Most liked household?

Parkers
Kennedys
Robinsons
House of Trousers
Freemans
Scullys

Medic

Well they should put Neighbours on 10 pm everyday!!! Non-Neighbours lot have no idea what they are missing out on!!! A blubbering wreck after that epic 1 hour special!!! RIP Josh Willis, secret son of Stephanie Scully.

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Tony Baloney

I see this about once a year buy the missus was sitting  :'( during it!!!

Medic

While there are a few bits that didn't work, on the whole I thought the special was a success, and at times very powerful.

I'll start with the couple of gripes. I don't actually mind C5 making different musical choices; they've no doubt poured a lot of money into this special and personal tastes aside, if they wish to fling a few chart songs in there, I don't see it as a major problem. However, the volume at times was totally off. I'm not an expert with stuff like this but I know that, in particular in Josh's final scenes, his dialogue was difficult to hear because of the singing. Actually I feel no music at all would have worked better here; but accepting that music was included, it needed to be toned down a fair bit.

Secondly, I'm also not a doctor or a paramedic but it struck me that not enough was done to try to save Josh, surely his chances, however slim, would have been an improvement from zero if they'd worked to get him out of there? I could sort of buy it up to a point that he was too severely injured; but because everyone was milling about outside for ages debating it, and then the goodbye scenes went on for so long, you started to think - hang on, couldn't they have dug him out and at least tried to patch him up by now? For that reason, personally I would have cut some of the goodbye stuff out; Terese and Brad heaping him with endless praise wasn't necessary, I didn't think, and nor was the Paige goodbye which, while Olympia did a fantastic job, didn't have the emotional resonance of the others because she and Josh haven't actually had much airtime together. Overall, there needed to be more of a sense of urgency and very limited time, and so it didn't quite stack up.

That said, it was more than made up for in that a lot of the goodbye stuff was incredibly moving, and particularly the exchanges between Josh and Terese/Imogen. Everyone gave it their best but Ariel and Rebekah in particular did marvelous jobs. And while I'm not renowned as a Josh fan, I was getting a little dewy-eyed myself by the end there. Ultimately he's been with us for three years, and that's a long time to get to know a character and be used to having him around - so it did feel like a genuine loss.

I can't quite decide whether the iPhone chat with Amber and Matilda worked as a dramatic device or not and it may have had the effect of swinging the needle a little beyond poignant and a little too close to hammy - but nonetheless I do think that, given the situation, it's quite a plausible thing to happen in this day and age, and to that extent I could buy it.

Then we had another big shock (literally) at the end, with Kyle getting electrocuted - I really hope Amy can revive him, as that would just be too much on top of Josh.

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

blewuporstuffed

I watched a bit of it last night.
Some of the worst TV i have ever seen.  :-X
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

QuoteI can't quite decide whether the iPhone chat with Amber and Matilda worked as a dramatic device or not and it may have had the effect of swinging the needle a little beyond poignant and a little too close to hammy - but nonetheless I do think that, given the situation, it's quite a plausible thing to happen in this day and age, and to that extent I could buy it.

This was the bit I seen.
WTF! He was lying there dying and rather than have paramedics work on him or try and get him out, they were skyping his girlfriend and baby. :-\
The whole goodbye thing was the most ridiculous hammy thing i have seen on TV in a long time
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Are Scott and Charlene still married.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Better than the harold bishop twist?!

Medic

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 24, 2017, 12:17:06 PM
Better than the harold bishop twist?!

I hope the writers use Dee's return as a catalyst to learn and to not repeat the mistakes of the past year where things really fell apart after Hotel Death Trap week with the long winded Julie Quill/Jacka reveal, torturous viewing of Jack/Paige and other associated nonsense of contrived romantic pairings, inconsistent (or nonexistent) characterisation, endless guest characters/villians, stunt casting and a general lack of humour.

It's not all about unmissabledrama. I want the opportunity to laugh, cry and smile at this Dee storyline over the coming months and to really explore how the effect of Dee's return on these characters in unimaginable and unpredictable ways. I want good character-driven storytelling that really delivers on the day-to-day turmoil of the human experience.

I don't want to go through a lull of hating 3/5 of the episodes in a given week but then getting all hyped up again because a BIG NEW EVENT is advertised to happen on the show.

Here's hoping Dee's storyline marks a new chapter for Neighbours!

laoislad

I haven't seen Neighbours in years,now she's back though I can think of two very big reasons why I might tune in.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

leenie

Did they ever bring back drew Kirk ? 😂🐴🐴🐴
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

It's more believable than her marrying Toadie in the first place.

Medic

Medic

Medic

The good doctor could be coming over to Dublin lol