Its snowing!

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, February 20, 2010, 04:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Phone is telling me -8 for Dublin, which I presume is the Airport. Met.ie saying -10 at 8am. Insane weather.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: stephenite on December 21, 2010, 06:42:56 AM
Played a lovely round of golf today, hit 29 degrees, bit sunburnt though:(

Fcuk off you cnut!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on December 21, 2010, 08:30:57 AM
Phone is telling me -8 for Dublin, which I presume is the Airport. Met.ie saying -10 at 8am. Insane weather.

Aye my car shows minus 11. Getting the ice of the windscreen is a nightmare

Banana Man

Quote from: Minder on December 20, 2010, 11:07:53 PM
Lawnseed, can you save your party political broadcasts for the relevant threads.

hang on a minute minder, what lawnseed said is totally relevant to the discussion and is not a party political broadcast.

Have to say he hit the nail on the head with the SDLP getting a polish councillor in an effort to get the poles' votes in a headcount carve up, the very thing ritchie said she opposed.

lawnseed

you mean "STOOPS" banana stop calling them the social democratic labour party. if they were the labour party they'd have been in talks with eamon gilmore and pat rabbitt not biffo and co
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on December 20, 2010, 11:39:25 AM
Snowing heavily in Blackrock in Dublin.

Expect 15 min bulletins now on ARRRRRRRRRRTE 1 radio.

F your effin snow, I've a horse outside.

Legged it home on me rothar when I saw this post yesterday, not a hint of any snow anywhere, looked out the window about an hour after getting home and there was about a foot of snow outside, this place is better than met.ie...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

the Deel Rover

About 9 inches of snow in Mayo this Morning . Mayo drivers are loving the extreme driving conditions  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lawnseed

talk of minus 20 tonight in the armagh area. got a latvian mate he rekons pipes can freeze upto a meter under the ground at minus 20. fuks sake!

banana your a down man whats the story in katesbridge its always the coldest place about.

Banana Man

Quote from: lawnseed on December 21, 2010, 11:52:49 AM
talk of minus 20 tonight in the armagh area. got a latvian mate he rekons pipes can freeze upto a meter under the ground at minus 20. fuks sake!

banana your a down man whats the story in katesbridge its always the coldest place about.

2 theories, one is they always quote katesbidge because there is an official weather station there, so they can always use it as an official guage, i stand to be corrected but i think castlederg is the same which is why it is constantly used also

the second theory is it lies in a gap and is always affected by the cold but i would put all the negative equity in the house on it being the first one

Bensars

Quote from: lawnseed on December 21, 2010, 11:52:49 AM

Keep the heat on all night.  Cheaper than repairing burst pipes

lawnseed

bensars your picture... luv it ;D

theskull1

They're back  :P .....hooray!!!
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Rois

Back to the snow - holy God it is fairly coming down in Dublin 2 - managed to go and get lunch in a small let-up but there have been some horrific showers today.

gerrykeegan

iweatheronline
.WEATHER ADVISORY: #IWO heavy snow, currently over Cardigan Bay, is likely to hit the capital around rush hour. Will keep you posted

Its going to get worse for rush hour. Glad I walked now!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

armaghniac

QuoteIWO heavy snow, currently over Cardigan Bay, is likely to hit the capital around rush hour. Will keep you posted

watch it come

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

you'll need a cardigan if that lot comes on top of what's already here.

or check out the satellite

also note how there is no snow from Waterford to Limerick, but snow south west and north east of that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B