TV Game shows

Started by Aughafad, February 14, 2018, 11:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aughafad

Has anyone on here ever been on a TV gameshow? I've just done an audition in the welly park this morning for tipping point and i was wondering about the chances of actually getting onto the actual show after auditions.

rosnarun

I was on know your sport years ago, just did a quick audition on the phone for basic knowledge and was in . not sure how many applied .
I was on another one late but I forget the name of it (its not the answer maybe)and never even saw it and I don think any one else did either as nobody mentioned it ,
where as after know your sport I was being pointed at for ages and people asking me about it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dire Ear

Love Tipping Point,  good luck to you!

David McKeown

Had a friend got on Deal or No deal a few years back. It was 3-4 months between auditions and the filming of memory serves me right. Had an uncle made a 15-1 final years ago too but no idea how he got on that.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

BennyCake

Does Larry Gogan's Just a minute quiz count?

Know Your Sport was a great show. Much better than thon one with Ruby Walsh and the chunky fella with the mullet.

LooseCannon

Create an Irish version of the Chase, I'll be the Chaser.

Milltown Row2

I was speaking to someone the other day and he aplies with a friend to all of the shows, has been on a few of them and is doing Pointless next week! was on a show last year and won £6,000.. they have to bring about 4/5 shirts and trousers to ensure it suits the lighting and show..

Fair play to anyone that goes on them, be too embarrassed to get a question wrong on a subject would be related to your job lol!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Harold Disgracey

I was on Eggheads about 10 years ago, we did an audition at the BBC in Belfast. We were flown over to London and put up in a hotel overnight and got a few £ for meals etc. We flew over on a Sunday morning and went in the rip in Shepherds Bush and filmed the show on the Monday morning. It wasn't broadcast until nearly a year after it was recorded. We didn't want but it was a great experience.

rosnarun

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 14, 2018, 03:02:00 PM
I was on Eggheads about 10 years ago, we did an audition at the BBC in Belfast. We were flown over to London and put up in a hotel overnight and got a few £ for meals etc. We flew over on a Sunday morning and went in the rip in Shepherds Bush and filmed the show on the Monday morning. It wasn’t broadcast until nearly a year after it was recorded. We didn’t want but it was a great experience.
great sure that serious quiz /
how about a GAAboard team to take them on
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ziggysego

I auditioned for Irish First Dates last year. They couldn't match me with anyone.
Testing Accessibility

LooseCannon

Quote from: ziggysego on February 14, 2018, 03:53:23 PM
I auditioned for Irish First Dates last year. They couldn't match me with anyone.

If you think that First Dates is a game show, then I think I know why!

ziggysego

Quote from: LooseCannon on February 14, 2018, 03:56:15 PM

TV audition, not game show. But hey, if pedantry is you're thing, good luck to you.
Testing Accessibility

LooseCannon

Quote from: ziggysego on February 14, 2018, 05:03:32 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on February 14, 2018, 03:56:15 PM

TV audition, not game show. But hey, if pedantry is you're thing, good luck to you.

Twas a slow day!

Square Ball

Were you wearing you sympathy t-shirt? 🤔😂
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Aughafad

fair play to anyone who puts themselves through the type of audition i went through today more than once because i was absolutely bricking it when it came to my 2 minute monologue in front of a roomful of strangers