GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: the colonel on February 15, 2010, 01:00:09 PM
Div 1
Napier 0-11 Liverpool Hope 1-5
Neither team had won before so Championship goes North for first time since 2001. Napier were 0-10 to 0-1 up at half time but there wasn't really a big breeze I was told. Held out for the win after a serious bit of pressure at the end of the game.

No the wind wasn't a factor it was just combination of Hope improving in the 2nd half and Napier getting nervous towards the end I thought.

Zulu

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 16, 2010, 09:56:28 PM
Liverpool got 1-6, to give them their full dues but were well beaten by a superb Edinburgh team who were brilliant from 1 to 19 but had star performances from Owen Roes man Marcus McGinley, Cavan native Fiachra Cork, Ross Brosnan (Kildare), Rory O'Sullivan (Cork), Damien and Rob Flynn (Kerry) and north Clare man Neil Quinn.

Fixed that bit for you.  :)

Well your club should be very proud NF because you have a right good footballer there, with a great attitude to boot.

QuoteNo the wind wasn't a factor it was just combination of Hope improving in the 2nd half and Napier getting nervous towards the end I thought.

There was a bit of of a hill there as well PP so I think the scoring goal was undoubtedly the goal that Hope were kicking into in the second half. Nevertheless, I'd agree that Napier got a bit nervous and probably just wanted to hear the final whistle for the last 10 minutes.

inisceithleann

So lads, the season starts this weekend for the Lancashire and Yorkshire teams in the Pennine League. Anybody making any predictions for the winners of Divisions 1 and 2?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

southdown

Looking at Hoganstand the Manchester teams seem to be talking a good game.  Cant see much change this seaason to be honest, will be same old story.

carnaross

These are the games:

Pennine League Games - Sunday Mar 7:

Div. 1 - St. Lawrence's v St. Brendan's, Oisin's v John Mitchel's and Bros. Pearse v Cuchulains
Div. 2 - St. Anne's v St. Patrick's, St. Benedicts Harps v St. Peter's and John F. Kennedy's v Young Irelands.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Brendans abu

Lawrences failed to field against us, they turned up with 6 players.

Anyone know any other results?

supersarsfields

Mitchels beat Oisins 0-16 to 1-6 I think down in Manchester. Trainor from armagh seemed to be the pick of them.

BennyHarp

St Peters beat St Benedicts 0-16 to 2-6 in what was actually a very good game of football and the result was in the balance right up until the last few minutes when Peters pulled away!

JFK beat Young Irelands by a couple of goals in the other game at Beeston yesterday, though Young Irelands were missing alot of players!
That was never a square ball!!

Brendans abu

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 08, 2010, 09:45:30 AM
St Peters beat St Benedicts 0-16 to 2-6 in what was actually a very good game of football and the result was in the balance right up until the last few minutes when Peters pulled away!

JFK beat Young Irelands by a couple of goals in the other game at Beeston yesterday, though Young Irelands were missing alot of players!

you'll probably meet them again in the final

gallsman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 16, 2010, 09:56:28 PM
cavan native Fiachra Cork

I have the misfortune to know this guy. Good to see he's playing football, had lots of potential.

the colonel

Was outstanding in the final but I think he also got the line... was sent off as well in Scottish league and gave false names. If its the same fella I'm thinking of. Bit of a hot head
the difference between success and failure is energy

gallsman

Quote from: the colonel on March 09, 2010, 08:06:28 PM
Was outstanding in the final but I think he also got the line... was sent off as well in Scottish league and gave false names. If its the same fella I'm thinking of. Bit of a hot head

Was lucky not to get a conviction while studying law for hitting a barman in Kennedy's. I believe the judge strongly recommended that he give up the drink.

the colonel

Anyone know how to watch the finals on Wednesday across Britain?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Denn Forever

Quote from: the colonel on March 15, 2010, 10:39:00 PM
Anyone know how to watch the finals on Wednesday across Britain?

It should be on the TG4 website for the games.

http://live.tg4.ie/

I don't know if you can watch it in Britain but I'd say go on the main board and they'll know.  As I look someone else has the same problem so keep looking

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=6729.165
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersarsfields

Mitchels with another win today.