Ulster Senior Football Club Championship 2010

Started by drici, January 14, 2010, 11:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 28, 2010, 04:40:27 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 28, 2010, 04:20:48 PM
Wrong.
Beg your pardon Errigal won 2, Cross on their own have 7,

You've just lost your own argument.  If you had said how many Tyrone clubs have won Ulster championships then you would be right.

isourboydownyet

will be making my way to cross on sunday and i think cross by a point or 2.not many teams go there and come away with a win and for some one to say cross are f**ked if they have to bring back j mac,well they obviously dont know much about john mac or football in general, you can be sure since his retirement he would not have been sitting on his sofa eating fish suppers and watching reruns of only fools and horses!
the standard that he set as a player means he wouldnt come back if he thought he wasnt up to it so if he does make a return then i would be confident he will more than do himself and more importantly cross justice.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 28, 2010, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2010, 12:07:41 PM
After reading that I know where my money is going.............

Why, were you even considering putting money on Cross?

Quote from: lolafrola on October 28, 2010, 12:20:43 PM
BC1 wrote that

I would do a better one than that, that's far too complimentary of Cross!!!!

Quote from: hardstation on October 28, 2010, 10:48:18 AM
If they have to bring back the like of McEntee, they're more fcuked than I thought.
Galls will walk this.

You would think so, wouldn't you.

I jest BC1, my money is going on the club. I might even go for us -1

Boys are training hard and injuries are clearing up, as you'd expect, so it will be down to who wants it the most
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2010, 07:46:30 PM

Boys are training hard and injuries are clearing up, as you'd expect, so it will be down to who wants it the most

Yes to a point but with it going to be wet and very windy by weather forecasts a lot will depend on who adjusts to the weather the quickest.  Still think there will be 2 points in it with the winning team getting 12 scores.

The Worker

Lone Shark

No team could ever be "bet of the year" in a tight game between two proven clubs and with the draw such a strong possibility. Enjoy the game but don't go nuts punting this one.

The Worker

Quote from: Lone Shark on October 28, 2010, 08:10:11 PM
No team could ever be "bet of the year" in a tight game between two proven clubs and with the draw such a strong possibility. Enjoy the game but don't go nuts punting this one.

When was the last time cross werent favourites for a game they played??

Lone Shark

Quote from: The Worker on October 28, 2010, 08:13:41 PM

Honest answer, I'd say the 2007 Ulster final against Galls was close in the betting, but the last time they were definitely underdogs was probably the 2000 All Ireland against Na Fianna.

This is different though in the sense that Cross have never played reigning All Ireland champions before.

I'm not sure what the point is anyway - that if they're odds against, they have to be punted?

Zapatista

Coalisland are up in arms at the game being played in Omagh. They think it's the work of a disgruntled County Board. Clonoe played their 08 game against St Eunans in Coalisland in and the ground has been improved since. I don't see why Coalisland shouldn't get their game in it this year.

longrunsthefox

Aye seems to be bad feeling between them and county board because they haven't signed up to Gervaghey project and they were given no club champiohsp games this year for not 'co-operating' on Gervaghey. 

nrico2006

Good to see McEntee coming back, not much seems to be made of the loss of Cross' stand out forward this year in Jamie Clarke, massive setback.  Still think they will come through with the result.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Lone Shark on October 29, 2010, 10:29:53 AM

Honest answer, I'd say the 2007 Ulster final against Galls was close in the betting, but the last time they were definitely underdogs was probably the 2000 All Ireland against Na Fianna.

This is different though in the sense that Cross have never played reigning All Ireland champions before.

I'm not sure what the point is anyway - that if they're odds against, they have to be punted?

They went into that 2000 final as All Ireland champions though so couldn't have been too long odds.

Remember that match well - the day 2 Cullyhanna men played on different sides in an All Ireland final.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Bogball XV

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 29, 2010, 11:46:13 AM

They went into that 2000 final as All Ireland champions though so couldn't have been too long odds.

Remember that match well - the day 2 Cullyhanna men played on different sides in an All Ireland final.
they were about fairly solid favs at about the 4/7 mark for ulster in 07 I mind right, I expected the upset that day tbh.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 29, 2010, 11:56:22 AM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 29, 2010, 11:46:13 AM

they were about fairly solid favs at about the 4/7 mark for ulster in 07 I mind right, I expected the upset that day tbh.

Technically 3 Cullyhanna men :P and 2 cousins against each other!

GAA Beo

A late change to TG4's GAA Beo schedule for this weekend.

The Crossmaglen v St. Gall's match will be televised live at 2:30pm (transmission starts at 2pm), and will be followed by the Tipperary hurling final.

Ar Aer 2:00
2:30 i.n. Raonaithe na Croise v Naomh Gall (Cluiche Ceathrú Ceannais Peile Uladh - Craobh Club AIB)
4:10 i.n. Na Sairséalaigh Dúrlas Éile v Cluain Abhla/An Ros Mór (Cluiche Ceannais Iomána Thiobraid Árann)