Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 15, 2020, 09:07:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 15, 2020, 08:45:19 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 15, 2020, 08:34:59 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Which trio has scored more goals this season: Salah, Mané and Firmino or Rashford, Martial and Greenwood?
How cute.
I reckon Mane,Bobby and the Egyptian King sleep soundly enough knowing the team they play for are 27 points ahead of the team the other trio play for.....

Always one dick that bites, who funny enough is never on this thread  ;D

Says the Man u fan fan that says he isnt 😃😃😉

He's brave and ugly enough to fight his own battles  :-*

On the game, Wolves are a very hard working team with plenty talent, there's a lot to like about their whole set up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 15, 2020, 09:23:23 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 15, 2020, 05:06:33 PM
Which trio has scored more goals this season: Salah, Mané and Firmino or Rashford, Martial and Greenwood?

And if you had a choice of either trio which one would it be?

Bit misleading when a lot of them are in the europa league, Astana and AZ Alkamar, even JLingz could score against them

Well researched answer......

trailer

How cute.
I reckon Mane,Bobby and the Egyptian King sleep soundly enough knowing the team they play for are 27 points ahead of the team the other trio play for.....

the Egyptian king. No harm but that's f**king cringe.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2020, 02:00:17 PM
How cute.

the Egyptian king. No harm but that's f**king cringe.

Probably should be Pharaoh too if we are being accurate.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on January 15, 2020, 10:01:05 PM

Bit misleading when a lot of them are in the europa league, Astana and AZ Alkamar, even JLingz could score against them

7 of the 39 scored by the United guys were in the Europa. If we just look at league goals it's 26 (Rash/Mart/Green) v 28 (Liverpool guys).

This wasn't meant in any way as a slight against those 3 fantastic Liverpool players (some people need to grow up). They're kind of the benchmark along withe Merely to highlight that despite playing in a team that's not scoring a lot of goals and having many ups and downs, United's top 3 strikers are doing ok.

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 16, 2020, 04:20:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 15, 2020, 10:01:05 PM

7 of the 39 scored by the United guys were in the Europa. If we just look at league goals it's 26 (Rash/Mart/Green) v 28 (Liverpool guys).

This wasn't meant in any way as a slight against those 3 fantastic Liverpool players (some people need to grow up). They're kind of the benchmark along withe Merely to highlight that despite playing in a team that's not scoring a lot of goals and having many ups and downs, United's top 3 strikers are doing ok.

I think most people would agree United's strikers are not the problem and those stats back it up. From the relatively limited amount of games I have watched United play this season they struggle against the teams that sit back and martial/Rashford cannot use their pace as effectively.  I do think a genuine world class #10 behind them would make a massive difference to United. Fred/McTominay are decent (McTominay more than decent) defensive midfielders but there is definitely something lacking in that middle third. Pogba is not the answer, he might play well individually  but it generally unbalances the team when he is there. Isco from RM or Couthino would be a decent addition.

Maroon Manc

Juan Mata who's well past his best produced 2 brilliant crosses into the box last weekend that resulted in goals for Rashford & Martial. For most part of the season United have relied on Lingard & Pereira as the creative influence on the team, their both nowhere's near good enough and never produce a ball into the box like Mata did last week. . Pereira is the worst centre mid I've seen at OT and I'm 39. If United had a creative player of Maddison or Grealish's quality they'd have a good few more points.

I know nothing about Fernandes, if he's signed I do hope he can play as one of 2 centre mids.

I wouldn't go risking Rashford this weekend, we've a lot of important games ahead in the coming weeks which we're more likely to take points in.

GJL

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 17, 2020, 10:44:30 AM
Juan Mata who's well past his best produced 2 brilliant crosses into the box last weekend that resulted in goals for Rashford & Martial. For most part of the season United have relied on Lingard & Pereira as the creative influence on the team, their both nowhere's near good enough and never produce a ball into the box like Mata did last week. . Pereira is the worst centre mid I've seen at OT and I'm 39. If United had a creative player of Maddison or Grealish's quality they'd have a good few more points.

I know nothing about Fernandes, if he's signed I do hope he can play as one of 2 centre mids.

I wouldn't go risking Rashford this weekend, we've a lot of important games ahead in the coming weeks which we're more likely to take points in.

Agree. Utd have a more than capable replacement in Greenwood. Let him at it.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 17, 2020, 10:44:30 AM

No 10 role or forward in a 3. It'll be two of Pogba/Fred/McTominay behind a front four of which Bruno will play as the 10.

Or in a 4-3-3 as the furthest forward of the 3 in midfield.

Boycey

Best of luck to Ashley Young, a good pro in his time at United and seemed a decent chap...

eight senior players gone in recent times and only three replaced...

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on January 17, 2020, 09:55:53 PM
Best of luck to Ashley Young, a good pro in his time at United and seemed a decent chap...

Yeah, didn't mind Young. Was a good pro.

A few more left to get rid of, namely Pogba, De Gea, Jones and Matic

trailer

What does a good pro mean?
Wise up. He was so shit I actually thought he was doing it deliberately. Woodward for all his faults has played a blinder. Young was worse with crosses that Jesus.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2020, 08:43:52 AM

What does a good pro mean?
Wise up. He was so shit I actually thought he was doing it deliberately. Woodward for all his faults has played a blinder. Young was worse with crosses that Jesus.

Young was ok but never utd standard the fact he was one of the better players since Fergie left says it all

Cunny Funt

Will be a big surprise if United aren't beaten at least 2 or 3-0 this afternoon, losing Rashford to injury has made a weak line up even weaker. Liverpool are a side that feed off errors and United an error prone side.  If beaten as expected at least United will remain 5th and 5 points off 4th.

Jeepers Creepers

Shaw, Pierera, James behind Martial. Christ, hold onto your hats .