Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: Banana Man on December 21, 2010, 09:26:31 AM
Quote from: Minder on December 20, 2010, 11:07:53 PM
Lawnseed, can you save your party political broadcasts for the relevant threads.

hang on a minute minder, what lawnseed said is totally relevant to the discussion and is not a party political broadcast.

Have to say he hit the nail on the head with the SDLP getting a polish councillor in an effort to get the poles' votes in a headcount carve up, the very thing ritchie said she opposed.
I'm confused. How does selecting a Polish candidate contribute to a 'carve-up'? Is it not a legitimate means of ensuring representation for the Polish community? If SF had managed it, it would be heralded as evidence of how they can reach out to all. Would SF oppose the nomination of a Pole/Latvian/Lithuanian as one of their candidates? If so, why?

seafoid

Heathrow airport looks like a total nightmare. 30 years of Thatcherism do shocking things to a country's infrastructure. 

The Real Laoislad

Stuck in car for almost two hours now,
dying for a piss. Some amount of snow falling
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maguire01

Quote from: seafoid on December 21, 2010, 04:06:43 PM
Heathrow airport looks like a total nightmare. 30 years of Thatcherism do shocking things to a country's infrastructure.
Eh?

spuds

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 21, 2010, 04:08:43 PM
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

ziggysego

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 21, 2010, 04:08:43 PM

Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Banana Man on December 21, 2010, 11:59:25 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 21, 2010, 11:52:49 AM
talk of minus 20 tonight in the armagh area. got a latvian mate he rekons pipes can freeze upto a meter under the ground at minus 20. fuks sake!

banana your a down man whats the story in katesbridge its always the coldest place about.

2 theories, one is they always quote katesbidge because there is an official weather station there, so they can always use it as an official guage, i stand to be corrected but i think castlederg is the same which is why it is constantly used also

the second theory is it lies in a gap and is always affected by the cold but i would put all the negative equity in the house on it being the first one

It's theory one. That's why The Derg is quoted as th coldest place. It's due to the fact that it has the station. In reality there may be places that are colder!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Owenbeg

Lads question for folks near shannon, what is it like, im flying in there on Friday morning after changed my flight to avoid Heathrow. Whats she lookin like for Thursday nite/ Friday morning. Then driving to Dungiven so thats should be good fun as well!!!!!!

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: seafoid on December 21, 2010, 04:06:43 PM
Perhaps a slight exaggeration - perhaps overstating the problem? - there. A big debate could be had on that point. Just think though, in weather this cold the old witch could pop her clogs and we in 'da Nart' all get the day off!

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: FermGael on December 17, 2010, 07:51:58 AM
bad here in maghera.
Is that a statement about the weather or just a general point? PS - I know that we have kinda peace up here, but would it be safe enough to walk around the streets of Belfast wearing a Balaclava? (I would perhaps be the only person to wear one in the city for its real purpose in about 45 years)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Owenbeg on December 21, 2010, 08:25:49 PM
Lads question for folks near shannon, what is it like, im flying in there on Friday morning after changed my flight to avoid Heathrow. Whats she lookin like for Thursday nite/ Friday morning. Then driving to Dungiven so thats should be good fun as well!!!!!!

Don't think they did too bad on the snow front down there. Galway and Mayo are bad so thats where you'll have problems and pretty much everywhere else on the way up.

mylestheslasher

The most dangerous place in Ireland is not in Dublin today but is in Ballina, Co Mayo. There was heavy snowfall last night, maybe 10 inches. Add to that the fact that the council change the one way street directions every week and then the final straw is that there are all these Mayo people driving around that can't use indicators or figure out roundabouts. I'd put it ahead of North Korea as one of the most dangerous places on earth.

mc_grens

Left work in Georges Street at 5, went by the Park, and got home to C'Knock at 8:45.

Sneachtapocalypse!

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on December 21, 2010, 09:09:59 PM
Quote from: FermGael on December 17, 2010, 07:51:58 AM
bad here in maghera.
Is that a statement about the weather or just a general point? PS - I know that we have kinda peace up here, but would it be safe enough to walk around the streets of Belfast wearing a Balaclava? (I would perhaps be the only person to wear one in the city for its real purpose in about 45 years)
Seen the police wearing Balaclava's tonight.  Slowing traffic as there was a digger clearing snow from a road end. It was -12.5 though.

lurganblue

Saw some cars with newspapers over the windscreens over night, I can only assume in an attempt to limit the ice build up on it. Does that work?