Vertonghen and Spurs should be ashamed!

Started by under the bar, February 28, 2014, 12:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Shameful stuff from Vertonghen tonight faking a hit to get the man sent off.  Tony's influence must be waning...

seafoid

Quote from: under the bar on February 28, 2014, 12:24:08 AM
Shameful stuff from Vertonghen tonight faking a hit to get the man sent off.  Tony's influence must be waning...

It's "soccer" - it's not as manly, not as ancient or as uasal as hurling but this red card stuff to get a man sent off, it is basically the same, although those lads do it for money rather than the parish , which is very grubby, very mercenary, very not Gillette, not the best a man can get frankly, certainly not around Ballyhale   

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/2014/0217/504912-keher/
"I never agreed with use of cards. They were introduced in 1970 in the soccer World Cup which was a wise decision because of the language barrier."It enabled referees to communicate better with the players of various countries."

Get rid of the cards boys and SPEAK f**king ENGLISH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dGO2Kssehk

If Dnipro need some PR, Henry is available. But only in English.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: seafoid on February 28, 2014, 07:27:33 AM

"I never agreed with use of cards. They were introduced in 1970 in the soccer World Cup which was a wise decision because of the language barrier."It enabled referees to communicate better with the players of various countries."

Similar to the GAA there!, GAA had to bring in cards because Charlie Redmond couldn't understand English.

/Jim.

magpie seanie

I thought on watching the replay that he got him with a nasty little shot just on the cheekbone. Definite red card I thought.

Main Street

Not just Vertonghen and Spurs should be ashamed, the ITV commentary team as well.
This is up with the most blatant simulations ever done, to get a player red carded.

king of leon

There was only going to be one outcome once the Russian player put the head forward... Stupid action.. I'd say he was sitting on his own on the flight home!

seafoid

Quote from: king of leon on February 28, 2014, 01:06:15 PM
There was only going to be one outcome once the Russian player put the head forward... Stupid action.. I'd say he was sitting on his own on the flight home!
Is he Russian or Ukrainian?
That's the third European match in 10 days involving English clubs where the tie was decided by a red card
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

supersub

Leading wit the forehead, forget about impact, action is a red card. Silly boy.

Main Street

Yeah sure, and Vertonghen should get a standing ovation for his antics.
That's what football has come to, where the provocative cowardly cheat has no comeback for his action. On the contrary, football supporters and authorities all tolerate and reward such blatant 10th rate theatrical simulation by taking no action against the cheat.
The message being sent out by UEFA is, as long as we can see the slightest contact then we will tolerate  gross simulation which turned that slight contact into a red card by fooling the ref, not only will we support and reward the simulation but we will ban the Dinipri player for 3 games  for not having the foresight to hit the floor at the same time and simulate agony.

Vertonghen. twice the size of the Dinipri player, goes straight at him to shove him out of the way, moves his head towards the Dinipri player's head, receives the slightest of return contact and simulates getting hit by an axe.

DennistheMenace

Red card and a bit of simulation, move on. Happens in GAA games every week.

supersub

Didn't say anything about his 'antics'. By the book it's a red card. But by the same token if Vertonghan had stayed on his feet the referee would not have seen been alerted to the headbutt by all accounts, but is this right? Should people be able to break the rules knowing they can get away with it? No! Idiot shouldn't have attempted the action and was duly punished. All this macho GAA hardman bullshit doesn't take away from the fact that in the sport in question he committed a red card offence end of story.

deiseach

Am I the only one who thought it was all a little dodgy? Zozulya is irate enough to throw the head in yet not so irate that he didn't react to Adebayor wrapping his arms around him for a good thirty seconds by tearing Adebayor a new one. Heck, I got irate just watching such a disingenuous effort at keeping the peace. It was a red card, even if Vertongen reaction was that of a complete weasel. I'd love to know how Andy Townsend would have reacted though had it been Luis Suarez hitting the deck in that manner.

Shamrock Shore

Maybe I am thick but why should the lad in the blue jersey be sent off for allowing his head to run into the Spur's lad's head.

I see no act of aggro from the blue lad at all.

T Fearon

Ban for

1) Trolling

2) Opening a new thread instead of using the No piss taking thread.

3) Childish attempt to wind me up/piss me off.