18. Sheffield Utd
19. Wolves
20. Luton

square_ball

1st Man City
2nd Arsenal
3rd Liverpool
4th Man Utd

I think Arsenal and Liverpool will be well in the title race with 5 or so games left until the City machine goes into overdrive.

18th Wolves
19th Luton
20th Sheff Utd (record low points)

J70

As things stand right now, assuming no further transfer moves...

Same top 4, same order as last season.

Will revisit at end of transfer window.

thewobbler

Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 07:35:33 PM
As things stand right now, assuming no further transfer moves...

Same top 4, same order as last season.

Will revisit at end of transfer window.

Can't see it.

3 of the top 4 last season had no CL football. And none of those have added significant depth to their squads.

Chelsea and Spurs in particular have a clear run at league football for 90% of the coming season.

Capt Pat

1 Liverpool
2 City
3 United
4 Chelsea

Liverpool are back on their good year. One year good one year bad. They will finish well ahead of United and Arsenal. City will miss Gundogan and Mahrez and may come down a bit from the high of the treble.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 09, 2023, 10:24:23 PM
1 Liverpool
2 City
3 United
4 Chelsea

Liverpool are back on their good year. One year good one year bad. They will finish well ahead of United and Arsenal. City will miss Gundogan and Mahrez and may come down a bit from the high of the treble.

Liverpool have lost a lot of experience. Still haggling over the 50 m for lavia. Other years Liverpool had the business done early. United will get better this season.

ONeill

1 City
2. Liverpool
3. Utd
4 Arsenal

18 Sheff Utd
19 Nottm For
20 Luton
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2023, 11:17:21 PM
1 City
2. Liverpool
3. Utd
4 Arsenal

18 Sheff Utd
19 Nottm For
20 Luton

You're quare craic.

Mourne Red

1 - Arsenal
2 - City
3 - United
4 - Liverpool (If they get a CDM, Chelsea in 4th if they don't)

18 - Everton
19 - Luton
20 - Sheff United

square_ball

Spurs agree a deal with Bayern then for Kane.

Probably better to rip the sticking plaster off now for Spurs than let him leave for nothing next summer. A bit shocked he is going to Bayern given he is so close to the goal scoring record.

lurganblue

I still see him as not going but surely Munich have been given assurance before bidding that amount. Some money for a lad of his age with 1 year left on his contract

jcpen

I think we could have a 3 way battle for the title this season between City Arsenal and Liverpool with 4th place between Manchester United, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Can't see Luton Town staying up, also think Wolves and maybe Sheffield United to join them.

A surprise package this season could be Aston Villa.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

square_ball

Quote from: lurganblue on August 10, 2023, 01:20:09 PM
I still see him as not going but surely Munich have been given assurance before bidding that amount. Some money for a lad of his age with 1 year left on his contract

Yeah that's my thinking too. This has been ongoing all summer. Surely in that time they'd have sounded Kane out if he was interested in going. I wouldn't be surprised one way or the other the way it finishes up.

statto

Quote from: jcpen on August 10, 2023, 01:23:07 PM
I think we could have a 3 way battle for the title this season between City Arsenal and Liverpool with 4th place between Manchester United, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Can't see Luton Town staying up, also think Wolves and maybe Sheffield United to join them.

Can't see Liverpool being in the mix, if they had sorted out another defender and defensive midfielder possibly but think they will concede too many.  As good as any team in the division in the forward positions. 

NAG1

Quote from: statto on August 10, 2023, 02:01:34 PM
Quote from: jcpen on August 10, 2023, 01:23:07 PM

Can't see Liverpool being in the mix, if they had sorted out another defender and defensive midfielder possibly but think they will concede too many.  As good as any team in the division in the forward positions.

Yeah I've been thinking the same, this could be the year they fall back.

To be fair one PL title for the mentality monsters was some going  ;) ;) ;)

That being said if they invest late in the window in a DMF and CH I think it could make all the difference to their season.