American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

thejuice

Eagles on the winning drive?? I dont think they'll do it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DrinknHarp

think the Eagles will pull it off here after the punt.

Hate Jerry Jones and want to see him with that sour puss face after a loss.

DrinknHarp

Westbrooks neck has to be 3 inches longer  with every Dallas player grabbing his facemask.......ouch.

Carmen Stateside

Stupid penalty!
Come on Mc Nabb

Carmen Stateside

Great Defence! Feckers
Hail Mary Time!

Carmen Stateside

DrinknHarp

HORRIBLE play call.

Great game all the same.

thejuice

the defense just didnt fall for it, poor decision.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

The nicest feeling in the world - is to not be sweating a game in the second half.

Puck put the house on the over yesterday - bet was in at half time. Makes up for that donkey parlay that let me down at the weekend.

The Eagles moved the ball well, but were handed a couple of relatively easy TDs. Romo's fumble was not a smart move - but what about deshaun Jackson - what an ass. Can you imagine what would be said in the locker room after that?

thejuice

Dolphins 38
Patriots 13

hows about that. Giants got it done against the Bengals in OT, as did the Bucs Vs Bears. Brian Westbrook out with a bad ankle

thejuice

Detroit fans rejoice!!

Matt Millen got the sack. In what must have been the daftest appointment in the history of sport back in 2001 to make a man who has no-experience of the job or business side of the NFL the GM of the Detroit Lions, he took them from a middling team to being one of the worst in NFL history.

In spite of the NFL's structure which helps weaker teams get the best players, the Lions flew in the face of that picking WR after WR believing that it was only a matter of time before QB Joey Harrington would start getting the results like his golf playing cousin Padraig.

But the truly remarkable thing about Millens reign is how long it lasted despite the terrible results.

Lions under Matt MIllen

Draft picks under Matt Millen (2001-07)
Total selections: 53
Still with team: 18
Out of NFL: 30
Pro Bowl players: 2

Win-Loss Ratio: 31-84

The Iceman

cowboys look like a cert this year
can't see the jets going anywhere - though hope Favre sticks around for another season
not sure if the giants are just warming up - Plaxico hasn't been on form yet and after their performance against the bengals I can't see them threatening
Eagles looked good but with westbrook out where do they go?

after the football is over at home the football here definitely makes the winter a little more bearable
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DrinknHarp

USC getting their butts kicked by OREGON STATE ??? ???

14-0  almost end of 1st half

Puckoon

21 zip at half time! USC getting owned at the line!