Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Health and safety officers currently assessing Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

CCCC meeting recommences at 4pm.

Kilkevan

Quote from: clonadmad on July 10, 2017, 10:46:58 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 10, 2017, 12:16:47 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 09, 2017, 10:07:34 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 09, 2017, 01:03:38 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 09, 2017, 12:32:54 PM

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 09, 2017, 10:25:50 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 09, 2017, 09:40:00 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 09, 2017, 08:56:42 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 09, 2017, 07:20:44 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 08, 2017, 11:38:38 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2017, 10:44:26 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 08, 2017, 10:37:31 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2017, 10:06:09 PM
So the cats are finished. Hard to believe.

If you live to be 100, you'll never see Galway win as many All Irelands as Cody has and that's what hurts you most.

Quote from: laoislad on July 08, 2017, 09:15:22 PM
Great game. Thought Waterford  had blown it.

In three championship matches we hurled for ten minutes, which got us back into the match with Waterford. Not good enough. We haven't the players anymore and there's a big rebuilding job to be done.
They were great but most people were sick of them by the end.   And I won't miss the dirt like the butt of the hurl inside the faceguard.

I'd be happy if this Galway team won 1.

Would you ever cop yourself on and stop talking rubbish?
I agree fully with his comment

every team knows kilkenny do it
even Martin fogarty has mrntioned it

Show me where he said it...

And get a grip, Kilkenny had no good players, they were just great cheats, that's sh1te talk if ever there was.

The only butt in the helmet I can recall is the one Henry got against Clare. In these days of TV cameras everywhere that kind of thing gets caught even if the referee doesn't see it. You've already shown your level by blowing off steam about children from Gowran in another thread so frankly when your bile extends to under 14s it's hard to take you seriously.
I saw a kilkenny minor half forward get away with it 3/4 times last Sunday in croker
I've been at enough.coaching demos to hear what Martin says

still annoyed Gowran were beaten in the final by a laois team?
move on

Ah, so this is like when you said Charlie Carter was there when he wasn't. Of course though, you say he was, without any evidence, but your word is golden sure. Same as Martin Fogarty said xyz at hurling demos which you were at but can't produce a scrap of evidence for. It happened cos you say it did. Then you cite a minor match, again attacking into children, which wasn't televised and you have no evidence for but again, it happened because you said it did. Hearsay, sorry lad but you can't go off that alone.

Now, let's look at our conversation on the feile.

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 17, 2017, 10:27:34 PM
Gowran beat Glynn-Barntown in Ferns this afternoon. daylight robbery with the referee totally out of his depth and the gowarn sideline (charlie carter & co) dictating frees and refereeing decisions

standard of Kilkenny and Wexford club teams in the competition is very high, even down in Division 4, 5, 6 etc

Getting a bit excited there eh!

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 18, 2017, 09:23:10 AM
your number 11 was a bully and was let away with fouling his player the whole game and got away with it. same for your big midfielder.

anyway, semi finals today

Calling under 14 players "bullies", that's classy!

Oh and for the record...

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 18, 2017, 10:19:58 AM
Ah would you stop, they're an under 14 team for goodness sake. Can we leave the playground "my Daddy's bigger than your Daddy" nonsense where it belongs?

There's me calling it what it was, an under 14s match, and there's you up above throwing your toys out of the pram about referees and "bullies" in a kids' match... Don't think I'm the type to get wound up over playground sport...

Again, I await your evidence for any of the rubbish you claim...
I was there and saw the game as a neutral
I've seen enough games as player and coach over the years to know what I saw
its amazing thst talking to Charlie afterwards doesn't count
oh well

same as I saw the minor final in Croker last Sunday as a neutral

Five points from play is good going from any player never mind a non-attacking player.

Gleeson is "a non attacking player",

will you go away out of that

Is he a forward?

clonadmad

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 10, 2017, 01:54:25 PM

If you live to be 100, you'll never see Galway win as many All Irelands as Cody has and that's what hurts you most.

In three championship matches we hurled for ten minutes, which got us back into the match with Waterford. Not good enough. We haven't the players anymore and there's a big rebuilding job to be done.
They were great but most people were sick of them by the end.   And I won't miss the dirt like the butt of the hurl inside the faceguard.

And get a grip, Kilkenny had no good players, they were just great cheats, that's sh1te talk if ever there was.

The only butt in the helmet I can recall is the one Henry got against Clare. In these days of TV cameras everywhere that kind of thing gets caught even if the referee doesn't see it. You've already shown your level by blowing off steam about children from Gowran in another thread so frankly when your bile extends to under 14s it's hard to take you seriously.
I saw a kilkenny minor half forward get away with it 3/4 times last Sunday in croker

move on

Ah, so this is like when you said Charlie Carter was there when he wasn't. Of course though, you say he was, without any evidence, but your word is golden sure. Same as Martin Fogarty said xyz at hurling demos which you were at but can't produce a scrap of evidence for. It happened cos you say it did. Then you cite a minor match, again attacking into children, which wasn't televised and you have no evidence for but again, it happened because you said it did. Hearsay, sorry lad but you can't go off that alone.

Gowran beat Glynn-Barntown in Ferns this afternoon. daylight robbery with the referee totally out of his depth and the gowarn sideline (charlie carter & co) dictating frees and refereeing decisions

standard of Kilkenny and Wexford club teams in the competition is very high, even down in Division 4, 5, 6 etc

your number 11 was a bully and was let away with fouling his player the whole game and got away with it. same for your big midfielder.

Oh and for the record...

Ah would you stop, they're an under 14 team for goodness sake. Can we leave the playground "my Daddy's bigger than your Daddy" nonsense where it belongs?

There's me calling it what it was, an under 14s match, and there's you up above throwing your toys out of the pram about referees and "bullies" in a kids' match... Don't think I'm the type to get wound up over playground sport...

oh well

Five points from play is good going from any player never mind a non-attacking player.

Is he a forward?

Does he not play in the forwards?

You seem mad to pick a fight with everyone on here atm.

AZOffaly

He spent a good portion of Saturday playing in the half forwards anyway.

Kilkevan

Quote from: clonadmad on July 10, 2017, 02:57:28 PM

move on

Oh and for the record...

oh well

Is he a forward?

He lined out at centre back, that he's a player who comes forward a lot and is sometimes utilised in the forwards is undoubted, but principally he's a halfback. And being a centre back his first job is defending, not attacking, when he's utilised in his main position.

If you can outline where I picked a fight with you, show me... other conversations with people who are writing rubbish about Kilkenny, and especially having a go about children from Kilkenny, and my calling them out are not your concern.

clonadmad

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 10, 2017, 03:49:33 PM

move on

Oh and for the record...

oh well

Is he a forward?

He lined out at centre back, that he's a player who comes forward a lot and is sometimes utilised in the forwards is undoubted, but principally he's a halfback. And being a centre back his first job is defending, not attacking, when he's utilised in his main position.

If you can outline where I picked a fight with you, show me... other conversations with people who are writing rubbish about Kilkenny, and especially having a go about children from Kilkenny, and my calling them out are not your concern.

"Not your concern"

Who left you in charge?

Christ you really are a thin skinned arrogant plum

clonadmad

So it's Tipp v Clare on Saturday July 22 in the Pairc for 3 and Waterford v Wexford the following day at the same venue

Kilkevan

Quote from: clonadmad on July 10, 2017, 04:19:41 PM

move on

Oh and for the record...

oh well

Is he a forward?

"Not your concern"

Who left you in charge?

Whilst you, my friend, are so ludicrous the only way I can take you half seriously is if I hold my sides to stop them hurting whilst I read your hilarious piffle.

clonadmad

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 10, 2017, 04:24:30 PM

move on

Oh and for the record...

oh well

Is he a forward?

"Not your concern"

Who left you in charge?

Whilst you, my friend, are so ludicrous the only way I can take you half seriously is if I hold my sides to stop them hurting whilst I read your hilarious piffle.

Grow up son

Kilkevan

Quote from: clonadmad on July 10, 2017, 04:53:28 PM

move on

Oh and for the record...

oh well

Is he a forward?

"Not your concern"

Who left you in charge?

Grow up son

I can grow up but you'll always be a clown!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 10, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

move on

Oh and for the record...

oh well

Is he a forward?

"Not your concern"

Who left you in charge?

Grow up son

attacking the poster

play the ball not the man

Kilkevan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 11, 2017, 01:18:49 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 10, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

move on

Oh and for the record...

oh well

Is he a forward?

"Not your concern"

Who left you in charge?

Grow up son

attacking the poster

play the ball not the man

I presume that is aimed at both of us eh...

AZOffaly

In the name of Cody,  please stop quoting 😀

Kilkevan

Kilkevan

Clare are making an absolute hames of the most basic stuff. Their puck outs are atrocious, no better than the last day against Cork and you'd think that with a good former goalkeeper there in Donal Óg Cusack they'd have worked out some system. They shoot from absurd positions, again the same as the last day and their winning of loose ball is non-existant as they need two or three lifts every time whereas Tipp need one and are gone. Tipp's forwards are savage but their defence is lightweight and a good forward line should be able to make hay against them. But for Tipp's full back line, they'd already be in the semifinal. This championship is very exciting because a number of teams could win in September but the quality overall is dreadful.

Tony Kelly must be the most overrated hurler in Ireland. I'm not even convinced he'd get into the Tipp midfield.