Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on November 11, 2020, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2020, 09:42:56 PM
Guess what we do know is that harte is not going to do the right thing and just step down, not that I ever thought he would. Things look like getting very messy and there will be no winners at the end unfortunately.

The right thing? He is of the belief that he still is the right man for the job. What is it that makes you certain it's the right thing? Mickey may have ran his race for Tyrone and history will reflect favourably on him. But for you to constantly spout negativity towards him, yet happily jump on the band wagon when momentum built, is nothing short of pathetic.

For any rational sensible poster, when you reflect on our record since 08, I don't honestly think you can say with any real honesty that we have been underachievers. Is there any genuine year when you thought that one got away? Mickey instilled a culture of winning and not accepting anything else. That is ultimately what is causing some of the negative rhetoric towards him.

2014 aside, I genuinely don't think we have exited the championship at the hands of a vastly inferior team. People regularly throw the line of we haven't beat Mayo, Kerry or Dublin etc. But could it be that we just were a level below those sides?

We don't have to search too far back in Tyrone history to see just how lucky we are to be constantly dining at the top table. Days like Derry in 97 and Sligo 02 etc just don't happen now. We are very fortunate to have had so many wonderful days following Tyrone, and maybe it might take for a spell away from that top table to realise what we had.

Mickey's journey might be up and if that's the case so be it. But some of the (and often times personal) negativity on here isn't warranted. Mickey Harte and Tyrone have given us some of the best days in our lives. Days that we never thought  would come. I for one am thankful to him.
I meant doing the right thing for his county, not himself.

BennyHarp

Those dancing on Mickey's grave may be a little premature. It appears that the county board are inviting nominations for the post on a 3 year basis. I would suggest that nobody in the county will stand against Mickey and he'll be ratified for 3 more years. If they wanted rid of him they could have ratified an extra year with a view to replacing him then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/54910962fbclid=IwAR0gWAeBBg8h2souxidVDR6sLFnCeW4supcN9sp-vq6V3Ntx8S2IdJLebA8
That was never a square ball!!

The Trap

What a mess......doing all of this in public. It is time for a change but in a far more dignified way than this.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2020, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on November 11, 2020, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2020, 09:42:56 PM
Guess what we do know is that harte is not going to do the right thing and just step down, not that I ever thought he would. Things look like getting very messy and there will be no winners at the end unfortunately.

The right thing? He is of the belief that he still is the right man for the job. What is it that makes you certain it's the right thing? Mickey may have ran his race for Tyrone and history will reflect favourably on him. But for you to constantly spout negativity towards him, yet happily jump on the band wagon when momentum built, is nothing short of pathetic.

For any rational sensible poster, when you reflect on our record since 08, I don't honestly think you can say with any real honesty that we have been underachievers. Is there any genuine year when you thought that one got away? Mickey instilled a culture of winning and not accepting anything else. That is ultimately what is causing some of the negative rhetoric towards him.

2014 aside, I genuinely don't think we have exited the championship at the hands of a vastly inferior team. People regularly throw the line of we haven't beat Mayo, Kerry or Dublin etc. But could it be that we just were a level below those sides?

We don't have to search too far back in Tyrone history to see just how lucky we are to be constantly dining at the top table. Days like Derry in 97 and Sligo 02 etc just don't happen now. We are very fortunate to have had so many wonderful days following Tyrone, and maybe it might take for a spell away from that top table to realise what we had.

Mickey's journey might be up and if that's the case so be it. But some of the (and often times personal) negativity on here isn't warranted. Mickey Harte and Tyrone have given us some of the best days in our lives. Days that we never thought  would come. I for one am thankful to him.
I meant doing the right thing for his county, not himself.
But that is the point. You have been certain for a long time it is the right thing for the county and have voiced it in many vile and spiteful ways.

How do we know it is the right thing for the county. Do we forget the 100+ years previous? Whatever happens, Mickey's tenure has been a hugely positive one.

square_ball

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 11, 2020, 11:00:02 PM
Those dancing on Mickey's grave may be a little premature. It appears that the county board are inviting nominations for the post on a 3 year basis. I would suggest that nobody in the county will stand against Mickey and he'll be ratified for 3 more years. If they wanted rid of him they could have ratified an extra year with a view to replacing him then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/54910962fbclid=IwAR0gWAeBBg8h2souxidVDR6sLFnCeW4supcN9sp-vq6V3Ntx8S2IdJLebA8

That's the way I read the situation as well. I can't see anyone that will run against him and even if there is there is no guarantee they get the job. I would be fairly certain Harte will get a further 3 years. Surely if that's the case the county board have to have some kind of succession plan in place.

TwoUpTwoDown

If he gets more time, a succession plan simply must be in place. I think there is a steep cliff edge waiting on the other side if not. I don't understand the logic of pushing a 3 year term for any candidate. For Mickey it would be too long and a new candidate might be a complete write off after a season or two.

Snapchap

Quote from: square_ball on November 11, 2020, 11:29:00 PM

That's the way I read the situation as well. I can't see anyone that will run against him and even if there is there is no guarantee they get the job. I would be fairly certain Harte will get a further 3 years. Surely if that's the case the county board have to have some kind of succession plan in place.

Or it could be the case that he might regard being asked to re-apply for his current role an insult and might walk away?

screenexile

Quote from: Snapchap on November 11, 2020, 11:33:20 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 11, 2020, 11:29:00 PM

Or it could be the case that he might regard being asked to re-apply for his current role an insult and might walk away?

Did they not do this dance a few years ago and the latest stint was meant to be his last? Surely they had a succession plan in place for now and this is the beginning of it??

Normally whoever's involved is lined up from a while back I find it hard to believe a CB like Tyrone are just 'inviting' nominations for the position out of the blue.

Having said that I thought O'Rourke would have been next but obviously he's not available now!!

Angelo

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Think you have the nail on the head here. I can't see anyone running against Harte, let alone running against him and being a Tyrone man with any kind of realistic chance.

I was told the backroom staff has changed already in preparation for next season and the team themselves resume training at the end of the month on their own.

Angelo

Hope they get this sorted one way or another ASAP.

When will the deadline for nominations likely be?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

southtyronegael

Could anyone seriously, even those who back harte, be excited about him getting another 3 years?

clarshack

think it would be quite depressing for MH to be there for another 3 years.

Taylor

Whatever about the outcome - this should not be out in the public domain.

Whoever is leaking it needs roaded

Snapchap

Quote from: Taylor on November 12, 2020, 09:49:58 AM
Whatever about the outcome - this should not be out in the public domain.

Whoever is leaking it needs roaded

Leo Varadkar, no doubt.