Artur Boruc...Poland v N.I

Started by The Watcher Pat, March 21, 2009, 09:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Just read paper from yesterday that Artur Boruc will have armed guards when Poland play N.I next week. What's that all about???

Will/should he bless himself at Windsor park next Saturday?

Personally i think he will bless himself at Windsor as he does before every game but in this instance with the way things are at the minute he should do it in the dressing room away from the crowds.

Surely with all the protection he's getting he's bound to know what sort of reaction he's going to get...

I think he should be able to do it if he wants without any sort of reaction but Hope he's the bigger man here and doesn't!

What do you all think?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Norf Tyrone

I think Boruc needs protection from himself.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

He needs to lay off the burgers
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Drumanee 1

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 21, 2009, 09:13:54 AM
Just read paper from yesterday that Artur Boruc will have armed guards when Poland play N.I next week. What's that all about???

Personally i think he will bless himself at Windsor as he does before every game but in this instance with the way things are at the minute he should do it in the dressing room away from the crowds.

Surely with all the protection he's getting he's bound to know what sort of reaction he's going to get...

I think he should be able to do it if he wants without any sort of reaction but Hope he's the bigger man here and doesn't!

What do you all think?

why shouldn't he bless himself if he does it for every match?it's like saying they shouldn't have played god save the queen in croke park in case of offence,although it was a tuff pill to swallow i believe the Irish showed there dignity in respecting it,should the n.ireland crowd not do the same?ifa profess to be anti sectarian so they should except other peoples views and traditions.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on March 21, 2009, 09:53:12 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 21, 2009, 09:13:54 AM

What do you all think?

why shouldn't he bless himself if he does it for every match?it's like saying they shouldn't have played god save the queen in croke park in case of offence,although it was a tuff pill to swallow i believe the Irish showed there dignity in respecting it,should the n.ireland crowd not do the same?ifa profess to be anti sectarian so they should except other peoples views and traditions.

Im on his side here...What i'm saying is that if it saves any trouble he shouldn't..He will come out of it looking better...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

nifan

Obviously dont know how people will reat - though others have blessed themselves coming on with no problems.

Boruc of course is higher profile, and is certainly a very unpopular figure among rangers fans, who there will be plenty of. I imagine he will get the usual rough touch that visiting keepers get, with a bit extra due to his unpopularity amongst some people.

Drumanee 1

aye may be so but thats what catholics have been doing for years in this country,"incase we offend our unionist neighbours" yet when the shoe is on the other foot they ram it down our throat and if we show disdain we are told "it's our tradition",.it's ok for healy to play the flute (i know it was only meant as a joke) but if boruc dare to bless himself it is classed as provocation.

Galwaybhoy

I could be wrong here, but did this lad "The Holy Goalie" not walk over towards the Rangers fans one day and bless himself right in front of them.  Theres a huge difference between blessing yourself because its what you do and believe in and doing so just to provoke a reaction out of other fans.

aroundincircles

At that rate i think he should wear a green goalkeeper top white shorts and yellow socks and then bless himself.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 21, 2009, 11:02:17 AM
I could be wrong here, but did this lad "The Holy Goalie" not walk over towards the Rangers fans one day and bless himself right in front of them.  Theres a huge difference between blessing yourself because its what you do and believe in and doing so just to provoke a reaction out of other fans.

theres no doubt boruc certainly has been provocative towards rangers fans but if he genuinely bless himself before every match why should he not in winsor park?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on March 21, 2009, 11:29:36 AM

theres no doubt boruc certainly has been provocative towards rangers fans but if he genuinely bless himself before every match why should he not in winsor park?

If he genuinely blesses himself before every match then I don't see any problem with that, but if he does it just to provoke trouble from Rangers and followers of the north of Ireland soccer team then hes wrong.

aroundincircles

If he has armed guards with him he could do what ever he like i would say. ;D

Drumanee 1

o absolutely,if he does it just to provoke he's way out of order (as he has done in the past)but if he genuinely blesses himself coming out of the tunnel i see no problem and in fact i am sure when Spain came to play many of there players blessed themselves,my argument is a player should not have to stop from doing something he does week in week out just because it might offend a few bigots

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on March 21, 2009, 11:48:43 AM
o absolutely,if he does it just to provoke he's way out of order (as he has done in the past)but if he genuinely blesses himself coming out of the tunnel i see no problem and in fact i am sure when Spain came to play many of there players blessed themselves,my argument is a player should not have to stop from doing something he does week in week out just because it might offend a few bigots

Yeah I fully agree, and there will be enough bigots there to give him a hard time.  Of course these bigots who care so much about being offended will go out of their way to shout abuse at him!

stibhan

He does it in front of every goalposts, every game. If Rangers fans are offended by someone blessing themselves then they shouldn't be allowed inside a f**king stadium.