The Recession

Started by The Claw, June 24, 2008, 09:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Claw

Well looks like we're all fucked, ecomony gone to crap, unemployment, emigration, first time since 1983. So says an ESRI report anyway.
I cant wait till its over so I can say 'the kids of today dont know what its like to live through the hard times'

bingobus

I'm emigrating to Poland.

thejuice

Oh well, what can we do only get used to it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thebandit

I wish boys would go out and do a bit of work instead of sitting in the pub giving out about it

mannix

Looks like a bumpy road ahead, may delay returning home for a few years and stay put.

Hardy

ESRI reports have gone from holding to reduced growth to soft landing to zero growth to recession in less than twelve months. I'm telling yiz now the next one will be crash and after that man the lifeboats.

T Fearon

I have lost count of the number of seminars I attended this time last year, at which the Chief Economists from the leading Banks in Ireland all warned of slight drops in house prices etc, and rapid falls in interest rates within 12 months (remember there had been a couple of rises this time last year) but there was nothing to worry about over all.

In short I take all predictions and economic reports from the high and mighty with a large pinch of saxa.

Billys Boots

Yeah folks, but the signs were there for all to see, for a considerable time, that there wouldn't be a 'soft landing' or a 'correction'.  These economist lads like nothing better than a big news story, to get their ugly gubs on the news - God be with the days when economists stayed hidden in their libraries.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

T Fearon

Actually one of them was quite funny. He explained how is course tutor at university always used to tell him, "You'll never get a job, but at least you'll understand why!" :D :D

Louth Exile

Quote from: bingobus on June 24, 2008, 09:49:15 AM
I'm emigrating to Poland.

You and about half of Carrickmacross

Well at least Gerorge Lee and David Mc Williams will be happy!!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Zapatista

I have been living in recession for ages. The cost of living has been going up much faster than my wages for years. The only problem (if it even is a problem) is it won't be as easy to borrow. Then again anyone who has borrowed big (with all the promise of a great economy) could in trouble.

Goats Do Shave

All peaks are followed by troughs, but the damn meja are driving this hard!!  >:(

ONeill

Sold the wife yesterday. Got 2 camels and a spirit level.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Blegard

Its inevitable but I hope we can ride it out. I remember the bad old days in England when the keys of the house got thrown into the building society and walked away. Would hate to see that happen.
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2008, 02:21:44 PM
Sold the wife yesterday. Got 2 camels and a spirit level.

they saw you coming O'Neill sure the buildings have come to a standstill you should have held out for 3 camels
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001