?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Kilkevan

Quote from: stew on July 09, 2017, 01:28:28 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 09, 2017, 12:08:50 AM
A few points.Rovers first eleven was resting less than 48 hours after winning a Europa League qualifier.

Celtic played their full strength team ahead of their first competitive game of the season this Friday.

I never said the League of Ireland had teams that could compete with Celtic over the season. I did say the League of Ireland has teams that compare favourably with the other dross teams in the SPFL,and this was further proven in the last week when Rangers and St Johnstone were unceremoniously knocked out of the Europa League while Shamrock Rovers and Cork City progressed. Yet many think a manager on £45k a week should be hoisted towards immortality because he managed to avoid defeat by dross SPFL teams for a whole season😥😥

Tony why dont you quit while you are behind. (

There is no League of Ireland team of size or stature similar to Celtic and no LoI side who have a squad in any way similar to Celtic's. He does have a point about the other teams though. Scottish football, apart from Celtic, is awful and I reckon at least 8 or 9 of the other 11 teams would have serious problems competing at conference level in England. A half decent team at that level, Tranmere say, would in all likelihood take apart a team like St. Johnstone and I don't see a great deal of difference between Tranmere and Cork or Dundalk. Celtic's achievement last year of going the entire football calendar unbeaten in domestic matches was serious going though and Rodgers did an excellent job of keeping the players motivated and focussed. Would Celtic romp away with the LoI title, certainly, but I doubt anyone other than Aberdeen from the rest would mount a serious title challenge. Rangers finished third and they're complete pish.

Main Street

Quote from: Hectic on July 14, 2017, 10:49:47 AM
Well any of you guys heading to the game this evening?

I had thought about it but have decided against and will settle for the armchair view.

Just too much potential for knuckle draggers to be there to specifically hunt out any Celtic fan in attendance.

There's a fan zone sponsored by Belfast City Council

http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=http://www.irishnews.com/news/2017/07/14/news/belfast-council-set-to-fund-celtic-fanzone-during-linfield-game-1083826/

Hectic

I see Celtic fans are now being asked to enter the ground via the Boucher road and will be directed into the KOP stand so will be able to openly support the team.  Will give the home fans someone to openly hate now apart from the 11 players on the park.

an léirmheastóir

Heading to Belfast now shortly should be a good evenings craic if nothing else . A 5 0 Celtic win will do me. Scotty to run riot

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Hectic on July 14, 2017, 12:28:02 PM
I see Celtic fans are now being asked to enter the ground via the Boucher road and will be directed into the KOP stand so will be able to openly support the team.  Will give the home fans someone to openly hate now apart from the 11 players on the park.

Celtic fans have tickets? How??

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 14, 2017, 02:51:05 PM

Bought them through the Linfield website I think. I'm hearing that the allocation Celtic didn't take were then sold on by Linfield themselves.

MoChara

I think ticketmaster were sellign the tickets as well and you didn't have to specify which group of fans you belonged to.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on July 14, 2017, 02:52:52 PM

Bought them through the Linfield website I think. I'm hearing that the allocation Celtic didn't take were then sold on by Linfield themselves.

Jesus will they not get lynched!!

oisinog

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 14, 2017, 03:17:08 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 14, 2017, 02:52:52 PM

Jesus will they not get lynched!!

Hopefully not

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

JPGJOHNNYG

Just home from work and cant believe the attendance embarrassing stuff

Targetman

Griffiths booked for getting a bottle of buckie chucked at him, like wtf!!

Dougal Maguire

I understood it was a sell out. Can understand now why they were so pissed of the Celtic didn't take up their ticket allocation
Careful now

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: hardstation on July 14, 2017, 06:35:26 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 14, 2017, 06:23:38 PM
Just home from work and cant believe the attendance embarrassing stuff
??
It's what they've been expecting all week.

Champions league playing the bogeymen around the glorious 12th on a friday evening and the place is empty - im surprised