Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on October 24, 2017, 10:49:35 PM
Quote from: redzone on October 24, 2017, 10:07:47 PM
What sort of u 20 team have we next year
Who is over them
When does it take place
Logan has stepped down and no word on a replacement. Apparently the plan is for the U20s to play before the Senior team next year with any U20 on the senior team becoming ineligble then for the Under 20s.
At Minor level in 2016 they were very dissapointing and were well beaten by Derry in the championship 1-15 to 0-09.
With Benny Gallen, Peter Og McCartan and Emmet McNabb they have 3 excellent players but wouldn't just be too sure of the rest of that team and the progress they have made since.
The 2016 Minor team that is now the Under 20 in 2018 lined out like this.
Benny Gallen (0-1, 1f); Tiarnan Hurl, Eoin Donnelly, James McGurk; Tiernan Corr, Conall Grimes, Peter Og McCartan; James Devlin (0-1), Cahir Goodwin; Branan Molloy, Tomas Carney (0-2, 1f), Paul Donaghy; Emmet McNabb (0-2, 1f), Matthew McGleenan (0-2), Daniel Kerr (0-2). (Subs) Damien McGuigan for J McGurk (blood sub); Oran Sludden for B Molloy; Brian McNulty for E Donnelly; Ryan Gray for C Goodwin.
This years minors were also beaten by Derry but gave a much better account of themselves against a team that went all the way to All Ireland minor final.
The Under 17s are probably too young to make a massive impact but would atleast expect Darragh Canavan to have a reasonable role from that team.

I'm nearly sure that Minor team two years ago won the Ulster Minor league which would suggest they wouldn't be as bad as the result against Derry championship would suggest. Of the lads who didn't feature that day and those who did Brian Kennedy would certainly feature around the middle. He missed nearly all of 2016 after shoulder surgery, but was excellent any time I saw him with Derrylaughan this year. Ryan Gray looked fairly useful with Trillick this year as well. Might be a bit early to expect the U17s to compete but I'd expect some them to be around the panel, if only to keep them involved with the S&C work they'll be getting.

The one lad who you would have expected to kick on was James Devlin. He was the captain of that team and had captained Moortown to win a Minor championship as an U16. I don't think he's even featured with Moortown seniors yet. I could be wrong.

Jim Bob

southtyronegael

Quote from: GJL on October 24, 2017, 10:31:38 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on October 24, 2017, 10:22:20 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on October 24, 2017, 06:52:44 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on October 24, 2017, 09:20:33 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on October 24, 2017, 08:36:23 AM
Redhandefender, what if some of the squad were of another religion? Ie protestant, muslim? Would that mean they are not included in the group pray in?

Now I know you really are a WUM Fermanagh man such nonsense.

😂😂😂😂😂 STG from Fermanagh? I assumed he/she/ was a Tyrone one!!!
its seems for some on here any dissenting voices in tyrone are either fermanagh men, havent kicked a ball, havent a clue blah blah blah.

I'd say you fit all 3...
surprise surprise, an errigal ciaran man. have you come on to defend mickey too?

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Thebigdog on October 24, 2017, 09:36:24 PM
Good to here of the kildress man's Sligo appointment. There seems to be a surprise among a few on here that someone else from within Tyrone would be capable (god forbid) of managing a senior intercounty team! To the next idiot who says who else can manage Tyrone apart from Mickey. DRY UP and BLOW AWAY!

according to a few Donegal men i know, he was very very close to getting the Donegal job.

Carmen Stateside

I see Club Tyrone in New York again with the begging buckets   ::)

LeoMc

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 25, 2017, 01:46:10 AM
One of your own club men among them!

LeoMc

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on October 24, 2017, 10:49:35 PM
Quote from: redzone on October 24, 2017, 10:07:47 PM
What sort of u 20 team have we next year
Who is over them
When does it take place
Logan has stepped down and no word on a replacement. Apparently the plan is for the U20s to play before the Senior team next year with any U20 on the senior team becoming ineligble then for the Under 20s.
At Minor level in 2016 they were very dissapointing and were well beaten by Derry in the championship 1-15 to 0-09.
With Benny Gallen, Peter Og McCartan and Emmet McNabb they have 3 excellent players but wouldn't just be too sure of the rest of that team and the progress they have made since.
The 2016 Minor team that is now the Under 20 in 2018 lined out like this.
Benny Gallen (0-1, 1f); Tiarnan Hurl, Eoin Donnelly, James McGurk; Tiernan Corr, Conall Grimes, Peter Og McCartan; James Devlin (0-1), Cahir Goodwin; Branan Molloy, Tomas Carney (0-2, 1f), Paul Donaghy; Emmet McNabb (0-2, 1f), Matthew McGleenan (0-2), Daniel Kerr (0-2). (Subs) Damien McGuigan for J McGurk (blood sub); Oran Sludden for B Molloy; Brian McNulty for E Donnelly; Ryan Gray for C Goodwin.
This years minors were also beaten by Derry but gave a much better account of themselves against a team that went all the way to All Ireland minor final.
The Under 17s are probably too young to make a massive impact but would atleast expect Darragh Canavan to have a reasonable role from that team.
Was his hand not forced? I believe our Co Chairman approached other parties about going for the job before Logan and team pulled the pin.

GJL

Quote from: southtyronegael on October 24, 2017, 11:39:03 PM
Redhandefender, what if some of the squad were of another religion? Ie protestant, muslim? Would that mean they are not included in the group pray in?

its seems for some on here any dissenting voices in tyrone are either fermanagh men, havent kicked a ball, havent a clue blah blah blah.

I'd say you fit all 3...
surprise surprise, an errigal ciaran man. have you come on to defend mickey too?

Do Fermanagh schools not teach you about capital letters?

redhandefender

Begging buckets? Do you understand how running a football team works? Your own club were out with plenty of "begging buckets" during the championship which I happily donated to. Other counties have been hitting America for years, plenty of money floating about out there

redhandefender

Quote from: GJL on October 25, 2017, 07:39:51 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on October 24, 2017, 11:39:03 PM

I'd say you fit all 3...

Do Fermanagh schools not teach you about capital letters?

I think you can add "never made it through P5" to that list of his credentials above!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: redhandefender on October 25, 2017, 10:07:56 AM

Begging buckets? Do you understand how running a football team works? Your own club were out with plenty of "begging buckets" during the championship which I happily donated to. Other counties have been hitting America for years, plenty of money floating about out there

Difference is carrickmore were raising funds for the club not to pay management and backroom staff!
What donation will they give the Tyrone club in New York who have struggled due to lack of funds the last few years??

redhandefender

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 25, 2017, 10:29:39 AM

Difference is carrickmore were raising funds for the club not to pay management and backroom staff!
What donation will they give the Tyrone club in New York who have struggled due to lack of funds the last few years??

Lol Carrickmore have never paid management or backroom staff? wise up. The only difference is they are raising funds for the county and not some club you are involved with.

I was under the impression they had members of Tyrone NYC on side and helping them out but maybe you know different.

Rois

Quote from: redhandefender on October 25, 2017, 10:34:09 AM

I was under the impression they had members of Tyrone NYC on side and helping them out but maybe you know different.
Don't even bother arguing. 

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: redhandefender on October 25, 2017, 10:34:09 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 25, 2017, 10:29:39 AM

Lol Carrickmore have never paid management or backroom staff? wise up. The only difference is they are raising funds for the county and not some club you are involved with.

I'm sure there is one or two members of the club going to donate, they are entitled to if they think it will benefit them in the future.  Still I wait to see the donation to the club here and fair play if they do!

Carmen Stateside

Oh and they golf on Friday they are holding. Not to many club members here  will afford the $5000 four ball in fairness