My thread to pontificate about Protestantism

Started by T Fearon, October 05, 2017, 04:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

As we approach the 500th anniversary of the so called Reformation,I note that a number of events are taking place across Ireland,organised by the Presbyterian Church,including one in Dublin,to celebrate this abomination.These would be easily ignored if it were not for the fact that some catholic priests are willingly taking part in these.

I do hope their participation is solely from the perspective of pointing out the heresy and abomination of this lamentable event,by the Satanic possessed Martin Luther.To even debate its merits,far less celebrate it,would be something no catholic should countenance.

seafoid

Protestantism would never have happened if the Catholic church church had been run properly. One is as bad as the other. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

T Fearon

You don't run a Church,it's not like Dunnes Stores or Centra.Luther opposed the Church's doctrines,handed down by the Apostles,and was guilty of heresy.

Esmarelda

Quote from: T Fearon on October 05, 2017, 05:08:08 PM
You don't run a Church,it's not like Dunnes Stores or Centra.Luther opposed the Church's doctrines,handed down by the Apostles,and was guilty of heresy.
I don't think Protestantism could be wrong. Sure it's lasted so long.

T Fearon

It is fundamentally flawed in the doctrine that Faith Alone is sufficient for salvation.Faith should permeate every aspect of the Christian's life,including showing compassion,being charitable etc.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: T Fearon on October 05, 2017, 05:08:08 PM

I think you will find that his main problem was the level of corruption within the Catholic Church.  He objected to the sale of 'relics' by the Church and he objected to sale of indulgences, i.e. you could make a monetary payment to the Church and cut time of your sentence in purgatory/hell.  Both practices were rampant at that time and he saw them as not only corruption in a financial sense of a corruption of the teaching in the New Testament.

Like anyone who has opposed the Church, its hierarchy and clergy with an argument which pointed to its wrong doing, Luther was attacked as a heretic which was the worst possible allegation that could be made against him.

In 2017, not much has changed, if a person or persons point out that some practice or behaviour by the Church hierarchy or clergy is wrong then the Church authorities go ad hominem and ignore the issue being raised.

T Fearon

The Church was in need of structural reform,but Luther advocated heretical doctrines contrary to the Apostolic Doctrines of the Catholic Church.

Eamonnca1

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on October 05, 2017, 06:00:34 PM
The Church was in need of structural reform,but Luther advocated heretical doctrines contrary to the Apostolic Doctrines of the Catholic Church.

Yawn

Horse Box

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 05, 2017, 06:11:04 PM
Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

:D  :D  :D . . .

Rossfan

Tony what are the differences in beliefs between  Anglicans, Methodists, Presbyterians and Lutherans?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

brokencrossbar1

Matthew 7:2
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on October 05, 2017, 06:47:46 PM
Tony what are the differences in beliefs between  Anglicans, Methodists, Presbyterians and Lutherans?

Subdivisions of heresy, you might as well say what is the difference between the IFA and FAI.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B