Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 06:05:08 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2016, 05:57:03 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 05:53:30 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37985967

The local Mayor responded: 'Just made my day Pam'

If she's not trailed through some sort of judicial process for that then you may just be right.  The place is f**ked!

She has been fired, but claims she is suing everyone who called her a racist for slander.
New whiney bigotry
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Franko

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 06:05:08 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2016, 05:57:03 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 05:53:30 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37985967

The local Mayor responded: 'Just made my day Pam'

If she's not trailed through some sort of judicial process for that then you may just be right.  The place is f**ked!

She has been fired, but claims she is suing everyone who called her a racist for slander.

Ah yes, the good old hatred of the perennially offended liberals being 'PC'.

But don't ever call a racist a racist, that's offensive to them you know.

seafoid

David Brooks in the NYT had a very good point

"Populism of the Trump/Le Pen/Brexit variety has always been a warning sign that there is some deeper dysfunction in our economic, social and cultural systems. If you want to take that warning sign and dismiss it as simple bigotry you're never going to understand what's going on and you'll never know how to constructively respond"

seafoid

Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2016, 05:47:24 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2016, 05:24:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 04:20:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2016, 04:15:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 04:10:11 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 15, 2016, 02:41:54 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 02:27:11 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 15, 2016, 01:20:38 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 01:12:01 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 15, 2016, 01:07:31 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2016, 01:05:05 PM
Bannon is not a conservative. He is a Nazi.Anyone who voted Trump got free Nazi. Watch as they reorder the media.

And that's why I didn't even protest vote for Trump....these people are truly cvnts, but in their view thats what you need to fight the cvnts at CNN and The NY Times

Yes because Fox and Breitbart has got the balance just right.  ::)

We have seen this before, as lots of people have been saying.

The 'elite' in Germany were so paranoid about the Commies that they gave power to the Nazis.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Yep....rigging debates is very good for democracy-lol

Rigging debates? You keep saying this as if it mattered. It didn't. The real rigging was done by the Russians (via Wikileaks) and the FBI. But you are OUTRAGED at a story, that Hillary apparently got help in an arena that Trump was totally incompetent in anyway.

Lol...Democrats outraged by Wikileaks "rigging" the election, because Wikileaks released emails showing that Democrats were rigging the election. Irony doesn't get any sweeter

Wikileaks rigged the election because the Russians gave them emails from only one side. You can be absolutely sure they have all of the Trump campaigns emails too. But the Russians wanted him to win, because they obviously have some sort leverage over him. How scary is that? But who cares, let's keep bashing Hillary.

I know it is difficult to change the habit of a lifetime, but the GOP's 30 years of bashing Hilary is over. She doesn't matter anymore. You won. And it is time you woke up to your new reality.

Fox News it is from now on. Lies, abuse, insults and everything else you voted for, is your new reality. It is what the people voted for.
Muppet elections are complicated. It wasn't just one thing  . And it was very close.
Matches aren't won on one play.

Completely irrelevant now. Trump won and we are now about to enter the Trump era.

Nothing else matters.
You can take the man out of Mayo but you can't take the fatalism out of the man.

This must apply to the Galweigans also.  I've lost count of the number of times you've signed off a post with a

"XXXX is fucked/dead/finished/gone/over/"*

*delete as appropriate for uber-dramatism.

Franko maybe it is a big dramatic at times but the economic system is collapsing.
It is very hard to get through Groupthink  as well.

I had a meeting with a company recently and I told them they had a serious problem with the junk bonds on their balance sheet
and the guy laughed and said I was talking nonsense.

I went to a pensions conference in September. all the big asset managers are selling Junk bonds to pension funds.

A lot of things are going to come to an end unless we get change before it blows up 

seafoid

Gideon Rachman ‏@gideonrachman  5 h

With Bannon in White House reaching out to Le Pen, Afd etc, the US govt moves from supporting democracy in Europe to actively undermining it

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2016, 08:10:12 PM

"Populism of the Trump/Le Pen/Brexit variety has always been a warning sign that there is some deeper dysfunction in our economic, social and cultural systems. If you want to take that warning sign and dismiss it as simple bigotry you're never going to understand what's going on and you'll never know how to constructively respond"
Deeper dysfunction in economic, social and cultural systems begets simple bigotry.

muppet

Quote from: sid waddell on November 15, 2016, 11:50:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2016, 08:10:12 PM

Deeper dysfunction in economic, social and cultural systems begets simple bigotry.

Let's make bigotry great again.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

MWWSI 2017

sid waddell

The really scary thing about all this is how Glenn Beck is suddenly coming across as a reasonable liberal, although to say I'm suspicious is an understatement. He's doing it again on CNN now.

It's like years ago in the WWF when a heel suddenly turned face.

I've no freaking idea what's going on.

whitey

One thing came up in conversation today that I hadn't even thought of before

Remember during the election we heard that Trump had all of his support coming from "non college educated white people".

How fvcking condescending can you get.....I know plenty of trades people over here.....electricians, diesel mechanics, HVAC guys .....who spend years at trade schools, learning trades and doing apprenticeships . They are just as smart and equally, if not more informed as many of the smarmy fvcks looking down their noses at them

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on November 16, 2016, 01:06:41 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 16, 2016, 12:46:47 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-mccain-russia-putin_us_582b4d86e4b01d8a014abd5b
Trump is amazing, really. He manages to simultaneously embrace both fascism and appeasement.
I think Caligula was another narcissist with a short attention span.

There are few surviving sources about the reign of Emperor Caligula, although he is described as a noble and moderate ruler during the first six months of his reign. After this, the sources focus upon his cruelty, sadism, extravagance, and sexual perversity, presenting him as an insane tyrant. While the reliability of these sources is questionable, it is known that during his brief reign, Caligula worked to increase the unconstrained personal power of the emperor, as opposed to countervailing powers within the principate. He directed much of his attention to ambitious construction projects and luxurious dwellings for himself, and initiated the construction of two aqueducts in Rome: the Aqua Claudia and the Anio Novus. During his reign, the empire annexed the Kingdom of Mauretania as a province.
In early AD 41, Caligula was assassinated as a result of a conspiracy by officers of the Praetorian Guard, senators, and courtiers. The conspirators' attempt to use the opportunity to restore the Roman Republic was thwarted: on the day of the assassination of Caligula, the Praetorian Guard declared Caligula's uncle, Claudius, the next Roman emperor.

Welcome to St Trumpez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh2FRFhS7QY

Get fresh, gotta stay fly
Get the jet I gotta stay high
High up like a la la la
Ain't nothin here that my money can't buy
Dolce, Gucci and Louis V
Yacht so big I could live out in the sea
You for real you can't see me
In these Euro frames the whole world change
Mad bitches so much brought
Feel the life when I wanna f**k them all
Get mad brain in my very fast car
Ferrari V12 Marilena on my arm
Ladies can't resist the charm
Haters, kiss the ring of the Don
And we do this all day, welcome to St. Trumpez

The party just started, the party ain't stoppin'
Keep shit poppin', poppin these bottles
Haters keep hatin', fuckin' these models
So much money like we own the lotto
Pull up to a club in a white Murcielago
He don't make dollars, he don't make cents
He don't make you rich, he don't mean shit, shit
We the shit. I mean how much better can it get
Harleys, Maserati, Gallardos, we make too much do'
And we spend it all day, welcome to St. Trumpez

dec

Quote from: whitey on November 16, 2016, 01:58:33 AM
Remember during the election we heard that Trump had all of his support coming from "non college educated white people".

No we didn't hear that.