Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Yeah very poor from Eubank. Another hype job. Swing and hope seemed to be in his favoured tactic this evening. Groves shoulder injury surely wouldn't be healed in time for a May final?

Having said that I enjoyed the fight.

JoG2

Listening now and they reckon the shoulder was buckled at the very start of the 12th round. Brave boy

gallsman

Hamed doing a fair job on Eubank now. Says he doesn't have it at the elite level and won't ever.

gallsman

Doing the same job on Groves now in fairness.

laceer

Hamed talks some shite.

JoG2

Quote from: laceer on February 17, 2018, 11:33:33 PM
Hamed talks some shite.

Way over the top from Hamed . Eubank will go back to middleweight, and if he gets a new team who can somehow get him to ditch the ego and learn how to control a fight, then he can maybe resurrect his career. Not finished yet

square_ball

He needs to tell the dad to sling his hook and get a proper team around him.

MoChara

Prince Naseem was the highlight of the night 😂

BennyHarp

Groves is a very skilled boxer and took Eubank Jr apart. I think Eubank has all the skills but until he winds in the ego and gets himself a decent trainer and coach, who he actually listens to, then he will always be found out when he fights a proper boxer. This nonsense about him training himself and footage of him wrapping his own hands is utterly ridiculous and is no longer even a viable hype/promotion tactic as it's been completely laid bare. I just wonder how different tonight would have been if Adam Booth hadn't been given the boot a few years.
That was never a square ball!!

lurganblue

Saw the Danny Garcia knockout there. Such heavy hands that lad has. Surprised Rios even managed to get up but it rightly wasnt allowed to go any further.

BennyHarp

Just read Brähmer is out of Saturdays other semi final with Callum Smith. Replacement to be announced later which might be Nieky Holzken according to the same report. I've never heard of him? Looks like an easy enough passage for Smith now.

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 20, 2018, 09:21:28 AM
Just read Brähmer is out of Saturdays other semi final with Callum Smith. Replacement to be announced later which might be Nieky Holzken according to the same report. I've never heard of him? Looks like an easy enough passage for Smith now.

Good idea on paper but the super middleweight tournament wasn't exactly the top 8 fighters in the division.  I see the WBC has went for a Welterweight version that reads like a Vauxhall Conference lineup.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Andy Lee has announced his retirement. One of my favourite boxers over the last few years, was gutted when he lost his belt to BJS but didn't really show up that night. Is a regular on Off the Ball and he is always worth listening to, so maybe a media career awaits.

The Iceman

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 20, 2018, 08:11:26 PM
Andy Lee has announced his retirement. One of my favourite boxers over the last few years, was gutted when he lost his belt to BJS but didn't really show up that night. Is a regular on Off the Ball and he is always worth listening to, so maybe a media career awaits.
Was at a party one night in manhattan with the bold Andy. He was going to throw someone off a balcony over nothing - scary man with drink in him
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight