Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodger Mona

Bannside, any truth on Owen D stepping down in his role with PG1 under Dillon? Also any truth in Dillon having talks with Lavey and Newbridge behind scenes

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on November 24, 2019, 01:28:21 PM
St Brigids will be hot favourites to retain their county under 21 title after a polished display against a Dunloy team that were severly curtailed by the unavailability of Deaghlin Smyth and Kaolan Molloy. Greg Finnegans team have the benefit of having most of his winning panel from last year still available and the return of  his son Joseph from his travels adds extra physical presence to a strong squad.

I wasnt sure whether to go to Glenravel or Ahoghill and it sounds like I missed a cracker between Tir Na Nog and Creggan in the other semi. Randalstown won on penalties and have a punchers chance in the final now with a bit of momentum building nicely these last couple of years.

losing two players of that quality really hurt us. that being said St Brigids were very good and were fully deserved of their win. they were hitting points from all over the place at the end of the game.

that and not being able to train together much with the seniors in the Ulster championship. the joys of being a dual club i suppose.
hurl like f**k boi!

shawshank

DR, maybe you should take a leaf from Sneil on how to balance both codes. I read your posts before, I think? where you have suggested its literally hurling all the way until the hurlers are beat, then football. Some of that tackling work from the football would help improve your hurling tackling.

bannside

No truth in those rumours at all Rodger Mona.

Agree DR, you hung in well for a while but those two missing were a huge loss. Very impressed with Conor Kinsella. Maybe he should have been on James Smyth from the start.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: shawshank on November 25, 2019, 09:53:11 AM
DR, maybe you should take a leaf from Sneil on how to balance both codes. I read your posts before, I think? where you have suggested its literally hurling all the way until the hurlers are beat, then football. Some of that tackling work from the football would help improve your hurling tackling.

yeah its not worked this year at all, well in terms of the the football it hasnt. Im a strong supporter of both codes so its hard to watch one clearly being hampered to accommodate the other. the lads love playing hurling and football esp the likes of Deaglan, Keelan, Conor, Coby etc.

If anything after the Sneill match it convinced me more that we got it completely wrong in terms of how the two codes work together this year.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on November 25, 2019, 10:01:51 AM
No truth in those rumours at all Rodger Mona.

Agree DR, you hung in well for a while but those two missing were a huge loss. Very impressed with Conor Kinsella. Maybe he should have been on James Smyth from the start.

agree with you BS. i noticed that in the first half after the damage was done! lol to be fair the lad is a class act of a player and he caused us all sorts of problems.

against a team as good as Brigids you can ill afford to not have players like Deaglan and Keelan on the pitch but it was what it was and you can only play lads who are fit.
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Na Glinntí Glasa

hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Cranfield

Disappointing result for our lads yesterday. To lead most of the game and then lose out on penalties was sickening. But fair play to TNN they fought hard to stay in the game and took the better penalties to clinch it.

We missed 2 or 3 really good goal chances but for all our forward talent we just didn't seem to gel as a team. Our full-back line were excellent but at midfield we were completely over ran and when we looked home and hosed at 12-9 we kept playing the ball backwards and sideways into trouble instead of killing the game off.

The Biddies look like they will be hard to stop in the final

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cranfield on November 25, 2019, 02:45:53 PM
Disappointing result for our lads yesterday. To lead most of the game and then lose out on penalties was sickening. But fair play to TNN they fought hard to stay in the game and took the better penalties to clinch it.

We missed 2 or 3 really good goal chances but for all our forward talent we just didn't seem to gel as a team. Our full-back line were excellent but at midfield we were completely over ran and when we looked home and hosed at 12-9 we kept playing the ball backwards and sideways into trouble instead of killing the game off.

The Biddies look like they will be hard to stop in the final

Was horrible way to lose but as you said you'd most of the chances but failed to get away from Tir na og, they'll have some tired legs to get ready for the final!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rodger Mona

Cranfield you were hard done by, horrible way to lose. From a neutrals perspective great game. Creggan would have fancied themselves if they had of had a fit panel from start of the year with quinn and small imparticular suffering bad injuries. It was a good victory for whitehill, one they as a club needed with all the work they have been doing they deserve a final. Especially when Creggan have stolen so many of their players over the years im sure whitehill from a clubs perspective are quite happy to get 1 of on their old rivals.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Rodger Mona on November 26, 2019, 04:32:00 PM
Cranfield you were hard done by, horrible way to lose. From a neutrals perspective great game. Creggan would have fancied themselves if they had of had a fit panel from start of the year with quinn and small imparticular suffering bad injuries. It was a good victory for whitehill, one they as a club needed with all the work they have been doing they deserve a final. Especially when Creggan have stolen so many of their players over the years im sure whitehill from a clubs perspective are quite happy to get 1 of on their old rivals.

What players have they stole?

BigBallWeeBall

So Kickhams have been apparently robbing TNN over the years but are now paying a fairly hefty price because they have paid handsomely for senior football managers... Tens of thousands of hard earned members funds floating down the Bann. Swings and roundabouts me thinks, but both not good or desirable traits in a club.

bannside

Its good to see an emerging Randalstown, their investment in facilities and in youth starting to pay dividends. Got a good bunch of minors and obviously under 21s, should be the basis there of a squad that can kick on and get back to division one after a long spell in the middle divisions. Ronan Rocks has the reigns there next year, hes a good man for them, will get TNN playing with a bit of confidence.

Creggan members definitely seem to be saying enough is enough with regard to paying big bucks after going for big names over the years. Next year a big one for them too but they should have enough quality to be back in the mix with the panel they have. Problem now is theres half a dozen clubs saying the same thing. Which keeps it all much more interesting!