GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

All britain club quarter finals this weekend both in Newcastle:

1.30pm Cuchulainns (Yorkshire) v John Mitchells (Lancashire)

3.30pm Dundine Connelly's (Scotlannd) v Sean McDermotts (Warwickshire)

That was never a square ball!!

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

bredaghgael86

Lads, what day are these games on? would the be at bullock steads in newcastle? or where?

the colonel

They are Sunday, not sure where though
the difference between success and failure is energy

bredaghgael86

cheers colonel. prob take a run out to see them regardless of venue

BennyHarp

Quote from: the colonel on October 14, 2009, 09:59:13 AM
its Dunedin benny

My apologises for any offence caused!!

For those going to the games on sunday - the postcode of the pitch in Newcastle is NE12 7AF 

inisceithleann

The Cuchulainns V John Mitchel's game has the makings of a great game of football. I've heard that the Newcastle boys are pretty strong, but will they be able to challenge the Merseysiders?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

southdown

They will definitely put it up to Mitchels.  Given the Lancashire just about scraped by Yorkshire in this years Championship ( a game that Yorkshire shold have won) is a good indication of the standard in Yorkshire.  CuChulains shoud have some very good forwards.  Looking forward to it.

BennyHarp

John Mitchels won by 8 points today in newcastle!

Plastic Paddy

Fixtures on Sunday 1st November 2009; Junior Club Hurling final Granuale (Lon) v John Mitchel's(Warw) venue Ruislip @ 2.00pm; Junior Club Football Semi-final St Kiernans(Lon) v John Mitchel's (Lancs) venue Pairc na hEireann @ 2.30pm.

Should be a cracker in Birmingham but I'll miss it as we'll be down in Ruislip trying to pull off 3 in a row. It will be a big ask with all the players coming into London. Hopefully we'll bring the usual fantastic support to help the lads along.

umgolaarmagh

Tough match for Mitchells, i think that the majority of st kierans is home grown players and maybe there full team are english born, have been impressed by them this year

maddog

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on October 20, 2009, 08:54:11 PM
Fixtures on Sunday 1st November 2009; Junior Club Hurling final Granuale (Lon) v John Mitchel's(Warw) venue Ruislip @ 2.00pm; Junior Club Football Semi-final St Kiernans(Lon) v John Mitchel's (Lancs) venue Pairc na hEireann @ 2.30pm.

Should be a cracker in Birmingham but I'll miss it as we'll be down in Ruislip trying to pull off 3 in a row. It will be a big ask with all the players coming into London. Hopefully we'll bring the usual fantastic support to help the lads along.

Looking forward to it. I think the railway cup game is the following week so that will be 2 trips but sure what else would you be at on a November sunday afternoon.

BennyHarp

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 20, 2009, 09:18:43 PM
Tough match for Mitchells, i think that the majority of st kierans is home grown players and maybe there full team are english born, have been impressed by them this year

From what i've seen of Mitchells it will take a fair old team to beat them and i include any team they may face in the All-Ireland championship! If anything they are better than last year!

passedit

Quote from: umgolaarmagh on October 20, 2009, 09:18:43 PM

Unless they've changed much from last year, a fair few brogues to be heard in the changing room.
Don't Panic

umgolaarmagh

We played them in the league this year and they had all home grown players playing that night