Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

BK that bit slicker in the forwards which made all the difference

redsetanta

No shocks at all over the weekend. The real championship only starts after the first round.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

merman

Hard to see anything but wins for Rathdowney/Errill and Borris/Kilcotton this evening. RE should have the forwards to really hurt Portlaoise while I'd expect BK to smother the CB forwards and should have too much.

RE by 11
BK by 6

Tomorrow, Camross are my strong favourites for the championship and can't see Abbeyleix living with their physicality. Ballinakill-Castletown could well be the closest game of the weekend, if Castletown can stop Cha then they might just get over the line.

Camross by 9
Castletown by 1

The Harps and Mountrath have won their respective Senior A qualifier games and confined Shanahoe Gaels and Borris/Kilcotton to the relegation final. The Gaels should have enough to stay up.

I'll take Colt Gaels to beat Clonaslee in what could be a really good game. I also think Ballyfin Gaels might just have too much up front for Rosenallis. Expecting 2 good games here actually.

Colt Gaels by 3
Ballyfin Gaels by 2

Keyser Söze

Two 21 point hammerings.....jaysus!
Those 2 and Camross are the only realistic contenders.
That is two 21 point beatings in less than a month for Clough Ballacolla. Change of management is surely a possibility at this stage.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

What a win for Abbeyleix, fair f**ks to them as a club, they're a testament as to how it should be grown from underage up.

Keyser Söze

Great wins for Abbeyleix and Borris Kilcotton.
A county final appearace is not a stretch now for Abbeyleix.

I can't find confirmation anywhere but I presume that it's C/Ballacolla v R/Errill and Camross v Ballinakill Gaels?

Relegation is hard to call- Castletown have put in two decent performances, but when is the last time they won a senior game? There seems to be a real lack of belief there.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 07, 2017, 01:14:49 PM
Great wins for Abbeyleix and Borris Kilcotton.
A county final appearace is not a stretch now for Abbeyleix.

I can't find confirmation anywhere but I presume that it's C/Ballacolla v R/Errill and Camross v Ballinakill Gaels?

Relegation is hard to call- Castletown have put in two decent performances, but when is the last time they won a senior game? There seems to be a real lack of belief there.

According to Laois today it is R/E vs Ballinakill and Camross vs C/B.

redsetanta

So Abbeyleix and Borris/Kilcotton into the semi finals with the winners of the games between Ballinakill, Clogh/Ballacolla, Camross and Rathdowney.

Will the semi finals be open draw or does it depend on who wins the quarters? Could St Lazarians be drawn against Camross again for example?

Looking at Abbeyleix thre must be a couple more lads that could come in to the senior set up. Reilly should definately get involved as we are light enough with scorers with injuries etc.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

finbar o tool

As far as i know its R/E v C/B and Ballinakill v Camross and its an open draw for the semi finals.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Keyser Söze

Quote from: finbar o tool on August 08, 2017, 09:10:40 PM
As far as i know its R/E v C/B and Ballinakill v Camross and its an open draw for the semi finals.

Surely Borris/Kilcotton & Abbeyleix will be kept apart?
You must be a happy man at how ye are shaping up?

blueandwhite1

Quote from: redsetanta on August 08, 2017, 10:37:23 AM
Looking at Abbeyleix thre must be a couple more lads that could come in to the senior set up. Reilly should definately get involved as we are light enough with scorers with injuries etc.

Do you mean the Laois set up? Would be surprised in Eoin Reilly isn't asked back in as an outfield player.

What we desperately need though is a few backs. Anyone any opinion on what backs might be able to step up next year? Lots of noise about the quality of Abbeyleix and Borris Kilcotton backs so far in the championship but are any of them good enough for inter county?

redsetanta

We haven't an abundance of forwards either. The 2 Lee's made a huge difference this year in the backs but with Keenan not committing, Picky injured, PJ Scully also suffering we don't have enough. I know there were a lot of injuries and Kings sending off but we were short forwards against Dublin. Cha, Willie Dunphy out.
Someone with the goal sense that Tommy Fitz had would be great.
I agree though that if we could get a couple more backs of decent quality into the panel it would be of huge benefit as injuries there would also leave us in bother. I suppose a strengthening of the panel all round with decent quality, committed players. It will be good to see if we could have a better cut off the likes of Limerick next year in the league.

TheGiantSquid

Who does everyone want to get relegated? Portlaoise or Castletown it is a win win for the neutrals and there will certainly be no love lost on the banks or between the white lines .

Keyser Söze

Two fair contests in Portlaoise!

Love watching Ballinakill- make great use of what they have, but it's hard to see a final coming. Jackman was so influential again from open play.

The other game was a shock for me.Ballacolla were really up for it & got it very right tactically. Dunphy I thought was brilliant. There could be life in them yet!
The winner looks like coming from Borris Kilcotton & Camross!

No surpise in the results from Mountrath earlier. I'd imagine the performance v The Harps will cement Shanahoe Gaels for a second term & a second year at Senior should be of benefit to a young Castletown team.

merman

I'd completely wrote off Clough/Ballacolla; didn't see that coming. Huge performances from Aidan Corby and Willie Hyland. I think Ronan Broderick is worth a look with Laois too.
Hard on RE to lose Mark Kavanagh, Liam O'Connell and especially Joe Fitz. Lack a little depth in their forward line and with Purcell and King relatively subdued, it left them a little short.
Referee was very hard on CB too I must add.

Camross worthy winners in the first game after weathering a decent Ballinakill revival after half-time. They'll fancy their chances against Borris/Kilcotton and will revel going in as underdogs.

Wasn't in Mountrath but sounds comprehensive. Castletown will be a threat next year.

Borris/Kilcotton standout favourites as things stand.