Laois Senior Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 09, 2018, 12:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on August 04, 2018, 09:13:15 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 01, 2018, 11:32:00 AM
Quote from: FiveStars on July 31, 2018, 05:00:48 PM
no sign of Mr Mulhare refereeing last weekend! has he finished?

Not much of a loss hate being critical but god he has had a few shockers since he got "promoted"(i used that tem loosely)to the senior ranks!

Would you ever take up the whistle yourself there and throw your shoulder to the wheel?

Nice fellow and not the worst referee its a tough Job I did a bit if it myself.

But like myself he is not up to senior level.

I think the fact he got thrown in at the deep end didn't help his development for sure.

His first match ended in a farce a few years back was it Joes and Mountmellick when there was a massive melee in it after he lost total control!
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 07, 2018, 03:02:07 PM

Not much of a loss hate being critical but god he has had a few shockers since he got "promoted"(i used that tem loosely)to the senior ranks!

Would you ever take up the whistle yourself there and throw your shoulder to the wheel?

I think the fact he got thrown in at the deep end didn't help his development for sure.

His first match ended in a farce a few years back was it Joes and Mountmellick when there was a massive melee in it after he lost total control!

There's plenty of referees in Laois who have lost control of a massive melee. We're quite adept at the ol massive melees.

FiveStars

Nobody coming through and breaking into th senior group is the problem

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on August 07, 2018, 03:08:50 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 07, 2018, 03:02:07 PM

There's plenty of referees in Laois who have lost control of a massive melee. We're quite adept at the ol massive melees.

Hard to disagree!
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

I've been watching Pat Moran for nearly 50 or more years now, I don't think I ever saw him refereeing as many games as he has in recent years. Pats a nice man, but Jesus f**king Christ, surely we can find a few lads to retire him at this point in his life? It's beyond a joke.

Unlaoised

Crettyard v Ballyfin tonight was poor stuff dont know how Ballyfin managed to loose the game they kicked so many wides and lost so much possesion far the better balanced and fitter team but bit of cuteness and the outstanding evan o carroll got them over the line.

Evan  was excellent but was helped by getting a free sometimes before he got the ball .

Tomas moore has potential to be a good ref but he made some strange decisions in the final few minutes of the game .

Firstly left a crettyard advantage go way to long when they got a shot away but still brought it back .

Then he dissallowed a goal for cretty for the same thing which angered the encroaching cretty sideline in front of me it was understandable frustration.

I think he was a little shaken by this and blew up in the strangest way as ballyfin tried to get a goal at the end .

The two mins injury time was widely laughed at in the stand as there should been a lot more .

It ended strange as a ball kicked in was partly cleared
and a ballyfin man picked it up all alone about 12 yards out as he was about to shoot final whistle was blown  even cretty subs in front of me were surprised.

Ballyfin will struggle to  stay up now for certain cant see cretty goinv much further carrying so many older players but with cormac murphy and evan they always have a chance.

Cha should stick to the hurling 6 fouls in the first half and must have lost possesion as much as he got it.

No stand outs really for Ballyfin with Finn quiet .

The young Moore lad is away in america and Laois hurler ben conroy was quiet number 4 was quiet impressive but not sure of his name.

The jerseys were hard to make out sure one team could have changed .

All in all a poor game which just emphasises why there is too many senior teams in laois.
LAOIS ABÚ

FiveStars

Ballyfin has few chances and will regret not winning it only for Carroll and Murphy with crettyard.
On the referee strange decision at the end, ballyfin weren't happy. Imagine goal wasn't given for crettyard because of the black card he gave and whistle must have been already blown. Anyways, no harm to see a fresh face as an official. Referee wasn't the losing of it anyways
Going to be hard for Ballyfin now. Seems Finn is now going back abroad. Can't see Crettyard going any further but it's prob job done for them now.

SCFC

Tough night for Ballyfin. Shocking hard to balance both codes and I've huge respect for them for trying to do so. Sean moore probably alone would have swung that game for them.

Fair play to Crettyard - Evan is a class act and they have been senior now for 14 years without ever really looking like winning it. They are a limited but hard working bunch of lads. Without the four Spink lads they would be so poor and with the rumours that the "Gaels" arrangements are being closely looked at this winter, I'd fear for them.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on August 10, 2018, 08:43:47 AM
Tough night for Ballyfin. Shocking hard to balance both codes and I've huge respect for them for trying to do so. Sean moore probably alone would have swung that game for them.

Fair play to Crettyard - Evan is a class act and they have been senior now for 14 years without ever really looking like winning it. They are a limited but hard working bunch of lads. Without the four Spink lads they would be so poor and with the rumours that the "Gaels" arrangements are being closely looked at this winter, I'd fear for them.
Nothing against them, a fine Club who work hard to keep themselves in Senior, but one of about 6-8 who could easily drop to a Senior "A" and be the better off for it.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on August 10, 2018, 08:54:03 AM
Quote from: SCFC on August 10, 2018, 08:43:47 AM

Nothing against them, a fine Club who work hard to keep themselves in Senior, but one of about 6-8 who could easily drop to a Senior "A" and be the better off for it.

Yes totally agree maybe teams like
Clonaslee
Ballyfin
Ballyroan
Crettyard
Killeshin

Would be better off in a senior A competition would there be much difference between these teams and a Courtwood Rosenallis Mountmellick Timahoe or Portlaoise second string (esp if they lost the gaels tags) I think not
LAOIS ABÚ

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Portlaoise leading 1.11 to 0.04 at half time. Playing some great football but Graiguecullen were with them all the way for 20 min's. An injury to their centre back and a ref that's giving every 50/50 challenge to portlaoise changed the whole thing around and it seems over as a contest at this stage, half time..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

This will be 1 of portlaoises easiet county titles there 2nd string wohld probably go very close
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

Our pace and cuteness is gonna be too much for any of the Laois clubs to handle alright . Feel we may be exposed when we get to Leinster though.

High Fielder

Graigue were poor. There was no real pattern to their play. They got bottled up a lot and movement wasn't happening. On the other hand, Portlaoise were supporting and moving for each other all the time. Healy and Saunders make a big difference and with Flanagan back it would allow Lillis to go back to midfield. There's a more balanced look about them this year but they need to be more ruthless

Don Draper

Jesus if no team is fit to relegate this Clonaslee side they should f**k off down to junior with themselves.