The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 05, 2019, 11:13:27 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 05, 2019, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2019, 12:19:29 AM
Retrospective bans for Robertson and TAA?

What did Robertson do?
I thought the ref got the TAA one just about right. A poor challenge, but similar to the one he booked Richarlison for as well.

He did a deliberate handball and should have got a second yellow.(TAA)

You cant give retrospective yellows. I have no doubt Robertson knew exactly what he was doing but they will never go back and ban for that. Too hard to prove intent. Ref did well last night I thought although I do think the VVD challenge on Calvert Lewis could easily have been a penalty.I do not think it would have made much difference to the result given the difference in class between the teams but could have  brought it back to 2 all.

Mane was unplayable in the first half and really good performances from Origi and Shaq as well. The goals conceded were sloppy but Everton in general were awful. Liverpool did not play particularly well but did not have to. Fiminio clearly remembered Holgate from pushing him into the hoardings a couple of years ago  ;D ;D

On a separate note I see Klopp has effectively pulled out of the League Cup. World Club squad includes Brewster, Jones, Elliott and Williams. I had thought he would leave the likes of Brewster and Jones for the Villa game as its unlikely they will see any time in Qater. Possible team for Villa is below.

Caoimhin Kelleher Age - 21
Ki-Jana Hoever Age - 17
Billy Koumetio Age - 17
Sepp van den Berg Age - 17
Yasser Larouci Age - 18
Pedro Chirivella Age - 22
Liam Coyle Age - 19
Herbie Kane Age - 21
Isaac Christie-Davies Age - 22
Leighton Clarkson Age - 18
Paul Glatzel Age - 18

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: TabClear on December 05, 2019, 11:32:59 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 05, 2019, 11:13:27 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 05, 2019, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 05, 2019, 12:19:29 AM
Retrospective bans for Robertson and TAA?

What did Robertson do?
I thought the ref got the TAA one just about right. A poor challenge, but similar to the one he booked Richarlison for as well.

He did a deliberate handball and should have got a second yellow.(TAA)

You cant give retrospective yellows. I have no doubt Robertson knew exactly what he was doing but they will never go back and ban for that. Too hard to prove intent. Ref did well last night I thought although I do think the VVD challenge on Calvert Lewis could easily have been a penalty.I do not think it would have made much difference to the result given the difference in class between the teams but could have  brought it back to 2 all.

Mane was unplayable in the first half and really good performances from Origi and Shaq as well. The goals conceded were sloppy but Everton in general were awful. Liverpool did not play particularly well but did not have to. Fiminio clearly remembered Holgate from pushing him into the hoardings a couple of years ago  ;D ;D

On a separate note I see Klopp has effectively pulled out of the League Cup. World Club squad includes Brewster, Jones, Elliott and Williams. I had thought he would leave the likes of Brewster and Jones for the Villa game as its unlikely they will see any time in Qater. Possible team for Villa is below.

Caoimhin Kelleher Age - 21
Ki-Jana Hoever Age - 17
Billy Koumetio Age - 17
Sepp van den Berg Age - 17
Yasser Larouci Age - 18
Pedro Chirivella Age - 22
Liam Coyle Age - 19
Herbie Kane Age - 21
Isaac Christie-Davies Age - 22
Leighton Clarkson Age - 18
Paul Glatzel Age - 18

He's injured and won't be back till next year.

Dire Ear

Quote from: gawa316 on December 05, 2019, 05:49:12 AM
I liked most questioned the line up but the likes or Shaq and Origi looked like they are playing very week.  Origi took his goals particularly well but thought Shaqiri was excellent, especially as he hadn't played in I don't know how long.
Love to see Shaq playing well;  something classy about him

brokencrossbar1

Elliott, Jones, Brewster and Williams will play against Villa and then follow the squad out apparently. Hardly a big deal for them to get a flight for the next day

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 05, 2019, 12:25:53 PM
Elliott, Jones, Brewster and Williams will play against Villa and then follow the squad out apparently. Hardly a big deal for them to get a flight for the next day

Beat me to it BC. Makes sense.  I do not expect them to get any game time out there but klopp clearly wants them to be part of the experience.

Capt Pat

I had  hoped Klopp would play the B team in the semi final of the world club championships. I don't really care if we win or lose that competition.

Clov

Regardless of what the supporters think, the world club championship is far more important to the club and i would guess the players and management than 2nd domestic cup in England. Even if they weren't in the world club competition they still would have been playing the B team in the Carabao Cup so its odd to expect the fixture congestion to force their hand and play the first team.

On a separate note, i look at some of the prediction models that a few of the advanced stats websites produce and i notice that 538 have Liverpool's chances of retaining the Champions league at around 8% (4th highest). However, they have also give them a 10% chance of winning the Europa league - higher than any side currently in that competition!  :o 
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Esmarelda

Quote from: yewtree on December 04, 2019, 11:17:48 PM
Ally McCoist in heaven.And we showed them only one club on Merseyside. #ynwa.
On our way to the title now.Pity the Red Mancs won.
#banter  ::)

Main Street

It's really really nice  and unique to boot, to at last have a genuine Liverpudlian here on GAA board. Though in all my time in Liverpool, about 6 months  or so way back in the day, I mostly only came across supporters of Everton.

Gabriel_Hurl

Dire Ear

Help required please!
Is the Bournemouth game televised, what station?
And is there one site where all the games televised are listed?
Cheers 👍

Boycey

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on December 06, 2019, 01:02:31 AM
It's really really nice  and unique to boot, to at last have a genuine Liverpudlian here on GAA board. Though in all my time in Liverpool, about 6 months  or so way back in the day, I mostly only came across supporters of Everton.
;D

laoislad

They've hardly even broke a sweat in that first half and are 2 up.
Some assist from Salah for the 2nd.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.