time to the GAA, your scabby club should have a good look at themselves for whinging about expecting him to give his (already very limited) free time for nothing. He should have taken a leaf out of Joe Brolly's phrasebook and told you to f**k off!

Well said.  Joe Brolly is a gobshite who wouldn't last too long in inter-county management.  As mentioned before, he hung out the arse of McGuiness and his style and is now ranting about the death of gaelic football.  How he see's this as more to do with Harte and less to do with McIver after the weekends game is beyond me.  As for St Brolly and attending club functions etc, he does it all for himself as it gives him the attention and limelight he wants so badly.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

cockahoop

Thankyou some of you have just made my point,how dare I or anyone say a thing about Mickey sure I dont know everything,I don't know what Mickey does with his brown envelopes so why should I assume,EXACTLY!!.....a lot of you come on here and insult joe brolly and in most cases don't know the full story on certain issues but that doesn't stop you from calling him every name under the sun,I have a very high regard for Mickey Harte but it's amazing when I use his name in a uncomplementary manner the high horse brigade ride in so my advise would be before you start slandering brolly and his like take a closer look at your own.

By the way I certainly don't agree with brolly on most things but he puts his money (pardon the pun) where his mouth is

P.s. Bennyharp your comment about my club being a scabby club says a hell of a lot more about you than does of me my friend

nrico2006

People call Brolly all sorts of names as he has a history of publicly slagging off people, whilst Mickey Harte does not indulge in this bullying type of behaviour.  As a result of this, is it hard for you to see why people attack Brolly and have a bit more respect for Harte?

As for Brolly putting his money where his mouth is, let him enter the world of management to see how he fares considering he is seemingly an expert in that field with the solution to all of footballs problems and would win an All Ireland and win it in style playing football the way it should be played.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

cockahoop

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 01, 2015, 11:27:41 AM
People call Brolly all sorts of names as he has a history of publicly slagging off people, whilst Mickey Harte does not indulge in this bullying type of behaviour.  As a result of this, is it hard for you to see why people attack Brolly and have a bit more respect for Harte?

As for Brolly putting his money where his mouth is, let him enter the world of management to see how he fares considering he is seemingly an expert in that field with the solution to all of footballs problems and would win an All Ireland and win it in style playing football the way it should be played.

Look nrico I am not going to contradict my original point and start slagging Mickey Harte because I used him to highlight my point as I knew exactly what reaction it would get but to say he never used bully like behaviour is astounding,I suggest you do a little research starting with glencull and right up to the Brian carty affair....bullying can be perceived in many different ways.

BennyHarp

Quote from: cockahoop on April 01, 2015, 11:10:47 AM
Thankyou some of you have just made my point,how dare I or anyone say a thing about Mickey sure I dont know everything,I don't know what Mickey does with his brown envelopes so why should I assume,EXACTLY!!.....a lot of you come on here and insult joe brolly and in most cases don't know the full story on certain issues but that doesn't stop you from calling him every name under the sun,I have a very high regard for Mickey Harte but it's amazing when I use his name in a uncomplementary manner the high horse brigade ride in so my advise would be before you start slandering brolly and his like take a closer look at your own.

By the way I certainly don't agree with brolly on most things but he puts his money (pardon the pun) where his mouth is

P.s. Bennyharp your comment about my club being a scabby club says a hell of a lot more about you than does of me my friend

Maybe, but you, anonymously, and seemingly on behalf of your anonymous club, are making derogatory insinuations on here about an individual who is not anonymous. Nobody knows who your club is so my comments in no way impact in a negative way on them. Everyone can clearly see that you are implying Mickey Harte is money hungry in comparison to others because he wont give of his free time to your club - that either says a lot about you, or a lot about your club if they are happy with you coming on here and bringing them into this debate in a quite aggressive way. If you are speaking on behalf of your club, then I stand by my comments, If not and you are speaking for yourself then, I withdraw my comments and aim them solely at you. Why don't you tell us who your club is so we clearly know who is involved in both sides of the situation you described in your original post and Mickey and the rest of us can get an idea of who is making these claims against him? I'm sure they will be delighted with the exposure that you would give them!!

cockahoop

If you take a quick look through my posts I state several times what my club is,my background and quite a few on here know who I am and I don't hide it so tear away ......it's quite obvious my point in making my first post on this topic has went totally over your head so as the man said there's no point debating with a Jack Russell!! So I'll leave it there so,and sure your the winner anyway.

BennyHarp

Quote from: cockahoop on April 01, 2015, 03:12:23 PM
If you take a quick look through my posts I state several times what my club is,my background and quite a few on here know who I am and I don't hide it so tear away ......it's quite obvious my point in making my first post on this topic has went totally over your head so as the man said there's no point debating with a Jack Russell!! So I'll leave it there so,and sure your the winner anyway.

I've no desire to read any of your other posts so I agree we can leave it there.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

gibbs32

I like joe brolly and his analysis.if rossies were managed by a positive manager we wud b contenders.mayb as i suspect evans dosnt rate rossies which is disgraceful.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.