Mc Closkey V Khan

Started by Poc me, April 18, 2011, 12:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poc me

Lads, I watched the fight there on Sat night and was pretty gutted at the resul. The worst ting is that Kahn is being a complete bollocks about the whole thing. He seems to be going on with the attitude that he outclassed Dudey. Any one that watched the fight would've seen that Kahn never troubled him apart from maybe one short period in the 4th. Even at that Dudey cam back no bother to him and the decision to stop the fight was a joke. Kahn maintains that Duedy wanted it stopped and even worse the BBC report on the fight said that Kahn was a bit embarrassed being presented the title. He doesn't look embarrassed in this pic (i wouldn't be one to use the Mail for anyting but i thought this pic said it all):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1377700/Amir-Khan-beats-Paul-McCloskey-Manchester.html

How Kahn reckons Dudey wanted it stopped is beyond me. The man was ragin!

As soon as the doctor got in the ring Kahn ran over to the corner to get his gloves off. I would not contest that Kahn was winning on points whatsoever. He landed the most shots but that was only because Dudey's game plan wasn't to go for a points win.

I'm I being biased here or was it a very harsh call to stop the fight?

Overthebar!

somebody call the thread police...

screenexile

The Daily Mail are some craic too

QuoteBut the McCloskey camp believed that the cut had been caused deliberately and that Khan should have been disqualified instead of successfully defending his title.

Then at no stage do they back up that this claim has been made but instead add the following:

Quote'That was a disgraceful call,' said Hearn. . . 'If you accept it was an accidental clash of heads, which I do, then the fight should have continued.'

Anyway without worrying too much about the article the man deserves a fair crack of the whip and he didn't get it last night. Is there any way that the British Boxing Board can demand a rematch for him or even declare the result null and void? I think that the latter would be fairer, McCloskey would maintain his record and Khan would keep his belt and can go off to fight whoever he likes.

Also can anyone explain to me how there are allowed to be 3 English judges in a fight between an Englishman and an Irishman?? Does this happen in ANY other sport?

Poc me

Quote from: Overthebar! on April 18, 2011, 12:33:23 AM
somebody call the thread police...

please explain your comment?

screenexile

He is asserting that this should belong in "The Boxing Thread" I think it's being a being a bit picky though and that there is no reason why this should not have its own thread!

Overthebar!

It was a joke, who am I to say if anyone can start a thread or not but right enough the fight is over!
in relation to the fight as much as I want to see Dudey getting a re-match I am almost certain he won't... Khan will be off to America as he clearly doesn't have any sort of following over here. The main winner in this fight was Sky, bet they are delighted they didn't cover it now...I don't know that much about boxing but is it just me or has the standard declined over the past number of years? I have watched most of the recent 'big' fights and to be honest they haven't been great...maybe stating the obvious, I don't know

screenexile

Quote from: Overthebar! on April 18, 2011, 01:03:54 AM
It was a joke, who am I to say if anyone can start a thread or not but right enough the fight is over!
in relation to the fight as much as I want to see Dudey getting a re-match I am almost certain he won't... Khan will be off to America as he clearly doesn't have any sort of following over here. The main winner in this fight was Sky, bet they are delighted they didn't cover it now...I don't know that much about boxing but is it just me or has the standard declined over the past number of years? I have watched most of the recent 'big' fights and to be honest they haven't been great...maybe stating the obvious, I don't know

You're right! The only reason I watched that is because Dudey is a local man, the last fight before that was Fraudley Haye. To be fair Haye Klitschko and Mayweather Pacquiao are the only 2 fights that I am intersted in seeing!

Blowitupref

Can't wait to see Mayweather v Pacquiao is it's definitely going ahead?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

mc_grens

Da game ain't straight, Dawg.