Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

The leader of the Dup in Westminster is happy as he will bring a bit of fun back to government.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

armaghniac

Stephen Hawking was not as smart as Boris thinks he is.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

Its gonna look like me gathering up a rake of fellas that (like myself) have never held a hurl in anger and can no longer run the length of ourselves.... and going out against Tipp.

Johnson is so far out of his depth its beyond hilarious.
i usse an speelchekor

imtommygunn

He is going to screw someone over. Either he screws the dup or there's a hard border. I could see him putting up the hard border though hope I am wrong.

under the bar

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 23, 2019, 09:14:28 PM
He is going to screw someone over. Either he screws the dup or there's a hard border. I could see him putting up the hard border though hope I am wrong.

He is a self-serving ****. He is in bed with 2 others self-serving c***ts Foster and Dodds.  All 3 will fall.

imtommygunn

Hasn't failed yet :(

Here is hoping.

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on July 23, 2019, 03:26:08 PM
I wonder how long it will take Johnson to break his pre election promises, I think his reign will be a short one and the DUP should be very wary, I think that Johnson will sell them out in a heartbeat.

He'd sell his granny in a heartbeat. The perfect example of a power-hungry nutbar who would do anything to climb that greasy pole.

imtommygunn

Doesn't bode well for the Iran situation and not sure it bodes well for border here.

bennydorano

The border infrastructure Will be more important for the ROI / EU in a no deal situation, the UK won't have to protect the integrity of the EU Single market as they will be outside of it. Unless ROI sends their undesirables across the border a la Castro in Scarface the UK will definitely have a more relaxed attitude to the border than the ROI/EU.

balladmaker

I reckon he won't make it to Christmas as PM ... won't deliver BREXIT by Oct 31st, General Election will follow and he'll be gone, with hopefully the Tory party with him. 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: balladmaker on July 23, 2019, 11:05:04 PM
I reckon he won't make it to Christmas as PM ... won't deliver BREXIT by Oct 31st, General Election will follow and he'll be gone, with hopefully the Tory party with him.

Be careful what you wish for. Yes the Tories are an odious shower at the worst of times. However given the huge vacuum in British politics it may be a case of the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Especially with Farage's Brexit Party waiting in the wings.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 24, 2019, 09:00:19 AM

Be careful what you wish for. Yes the Tories are an odious shower at the worst of times. However given the huge vacuum in British politics it may be a case of the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. Especially with Farage's Brexit Party waiting in the wings.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

The fiscal conservatives would never back the Brexit Party. The f**kwit conservatives will. Split vote. In first past the post that means more Labour/Lib Dem/Green/ANOther seats.
i usse an speelchekor

Franko

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 24, 2019, 09:02:43 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 24, 2019, 09:00:19 AM

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

The fiscal conservatives would never back the Brexit Party. The f**kwit conservatives will. Split vote. In first past the post that means more Labour/Lib Dem/Green/ANOther seats.

Could be way off here but this is how I see it playing out;

BoJo and Farage do a bit of dealing behind the scenes
October 31st exit is delayed to allow BoJo to call a GE which is billed as a de facto 2nd referendum
This allows Boris to say that he has listened to the views of the country
The Brexit Party and the Tories agree a pact and together collect 55-60% of the seats
The commons becomes pro-Brexit, with a 'mandate' to deliver Brexit by whatever means necessary
A hard line Brexit 'deal' (which is a couple of steps away from no deal) is pushed through the commons by the pro-Brexit majority
The country is fucked
Jacob Rees Mogg walks into the Sunseeker HQ in Dorset and slaps on a down payment on the biggest yoke they have

dec

Quote from: bennydorano on July 23, 2019, 10:58:34 PM
The border infrastructure Will be more important for the ROI / EU in a no deal situation, the UK won't have to protect the integrity of the EU Single market as they will be outside of it. Unless ROI sends their undesirables across the border a la Castro in Scarface the UK will definitely have a more relaxed attitude to the border than the ROI/EU.

If the slowdowns occur when you are traveling south on the A1/M1 rather than north it will be easy for the UK to say that the hard border is all the EU's fault.

BennyCake

It baffles me that after years of Thatcher, and all that entailed, the Brits resort to voting back in the Tories, and these shower of parasites.