The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on March 17, 2018, 03:35:45 PM
There's only 9 points in it ffs.
A converted try and a penalty surpasses that.
So hardly the "easiest win of the tournament".

Ya rly?

mrdeeds

We getting benefit of doubt with TMO.

lenny

Quote from: lenny on March 17, 2018, 08:38:56 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 17, 2018, 08:33:44 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 17, 2018, 06:37:45 AM
In time honoured Irish tradition the team that wants it more will win it.

Passion!

If there's anything at all in England, it will come out today. I know the players won't be taken in by the confidence in the media etc. but I'm fearful of England in London. I'm going to say England rain on our parade like we did to them previously.

Syferus, if you think the players look at a potential Grand Slam as you do, a nice bonus but job done already, then you are mental.

We'll beat them well today. They're in disarray making 10 changes and low in confidence. We've a settled side and full of confidence. They'll be fired up and fresh but we should wear them down and see the game out comfortably.

Not as comfortable as I thought it would be. The first try was probably a knock on so we got some luck there. The third was superbly taken but a bit lucky that it didn't flick his hand and that the goal area was extended by the english. Second try was class. We managed the game very well when o'mahoney was in the bin.

gallsman

Slap it up them but that final try was shocking for England to give up. 80 seconds to see out, a man up and they concede a scrum. Then a free kick. Then a penalty. You could hear Hartley roaring at them about discipline. Brilliant stuff from Stockdale.

longballin

Quote from: lenny on March 17, 2018, 03:49:37 PM

Passion!

If there's anything at all in England, it will come out today. I know the players won't be taken in by the confidence in the media etc. but I'm fearful of England in London. I'm going to say England rain on our parade like we did to them previously.

Syferus, if you think the players look at a potential Grand Slam as you do, a nice bonus but job done already, then you are mental.

We'll beat them well today. They're in disarray making 10 changes and low in confidence. We've a settled side and full of confidence. They'll be fired up and fresh but we should wear them down and see the game out comfortably.

Not as comfortable as I thought it would be. The first try was probably a knock on so we got some luck there. The third was superbly taken but a bit lucky that it didn't flick his hand and that the goal area was extended by the english. Second try was class. We managed the game very well when o'mahoney was in the bin.

You have high standards! 16 ahead at half time... feels comfortable where I'm sitting  8)

Syferus

Best is still throwing the ball like he's had five pints of Guiness before the match..

lenny

Quote from: longballin on March 17, 2018, 03:53:33 PM
Quote from: lenny on March 17, 2018, 03:49:37 PM

Passion!

You have high standards! 16 ahead at half time... feels comfortable where I'm sitting  8)

I thought we'd be that far ahead but wasn't thinking we'd need to be a bit lucky to get that lead.

Cunny Funt

Just switched over a try for England a lifeline or too little too late for them?

Hardy

Around about now we should have Stockdale's intercept try.

gallsman

Daly is a niggly, mouthy p***k.

Tony Baloney

Brilliant stuff. 3 tries from England but they looked fairly toothless.

seafoid

Fantastic result. They really were the best team in the competition. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gallsman

Almost feels anticlimactic as we were so much better than them. Scoreline very flattering to England.

Syferus

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU