Bank Mistakes

Started by The Watcher Pat, February 14, 2009, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Don't get me started about these C**nts...Took 120 euro out with my debit card on wednesday from a AIB machine...Two seperate amounts of £111 were debited from my a/c....Phoned this morning to see why and the cocky wee runt on the phone told me that i took 120 euro out twice..He told me the exact times and they were 15 seconds between each other...I asked how am i supposed to get my card and cash out...back in again..put the pin in and take more cash out in that space of time???

Hadn't a answer for me but told me he couldnt put the cash back in my a/c...Had to cancel my card and wait to they investigate it for between 2-3 weeks(depending on the backlog) before they will refund my money...

Now i'm stuck without my debit card and £111 out of pocket.....If i had of really needed that money i was screwed!!

Dont take any Euro from the AIB euro machine at the front of the city hall in Belfast!!

Rant Over  ( had to get that off my chest!!)
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

muppet

How could you withdraw £111?

Did you ask it for £1,110 and divide it by 10?
MWWSI 2017

tyrone girl

I presume ur taking the piss, and i have risen to it?
He took out 120 euro =  £111  ::)

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2009, 06:09:40 PM

Do you work in the banking sector as well muppet?

muppet

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on February 14, 2009, 06:41:44 PM

I certainly do not work in the banking sector but if I did I would allow you to withdraw £111 if you wanted.
MWWSI 2017

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2009, 06:46:39 PM

I certainly do not work in the banking sector but if I did I would allow you to withdraw £111 if you wanted.

Your the sort of person we need in banks then!!!    ;)

muppet

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on February 14, 2009, 06:48:17 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 14, 2009, 06:46:39 PM

Your the sort of person we need in banks then!!!    ;)

Unfortunately the banks are full of muppets.
MWWSI 2017

The Gs Man

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on February 14, 2009, 05:48:33 PM
Don't get me started about these C**nts...

Its how you speak to them chief!!

Went in yesterday to the Ulster Bank and sweet-talked a £60 referral charge refund.......just batted my eyelashes and bada-bing.
Keep 'er lit

Minder

My missus works in a bank,and she loves to watch me bank. . . . . . . .  my money.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mylestheslasher

I'd ring them up again. Tell that lad he has 24 hours to put the money back in your account or you are going to move your account, loans, mortgage away from them immediately as a matter o principle. Explain you are a long time customer etc etc. I have had similar issues with Ulster Bank in the past and after a bit of an argument on the phone I just told the girl exactly the above and withing 10 minutes I had a call back agreeing to a refund.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 15, 2009, 09:56:06 AM
I'd ring them up again. Tell that lad he has 24 hours to put the money back in your account or you are going to move your account, loans, mortgage away from them immediately as a matter o principle. Explain you are a long time customer etc etc. I have had similar issues with Ulster Bank in the past and after a bit of an argument on the phone I just told the girl exactly the above and withing 10 minutes I had a call back agreeing to a refund.

I'm going to do that on Monday morning in the branch....might move my a/c anyway to Ulster bank I heard if you have your salary put in there they will give you £50 extra for the first 3 months...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on February 15, 2009, 10:12:31 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 15, 2009, 09:56:06 AM

I'm going to do that on Monday morning in the branch....might move my a/c anyway to Ulster bank I heard if you have your salary put in there they will give you £50 extra for the first 3 months...

Fifty quid a week or a month??

Canalman

TWP, only one way to process a complaint to the bank. Write (emphasis on the write) a letter by reg post to the smart ass's manager...cc it to the head office complaint section.
If you don't get a response within 7 days, off to the ombudsman you go.
Then you will get a grovelling apology at the least.....a girl in my office got flowers sent to her by the local branch after she was rudely treated and went to the Ombudsman.
Important thing to remember is phone calls/ emails get you noehere.

PadraicHenryPearse

I used to woprk in a bank branch for 8 years and i hated c**ts like ye. Always complaning about everything to a customer rep. in a branch as if they make all the policy decisions and have access to every little thing.

in a case like this - unsure if you are aib customer or not. there is a process that normally takes 10 working days. it gets logged in the branch. they report it to their it/atm section you take up the query with the same dept in another bank. they then look at the log from their atm that the error was on and contact the branch where the error occured. they balance the machine and find that they have more money hten they should. they contact their it/atm who inform your bank. the money is transfer and you are given your money back. i always liked to make a calender note fo 10m working days time and take contact details to ring the customer and let them know the money is back. always trying to exceed customer expectation  ;D ;D

If you are short on cash as a result of this they should give you a temp o/d and refund all charges if used. As for cancelling your card, i probably wouldnyt have done this as the times suggest it is a technical fault with the atm not a skimming device.

it takes this long as there are hundreds of queries a day, most are complete rubbish and a waste of  everyone times. i Had a women once you argued with me that a laser transaction had gone through in a phacmacy for 50 euro to much in December. she had just got statements in march and noticed the transaction. for about 30 minutes she roared about everything that the bank does to make her life a misery etc. etc. while i told her the process of getting the receipt to see if she signed it etc. etc. i also checked the transaction and noticed it was 50 euro cash back. i asked if she got cash back. she told me there is the proof she'd been robbed she didnt get cash back. again another rant of how the bank was accusing her of all sorts. I asked again as it was before Xmas and maybe she had got a present for someone. light switch in her head time. she bought the Xmas tree that day. i then got told she should get statements every month instead of 3 and she might remember. i advised her of internet, telephone banking and if she wanted statements every month it cost 1 euro a month, every 3 mths was free. another robbing bastards comment and she left.

i'd  say i got a least one or 2 of these type situations a week. in summary take it easy on your bank officals unless they are really stupid. we dont like getting shouted at liek everyone else.

Hardy

The customer is always right.