Westmeath v Armagh - Cusack Park, Sat 9th June (7:00pm throw in)

Started by illdecide, June 04, 2018, 09:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 11, 2018, 11:34:32 AM

In fairness to him, Ethan had checked him from getting a return pass and gone to ground - it's likely he wasn't aware of the injury was frustrated.
Can't agree with you.  I was sitting in the stand and could see Ethan was writhing on the ground in obvious distress but he kept going.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

illdecide

I can tell you i was right beside it on that side of the pitch, i had no problem with the two of them tangling whilst standing but it was crystal clear that when ER was on the ground he was in severe pain as i could hear him and the Westmeath player continued to knock it into  him, TBH i can half understand the Westmeath player having just been body checked and the two of them tangling why he continued out of frustration (learn him some manners) but what really angered me was the Ref watched it and done feck all (the Ref had a decent game BTW),
Some Westmeath di*k of fan was shouting "get up da fu*k there is fu*k all wrong with you" in fairness he was a bit embarrassed after ER was stretchered off 
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

I was on the other side so didn't get a good view of what happened. Could tell Rafferty was in severe pain tho. WM no 8 did get a yellow

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 09, 2018, 12:35:12 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 08, 2018, 11:36:07 AM
Thanks illdecide, augers well when the hand wringing starts before the match. Heslin won't be playing, can't even train.

Who's Boidu Sayeh or what's his heritage? Good to see some new blood in the GAA

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/monrovia-to-moate-boidu-sayeh-s-extraordinary-journey-to-play-for-westmeath-1.3508433?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fsport%2Fgaelic-games%2Fgaelic-football%2Fmonrovia-to-moate-boidu-sayeh-s-extraordinary-journey-to-play-for-westmeath-1.3508433

Saturday went as expected, predicted a 10 point defeat and was one out. Patched up side was never realistically going to trouble Armagh. Only for the opportunistic goal in the first half the game would have been over at half time. We put on a bit of a spurt in the second half, led by Ger Egan, and got to within 4 points of Armagh but in fairness to them they showed good game management to slow the game down and nick a point the other end. They got a goal courtesy of a post next and that was surely that. Least the day ended with the good news that Kelly won't be there next year and that we'll be spared a drawn out Bealin saga, never a good sign when the manager resigns on the full time whistle. Hopefully we won't have to worry about a manager not showing up for training the week of championship next year. Time to jump on the hurlers bandwagon now.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

smelmoth

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on June 08, 2018, 10:28:18 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on June 08, 2018, 08:46:56 PM
Chill. contend what you like. Your evidence seems to be your own inability to think of an alternative. Imaginative style but somewhat less that convincing.

Re-read the thread. The first poster to link the "drivel" to "humour" is me. Surely you noticed that?

I point out some nonsense on another forum. I'm still not sure why you have a problem with that?

Please try and keep up. Please.

You did indeed link the drivel, or as you also called it 'shite', to the humour. I have been trying to emphasise that it is nothing to get worked up about. Why say that to you? Well, because you said,

Quote from: smelmoth on June 06, 2018, 10:50:49 PM
Reading on the Armagh forum in recent days I notice 2 worrying themes.

That has been my underlying point - it is HUMOUR - it is not to be taken too seriously!! It is not in the least bit worrying.

Take the time to reflect on it, and hopefully in doing so you will see the irony of asking someone to chill, whilst you yourself get worked up on something so innocent.

By all means have the last word on the matter - I sense from your vaguely familiar debating technique that you will not go quietly.

I'm concerned that we nearly always seem to find the need to establish some edge where none exists and more frequently to find some fault with the referee as soon as they are announced. I don't see what is wrong with being concerned or indeed pointing it out?

I'll move on

smelmoth

Quote from: mackers on June 11, 2018, 10:22:03 AM
Better from Armagh although as others have said Westmeath were poor.  Westmeath didn't play defensively in the first half and gave us room to play some nice football.  Rafferty, Grugan and Murnin all moved well and some of the football was really good. We went to sleep for 4 or 5 minutes just before half time and Westmeath took advantage and scored three points on the bounce and got themselves back into the game.
I thought Westmeath sat back at the start of the second half and we had difficulty in breaking them down.  Our two very lucky goals broke them and it was game over.  Minnie McShane had a great cameo with his pace creating havoc in the Westmeath defence.  The reception that Jemar Hall received on his substitution was great.  He played well and was rewarded for his perseverance over the last few years.
Very disappointing for Ethan Rafferty as it looks like the end of his year.  The Westmeath player was lucky to just see yellow for what he did to a clearly injured player right in front of the referee who, in general, was excellent on the evening.
I hope the behaviour of the Armagh support on Saturday evening met with the approval of the Westmeath county board  ;)

you can only beat what is in front it you and by and large we did that well. The injury is a big blow. I don't think Ethan is at his best at FF but we don't have great options in there