Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 06, 2018, 09:54:52 AM
Quote from: Taylor on March 06, 2018, 09:36:39 AM
Pogba is trying to prove he is a £90m player. Wont do the simple things.

Liverpool could put 3 or 4 goals past this Utd team if they are on form. That defence is terrible

Not a hope. Man United's set up will frustrate Liverpool, and when United attack, they have players who can hurt you. If Liverpool got a draw at OT, I'd be delighted.
a draw isnt the worst result for either side, so id say a draw it will be
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Dinny Breen

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 06, 2018, 08:56:05 AM
Sanchez works his tail off though and always demands possession. I love his urgency and workrate. The goals and assists will come but his end product has been a little disappointing. As I said though, even when he has no end product he works so hard for the team. Part of the reason Palace were juiced last night was because he gave them a lot to deal with all night.

Sanchez is burnt out hasn't had a proper rest and preseason since 2013, too much summer football World Cup, 2 Copa America and a Confederations Cup. With Chile not making the World Cup Man United should get the best out of him next season.
#newbridgeornowhere

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 06, 2018, 10:07:34 AM

Liverpool could put 3 or 4 goals past this Utd team if they are on form. That defence is terrible

Not a hope. Man United's set up will frustrate Liverpool, and when United attack, they have players who can hurt you. If Liverpool got a draw at OT, I'd be delighted.
a draw isnt the worst result for either side, so id say a draw it will be

Agreed. Think both teams would settle for a draw.

Milltown Row2

That may be the case but if i was one of the forwards facing Smalling and Lindelof I'd fancy scoring a goal!

Lingard went missing and McTominay couldnt get into the game.. 12.30 Start on Saturday, I'll miss the game as I'll be cheering my daughter on at the Irish schools Cross country runs in Waterford this weekend! No doubt I'll catch all the craic on here  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

United have no cohesion whatsoever and so many players are off form.  Shaw got a good run of games but hasn't had a look in for a month, teams are definitely targeting Ashley Young as a weak link. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 06, 2018, 11:08:04 AM
United have no cohesion whatsoever and so many players are off form.  Shaw got a good run of games but hasn't had a look in for a month, teams are definitely targeting Ashley Young as a weak link.

Actually for a converted wing back Young is not the worst, maybe when teams hit that long diagonal but not too often is he caught out. On the other side though Valencia is being caught out more than he ever has been in the last few games. I dont know if it is because of a lack of confidence in the centre halfs or what but continually he is out of position and being played in behind causing problems for the defence.

I think if the two centre back were more confident and less shaky as that the moment the two full backs would be in better shape. Strange though that Shaw got back in and looked like he was on the way back to his previous form but Young comes straight back in JM must be a big fan.

Maroon Manc

Young & Valencia started the season well but have regressed as the season has gone on. Valencia looks to have lost some of his pace, in fairness neither are fullbacks; Once Lingard went to right back it made a difference, we need 2 new fullbacks. I haven't seen enough of Fosuh-Mensah this season so I don't know if he's the answer and I don't see how Shaw is the answer at left back when he's still not first choice.

Its clear we don't look like a proper team but we're still in 2nd place. We've certainly got greater scope for improvement than Spurs & Liverpool but we'll have to wait until next season to see what happens.

We needed a result like that, should give them plenty of belief going forward.

Syferus

If Valencia can't be considered a fullback at this stage I don't know what to say. Just because you used to play one position doesn't mean you're not X when you play a different one for years. I see the same craic in Gaelic. Pidgeon-holing players. It's pointless.

AZOffaly

Was it just those jerseys last night, or were a couple of United players carrying timber? Luke Shaw, Antonio Valencia and even Sanchez looked like they were a bit over fighting weight. Might have just been those jerseys.

GJL

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 06, 2018, 01:25:27 PM
Was it just those jerseys last night, or were a couple of United players carrying timber? Luke Shaw, Antonio Valencia and even Sanchez looked like they were a bit over fighting weight. Might have just been those jerseys.

I definitely thought that about Shaw when he came on. Looks over weight.

NAG1

Quote from: GJL on March 06, 2018, 01:27:43 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 06, 2018, 01:25:27 PM

I definitely thought that about Shaw when he came on. Looks over weight.

This has been an issue for Shaw in the past, LVG called him out on it as far as I remember. The others no.

Milltown Row2

I thought at halftime they were going to change the tops!  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2018, 09:13:54 AM
only for some serious saves from De gea they would have been sunk.
Crystal Palace scored twice from four shots on target last night, the only decent save DeGea had to make was from a Benteke header on 77 minutes when the game was 2-2.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 06, 2018, 01:31:49 PM
Crystal Palace scored twice from four shots on target last night, the only decent save DeGea had to make was from a Benteke header on 77 minutes when the game was 2-2.

I thought there was a decent save in the first half from a shot by Sorloth (not sure spelling) as for the one in the 77th min, it wasnt decent, it was superb

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 06, 2018, 01:38:06 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 06, 2018, 01:31:49 PM

I thought there was a decent save in the first half from a shot by Sorloth (not sure spelling) as for the one in the 77th min, it wasnt decent, it was superb
As Gary Neville said a save you would expect a goalkeeper of the quality of David DeGea to make.