Pressure Washer recommendations

Started by under the bar, April 15, 2011, 08:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Lads the pressure washer has packed in.   Can anyone recommend one they use for the patio?   something nice and compact but that cleans well and quickly instead of standing all day.  Loads of cheap ones out there but many are like using an eletric toothbrush.

Armagh Cúchulainns

Bought an RAC make in B&Q a year or so ago for around 70-80, not bad for what i needed it, paths around house and a driveway which fits 4 cars easy all washed in a day or so.
Its all about the Hurling.

Hardy

It would never occur to me that paths and driveways need to be washed. I'm getting worried now. What other social outrages am I perpetrating because I don't understand the requirements of polite society?

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Hardy on April 15, 2011, 10:42:37 AM
It would never occur to me that paths and driveways need to be washed. I'm getting worried now. What other social outrages am I perpetrating because I don't understand the requirements of polite society?

Do you keep pigs (or other lifestock) in the parlour?

/Jim.

Hardy

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on April 15, 2011, 11:03:32 AM

/Jim.

No, nothing like that. Maybe if I ever get a parlour ...

It's just that I never heard of people washing their driveways before pressure washers were invented. I think I don't understand which is the chicken and which is the marketing egg - the need to wash driveways or the availability of technology for washing driveways.

Olly

Quote from: Hardy on April 15, 2011, 12:01:52 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on April 15, 2011, 11:03:32 AM

/Jim.

No, nothing like that. Maybe if I ever get a parlour ...

It's just that I never heard of people washing their driveways before pressure washers were invented. I think I don't understand which is the chicken and which is the marketing egg - the need to wash driveways or the availability of technology for washing driveways.

I think this is a very ignorant statement. I have a nephew who is constantly licking the ground. I turn a blind eye to this normally when I am minding him as my floors are clean and my driveway free from any machinery including cars so there are no oil spills etc. But, I once took him to the local favour house (it's a house which you get favours done) and it's a farm place. When I came out the young lad was licking their driveway and it was covered in all manner of animal excrement.

So think again, ok?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

under the bar

Picked this one up this morning.  Great job, plenty of power and auto cut-out when you release the trigger.   Highly recommended.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7420078/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHER.htm

laoislad

If you dont mind spending a little extra then the best washer Imo is Karcher. I bought one a few years ago and its a great job for the paths and driveway. The one I have can be turned up or down depending on the job, it would almost rip paint off the car on the highest setting so its great for cleaning the driveway on full pressure.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

snatter

Quote from: laoislad on April 15, 2011, 01:57:09 PM
If you dont mind spending a little extra then the best washer Imo is Karcher. I bought one a few years ago and its a great job for the paths and driveway.

Not any more according to the hotukdeals thread posted above - Karcher have allegedly gone downhill over the last couple of years, and Nilfisk are now generally regarded as being better - their motors are aluminium, that must be good I guess.

laoislad

Quote from: snatter on April 15, 2011, 02:29:52 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 15, 2011, 01:57:09 PM
If you dont mind spending a little extra then the best washer Imo is Karcher. I bought one a few years ago and its a great job for the paths and driveway.

Not any more according to the hotukdeals thread posted above - Karcher have allegedly gone downhill over the last couple of years, and Nilfisk are now generally regarded as being better - their motors are aluminium, that must be good I guess.

Maybe so..I bought mine about 4 years ago and have no complaints though I'm sure there is better tech now.

AZOffaly

Quote from: under the bar on April 15, 2011, 01:55:54 PM
Picked this one up this morning.  Great job, plenty of power and auto cut-out when you release the trigger.   Highly recommended.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7420078/Trail/searchtext%3EPRESSURE+WASHER.htm

I just reserved this one in Argos in Limerick, special price €52. Sure if it lasts one summer that'd be a win. Hardy, remind me never to visit your house, ya dirty Meath fecker ya :)

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 15, 2011, 03:12:21 PM

I just reserved this one in Argos in Limerick, special price €52. Sure if it lasts one summer that'd be a win. Hardy, remind me never to visit your house, ya dirty Meath fecker ya :)

Just had a look at that..I bought a Kango hammer drill of the same make as the pressure washer in that link also from Argos a while ago and the drill is still going strong after a lot of heavy use, so if the pressure washer of the same make is anything like the drill then it should last a long time.

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 15, 2011, 03:12:21 PM

I live in Cork. The last thing my driveway needs is more water.