Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

redhugh

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 26, 2009, 04:10:05 PM
So here we are again another report another outrage. The sheep will claim it was a minority and the government should have done this and that. Sure they said sorry. Sure they paid compensation. Is it worth going into it anymore? I just want to say this.

If you are a christian and believe in the bible as the word of God thats grand. If you want to lead a good life by the rules of the bible thats fine. But why why why do people need to be apart of an organisation that...

- Put their own survival above all else.
- That allows little children to be raped, abused and destroyed by its members.
- Protects the evil paedophilles within its ranks.
- Frustrates all attempts at investigation.
- Offers mealy mouthed apologies decades on.
- Thats fights tooth and nail not to compensate until public opinion (& dwindling crowds) force it.

I could add more but whats the point. The hardliner catholics on the board will avoid commenting on this thread, probably because they are still clinging to the "minority of bad apples" theory or the big bad "anti catholics" just turn it into a slagging match. Or maybe their brains have been short circuited by the shock of the truth. Maybe they can't deal with everything they believe in being turned on its head.

But stop and think - if you believe in the word of God as written in the bible, how can you belong to an organisation that perpetrates crimes so outrageous against the most vulnerable. Ask yourselves that.

I can only imagine the depressing responses I'll get...

Great post Myles.Sick, deviant, corrupt, lying bastids that betrayed trust to an astonishing level.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 26, 2009, 07:34:18 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 26, 2009, 07:03:36 PM
Some of you may find this site of use...

www.countmeout.ie
I think that's been posted up before?  Is that real? 
I think it was pointed out the last time it was posted that people would want to think about that before they do it.

You know who I'm most angry and disgusted with in all of this, and I'm not sure why, the people. The normal people who must have been f**king completely brain washed! What the hell was wrong with them!  People, not just the police or the govt, knew this was happening and did nothing.
My ma was telling me there about something on the radio today, some woman was on and her and the sister were abused by the priest. Her mother was one of these who'd cook the priest's dinners, and the priest would call around at night when they were in bed and he'd have to to the children's bedroom to "say goodnight".  That's were the abuse took place. Now, there is no doubt in my mind the mother knew what has happening, you would have to be clean stupid not to and she done nothing.  And then there was something else about some woman going to the bishops house (as you do, rather than to the guards) to complain about a priest abusing someone and she was threatened with excommunication so she didn't pursue it.  What the f**k!  Same goes for the mothers and fathers who allowed their grandchildren, who's only crime was to be born out of wedlock, to be taken away and their daughters through in these laundries.  Unbelievable.
Those are the people I am most disgusted with.
Good post Pints. It was a very different time in Catholic Ireland, which seems to have been ruled by the Church rather than the State. I still don't understand the mindset of subservience to any body which asks you to do something totally against human nature ie give up your children for no good reason. There are many, many members of public culpable in allowing this to happen. And you know what, I'll bet there are still people in Ireland don't believe a word of it and think it's all a conspiracy against the Catholic Church. They're the nutters were out collecting money for paedophile priests a few years back.

pintsofguinness

QuoteI'll bet there are still people in Ireland don't believe a word of it and think it's all a conspiracy against the Catholic Church.
Of course there are, I know at least one and she (shes about 80) refuses to believe a word of any of this.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 26, 2009, 08:15:02 PM
QuoteI'll bet there are still people in Ireland don't believe a word of it and think it's all a conspiracy against the Catholic Church.
Of course there are, I know at least one and she (shes about 80) refuses to believe a word of any of this.
I don't if my Granny would believe it either if she was alive.

redhugh

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 26, 2009, 08:22:21 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 26, 2009, 08:15:02 PM
I don't if my Granny would believe it either if she was alive.

My Ma would'nt have heard a bad word about the church in her house for the longest time.But fair play to her she started to research it and saw the truth for what it was.She now has little good to say about it.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: muppet on November 26, 2009, 07:16:18 PM

www.countmeout.ie

Can I ask that you delete that post and start it in a new thread? It is an interesting subject but might be better in another thread.

Muppet - I'll start  a thread on it when this one dies down cos i'd imagine both will end up covering the same stuff, if thats ok with you?

muppet

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 26, 2009, 08:41:14 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 26, 2009, 07:16:18 PM

www.countmeout.ie

Can I ask that you delete that post and start it in a new thread? It is an interesting subject but might be better in another thread.

Muppet - I'll start  a thread on it when this one dies down cos i'd imagine both will end up covering the same stuff, if thats ok with you?

It was just a suggestion. I think it'll get lost in this thread.
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 26, 2009, 08:11:31 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 26, 2009, 07:34:18 PM

www.countmeout.ie
I think that's been posted up before?  Is that real? 
I think it was pointed out the last time it was posted that people would want to think about that before they do it.

You know who I'm most angry and disgusted with in all of this, and I'm not sure why, the people. The normal people who must have been f**king completely brain washed! What the hell was wrong with them!  People, not just the police or the govt, knew this was happening and did nothing.
My ma was telling me there about something on the radio today, some woman was on and her and the sister were abused by the priest. Her mother was one of these who'd cook the priest's dinners, and the priest would call around at night when they were in bed and he'd have to to the children's bedroom to "say goodnight".  That's were the abuse took place. Now, there is no doubt in my mind the mother knew what has happening, you would have to be clean stupid not to and she done nothing.  And then there was something else about some woman going to the bishops house (as you do, rather than to the guards) to complain about a priest abusing someone and she was threatened with excommunication so she didn't pursue it.  What the f**k!  Same goes for the mothers and fathers who allowed their grandchildren, who's only crime was to be born out of wedlock, to be taken away and their daughters through in these laundries.  Unbelievable.
Those are the people I am most disgusted with.
Good post Pints. It was a very different time in Catholic Ireland, which seems to have been ruled by the Church rather than the State. I still don't understand the mindset of subservience to any body which asks you to do something totally against human nature ie give up your children for no good reason. There are many, many members of public culpable in allowing this to happen. And you know what, I'll bet there are still people in Ireland don't believe a word of it and think it's all a conspiracy against the Catholic Church. They're the nutters were out collecting money for paedophile priests a few years back.

The catholic church has always been about maintaining power in this country and they succeeded for a long long time. They were the law. You have to remember people in these times were in genuine fear of their souls going to hell such was the mental pressure put on them. It was like a cult built on fear. Then on the other hand they had their tentacles in everything. They had a say in who was the headmaster, the garda etc. You could not avoid them or live your life without crossing them. They controlled what the tv showed and what was said on the radio.To us today we can't fathom how ordinary people let themselves be totally controlled like this. We'd like to think we'd be different but who knows.

anglocelt39

I have children that are currently being educated in the Catholic system. As a result of this I have communions, confirmations every so often and tend to rock up to mass more often than would be the case if it was left up to me. Sometimes I might hear something that makes the outing worthwhile and rewarding. On one visit in the last three years I heard some visiting Padre go on, at some length, about the sin of couples cohabiting when not married. I f**king well kid you not.

I will rock up next Sunday and I will have my ears pricked for Something resembling an abject apology. I may have to wait. I was nearly sick in the car today as I heard the latest catalogue of shame on the radio.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

muppet

Anyone know if the words 'Opus Dei' appear in the report?
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on November 26, 2009, 08:47:38 PM
I have children that are currently being educated in the Catholic system. As a result of this I have communions, confirmations every so often and tend to rock up to mass more often than would be the case if it was left up to me. Sometimes I might hear something that makes the outing worthwhile and rewarding. On one visit in the last three years I heard some visiting Padre go on, at some length, about the sin of couples cohabiting when not married. I f**king well kid you not.

I will rock up next Sunday and I will have my ears pricked for Something resembling an abject apology. I may have to wait. I was nearly sick in the car today as I heard the latest catalogue of shame on the radio.

I'd guess there will be a split. Many priests will try and express sorrow, shame regret etc many will say nothing and hope it blows over and we all forget about it and return to normal. I would urge those good priests to leave the church like the priest in Derry. Let them do the work of Jesus, if they wish, as normal people. They'll achieve a lot more in my opinion.

Orior

Okay, so there were very bad eggs in the priesthood, and peoples lives were ruined.

Do people on this board want:

1 ) perpretators put in jail
2 ) aiding and abetting put in jail
3 ) sack cloth and ashes
4 ) the church disbanded
5 ) compo
6 ) an apology
7 ) all the above
8 ) none of the above
9 ) something else?

(Updated following 5Sams post)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

5 Sams

Quote from: Orior on November 26, 2009, 09:29:43 PM
Okay, so there were very bad eggs in the priesthood, and peoples lives were ruined.

1) sack cloth and ashes
2) the church disbanded
3) compo
4) an apology
5) all the above
6) none of the above
7) something else?

7........just cut the balls of the perverted cnuts. Simple. Priest or lay man....psychos like that need to be sorted out.

The Aristocrat Years

SLIGONIAN

130 complaints since 2004,

2000 and fcking 4.

How can this still be happening? >:(. When will it stop?.

Just beyond thought the evilness. I hope the victims can find the strength to live there lives in peace.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

muppet

Quote from: Orior on November 26, 2009, 09:29:43 PM

1 ) perpretators put in jail
2 ) aiding and abetting put in jail
3 ) sack cloth and ashes
4 ) the church disbanded
5 ) compo
6 ) an apology
7 ) all the above
8 ) none of the above
9 ) something else?

(Updated following 5Sams post)

1) yes should be jailed & 2) should be prosecuted, not all would go to jail, it would depend on the circumstances.

Disbanding the Church is not the solution but there needs to be a lot of weeding out done and I'm afraid the current Pontiff may not be willing to help, judging by his actions as a Cardinal.
MWWSI 2017