Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

punt kick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2017, 10:46:27 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 31, 2017, 10:36:06 PM
Well for ye lucky lads with a surplus of tickets going PM this Galway man who'll be more than happy to take any one of them off your hands as I'm still hunting for a ticket.

Sure kunt pick has hundreds of them  ;D he's bound to sort you out

I have 4, hopefully you get none.  Maybe if anyone liked you some one would help you out.  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: punt kick on September 01, 2017, 07:52:10 AM
Well for ye lucky lads with a surplus of tickets going PM this Galway man who'll be more than happy to take any one of them off your hands as I'm still hunting for a ticket.

I have 4, hopefully you get none.  Maybe if anyone liked you some one would help you out.  ;D

What age are you ?? Back to school young lad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

punt kick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2017, 08:27:52 AM
Quote from: punt kick on September 01, 2017, 07:52:10 AM

What age are you ?? Back to school young lad

::)

GaillimhIarthair

Score predictions for Sunday afternoon lads?

My own unbiased  :P prediction -

Galway 2-21  Waterford 1-18

GaillimhIarthair

Teams named for Sunday -

Galway: Colm Callanan; Adrian Tuohy, Daithí Burke, John Hanbury; Padraic Mannion, Gearóid McInerney,  Aidan Harte; Johnny Coen, David Burke; Joseph Cooney, Joe Canning; Jonathan Glynn, Conor Whelan, Conor Cooney, Cathal Mannion

Waterford: Stephen O'Keeffe; Shane Fives, Barry Coughlan, Noel Connors; Tadhg de Burca, Austin Gleeson, Philip Mahony; Jamie Barron, Kieran Bennett; Kevin Moran, Pauric Mahony, Jake Dillon; Shane Bennett, Michael Walsh, Darragh Fives.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Galway only scored 22 against tipp in the semi
Tipp had a more conventional defense with a full back line that was getting all sorts of flak prior to the game
I see they are starting Glynn so they must be going long with puck outs and deliveries
I would have thought shooting from their own half would have been better
Waterford starting foreword lines are designed and conditioned for continuous running to expend the opposition defence then they spring their last quarter men
Barron comes into the game more because his batteries are higher spec than most, he's a Cheltenham horse alright but he wouldn't disgrace himself at aintree either (david Burke will not be on top of this battle)

Galway to be only 3 up with ten to go and Waterford to close the deal by 2 at the whistle

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

seafoid

Galway are going to hammer them. In 2011 Noel Lane asked if the hurlers had the intensity , the ruthlessness , the skill and the relentless will to win required. It was missing for decades.
Tiocfaidh ár la.  Amárach
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: seafoid on September 02, 2017, 10:10:15 AM
Galway are going to hammer them. In 2011 Noel Lane asked if the hurlers had the intensity , the ruthlessness , the skill and the relentless will to win required. It was missing for decades.

Galway can and have hammered better teams in the past so I see what you mean
They will have to have them stuffed before half time
Cork had only racked up 6 points from play in the semi first half
It's possible but only if Waterford freeze like 2008
Imm also factoring in Galways records in all Ireland finals

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

seafoid

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 02, 2017, 10:29:15 AM

Waterfords record in AIFS is 08.
This match is like Mayo v Donegal in 2012

Donegal would line players up near a free taker and have one run off to distract him.  Attention to detail.
Galway have that. And they can hurl.
They are slicker than the team with the sweeper.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on September 02, 2017, 10:39:51 AM

Donegal would line players up near a free taker and have one run off to distract him.  Attention to detail.

The sweeper system will make shit of Joe Canning. The most overrated hurler of all time. Comparing him to the likes of Shefflin or Ring is like comparing water to champagne. If Canning doesn't hurl, Galway will have lost their supposed big day go to man and their number will be up. If Waterford aren't fifteen points ahead by 60 minutes I will be very surprised.

Prediction: Waterford 10-62 Galway 0-03.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kilkevan on September 02, 2017, 12:45:59 PM

The sweeper system will make shit of Joe Canning. The most overrated hurler of all time. Comparing him to the likes of Shefflin or Ring is like comparing water to champagne. If Canning doesn't hurl, Galway will have lost their supposed big day go to man and their number will be up. If Waterford aren't fifteen points ahead by 60 minutes I will be very surprised.

That's some scoreline!

Both teams have had inferiority complexes against the big teams on the big stage, but they've managed to get over some of those demons recently... it's all down to who wants it the most, as it's evening out by the day!!!

Kilkevan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2017, 01:16:13 PM

That's some scoreline!

Both teams have had inferiority complexes against the big teams on the big stage, but they've managed to get over some of those demons recently... it's all down to who wants it the most, as it's evening out by the day!!!

No more outlandish that the rubbish Seafoid is coming out with that Galway will hammer Waterford. I think Waterford will win by two or three in the most dire final in donkeys years as both teams will freeze and neither are classic finalists.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Kilkevan on September 02, 2017, 01:24:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2017, 01:16:13 PM

That's some scoreline!

No more outlandish that the rubbish Seafoid is coming out with that Galway will hammer Waterford. I think Waterford will win by two or three in the most dire final in donkeys years as both teams will freeze and neither are classic finalists.
Classic finalists!! 😂😂😂.  You can almost smell the arrogance!  A few years in the doldrums might do ye lads the world of good.