Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 04, 2017, 12:20:47 PM
Fair dues to Owen Roes, they have been knocking the door for a few years now. I think that is a reference to their very talented midfielder who happened to make a move over the road for 2017...perhaps the final piece of the jigsaw?

This one knows the craic.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: TabClear on September 04, 2017, 01:38:05 PM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 04, 2017, 12:04:49 PM
Many congratulations Norf and I'm sure it was well worth the wait, I take it the CNG comment is directed towards your manager being from Creggan Not Greencastle

Some chance of getting a response from Norf until about Wednesday!!  ;) :D

Fair play to Owen Roes, its some achievement to go through a season unbeaten, especially when you have  both teams unbeaten all year. I know there are a couple of games to go but I cant see them taking the foot off the gas to a) miss out on a perfect record in the league and b) I cant see anyone getting near them in teh Championship.

The boys from derrytresk might have something to say  about that

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Jeremiah O on September 03, 2017, 10:13:33 PM
Injury time goal from Michael Cassidy to win the game for Ardboe in Pomeroy and getting us a semi final place.

Disappointing ending for the Plunketts, had a man sent off at the beginning of the second half didn't help matters either. Hopefully our lads will learn from this and not try to defend a one point lead in our own half of the field. Hopefully another good performance to follow against Killyclogher, who knows!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TabClear on September 04, 2017, 01:38:05 PM
Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 04, 2017, 12:04:49 PM
Many congratulations Norf and I'm sure it was well worth the wait, I take it the CNG comment is directed towards your manager being from Creggan Not Greencastle

Some chance of getting a response from Norf until about Wednesday!!  ;) :D

Fair play to Owen Roes, its some achievement to go through a season unbeaten, especially when you have  both teams unbeaten all year. I know there are a couple of games to go but I cant see them taking the foot off the gas to a) miss out on a perfect record in the league and b) I cant see anyone getting near them in teh Championship.

No response needed. Subject was covered 2 years ago.

There was never much commentary about the men who left the Club over the last number of years when we were bottom of the County. A smidgen of success and....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

macca123

who is this midfielder you all talk of? Genuinely just curious

The Bearded One

Tony Devine, played for CNG. Genuinely have no knowledge of why he transferred or the background to his ties with Owen Roes.

And for the record it was Under Lights who made the original post/comment. I acknowledged the hard work that has been put in up to now, but he has certainly been a big addition to the team.
It is what it is. Presumably.

bogball88

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 05, 2017, 09:45:44 AM
Tony Devine, played for CNG. Genuinely have no knowledge of why he transferred or the background to his ties with Owen Roes.

And for the record it was Under Lights who made the original post/comment. I acknowledged the hard work that has been put in up to now, but he has certainly been a big addition to the team.
Was he the only player that has transferred in Norf? Genuinely curious

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: bogball88 on September 05, 2017, 09:57:33 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on September 05, 2017, 09:45:44 AM

Was he the only player that has transferred in Norf? Genuinely curious

Yes. The only one.

The lad transferred into the same Club his brother, sisters, nephews and cousins played all their lives for.

In fact to the best of my memory he is the only player to transfer into our Club in the last 15 years to play for the seniors.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Bearded One

As I said, had no knowledge of why he transferred and certainly wasn't judging. He is a fine player and has added to the team but I genuinely think it wouldn't have mattered, Owen Roes were never gonna be far away after the progress made in recent years.
It is what it is. Presumably.

square_ball

In fairness is there a club in the county that hasn't benefitted from a transfer at some stage or another?

omagh_gael

Loughmacrory u21s through to the county final against Galbally. Golden Years, yer lot didn't hold up your end of the bargain ;)

It's s pity this grade isn't given more support amongst clubs throughout the county.

redhandefender

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 06, 2017, 12:00:45 AM
Loughmacrory u21s through to the county final against Galbally. Golden Years, yer lot didn't hold up your end of the bargain ;)

It's s pity this grade isn't given more support amongst clubs throughout the county.

Yous appear to be the only ones taken it seriously

The Golden Years

A poor start against Galbally costs us.  You cant be giving a team 2-05 to no score of a head start after 15 minutes and expect to win.  The lads done well to bring it to back to within a point and if what appeared to be a good goal had not been disallowed you never know.

Fair play to the Lough though.  Dont know a lot about their team but it is a great achievement for a small club like theirs to get to a grade 1 final.  Who are their men players?  Surely they cant be depending on their 5 county minors at u21 level.

The Golden Years

Quote from: redhandefender on September 06, 2017, 08:59:40 AM

Yous appear to be the only ones taken it seriously

You will find a lot of teams took it seriously but then again i shouldnt be questioning you.  You know it all because you played football. (or so you claim)

Tyrone Gaa

Mickey is now on the prowl to add to the squad.  Who are the potential non-county players that will be hoping to impress in the championship and potentially make the 2018 Tyrone Squad?
Living the dream!!!