China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Rare that I'd have a kind word for Sinn Fein but their announcement seems to be pissing off a lot of the right people

Could be hope for them yet

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2021, 04:44:44 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2021, 04:35:58 PM
Frustrating with no clarity. Very disappointing.

There was never anything else coming but this.

In one of my weaker moments earlier I thought it wouldn't even be that bad if we had Boris ruling it here, at least he's willing to stick his neck on the line for his beliefs instead of a whole pile of wait and see what happens here.

Essentially nothing now until April 16th. Won't be surprised if this manifests itself in an increase of blatant breaches now. People are angry.

And another leak to the media, Cool FM fit to tweet about it before it was actually announced. I despair. I really do.

There's a review on the 18th I think so you'd expect movement then. Are people adhering to the restrictions? Roads are far busier and I saw pictures of Newcastle at the weekend and it was packed. Certainly going against the stay at home message.

I've written that off as another nonsense waste of time moment in front of the cameras.

the goal was on

these numpties believe people are mixing.  Many people are in stage 4 of the Home and community section already. Because people have worked out the risk is getting less and less and have been doing this for weeks.

themac_23

They keep saying 'driven by data not dates' but they don't tell us what the actual data is, the reason being anyone with a brain cell can work out looming at the ni COVID dashboard that the numbers are nose diving and the hospital numbers are looking a hell of a lot better. If they set out their perimeters then people would be calling them out. It's like saying to a child you're grounded until I decide you've done enough housework to let you out but never actually giving the child something to work towards. It's so frustrating the salary these people are on to come up with this kinda stuff. 

armaghniac

Quote from: themac_23 on March 02, 2021, 05:09:21 PM
They keep saying 'driven by data not dates' but they don't tell us what the actual data is, the reason being anyone with a brain cell can work out looming at the ni COVID dashboard that the numbers are nose diving and the hospital numbers are looking a hell of a lot better. If they set out their perimeters then people would be calling them out. It's like saying to a child you're grounded until I decide you've done enough housework to let you out but never actually giving the child something to work towards. It's so frustrating the salary these people are on to come up with this kinda stuff. 

Things have improved, but there are still as many in ICU as 3 months ago.
They need to get the Covid out of the hospitals so that they can resume all the other treatments.
However, some kind of roadmap would seem possible, but they couldn't agree that it was Tuesday.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyroneman

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2021, 04:35:58 PM
Frustrating with no clarity. Very disappointing.

There was never anything else coming but this.

In one of my weaker moments earlier I thought it wouldn't even be that bad if we had Boris ruling it here, at least he's willing to stick his neck on the line for his beliefs instead of a whole pile of wait and see what happens here.

Essentially nothing now until April 16th. Won't be surprised if this manifests itself in an increase of blatant breaches now. People are angry.

And another leak to the media, Cool FM fit to tweet about it before it was actually announced. I despair. I really do.

His 'beliefs' change with the wind, based on what he thinks people want to hear that day, or what will gain him political capital at any given time.

Franko

That document is a pointless exercise.  A wishy washy load of nonsense.

I fully agree that the roadmap to normality needs to be driven by the data.

But for that document to be anything more than coloured bog roll, the data points that allow movement between the stages needed to be published.

I'm not sure I expected much else mind you.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 02:38:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 02, 2021, 02:26:08 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 11:58:37 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 02, 2021, 11:37:27 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 11:10:56 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 02, 2021, 11:07:15 AM
I think there will be big drop off in numbers taking vaccine under 50. Straw poll in office here, 12 people under 50, only 5 taking it. That will probably change when passports are needed etc, the main rational seems to be "if the vulnerable are jabbed why should we worry, its at our own risk, and we all had it anyhow"

Multi jurisdictional, legal minefield. Hugely unlikely to come in, at it's most basic, it could be argued that it coerces people into taking something they don't want to (or, need to, for sake of argument) for their "freedom". Legally its a black hole and you can be completely sure that it will be challenged by various groupings (and backed by just as many too, I suppose).

The pandemic will be long over before that legal war is even started, let alone settled.
Should businesses have the freedom to refuse admission to people who don't get the vaccine?

Why not? I suppose everyone has the "right" to choose who they do business with, everyone has the right to oppose threat to their health (how they perceive it) But how do you police it?

I'm not anti vaccine passport, I'm just thinking out loud I suppose. I see this as very much like the airports - probably something that should be done, but unlikely to gain the necessary demand.

So I don't allow people into my branch unless they sanitize their hands and wear a mask. I'm I being a Nazi?

If it's your business on your premises and you want to bring in these rules, who am I to argue against you?

It's your pitch, we play your rules. If you are happy enough with potential loss of earnings by "offending" people that similarly is on you I suppose.

It hasn't stopped anyone, they come in they are asked all the Covid questions and follow the procedures. Business was through the roof up to Xmas, January was slow (Covid or not it's slow) but Feb and start of March we are flat out.

I just feel that if they are not wanting to wear a mask stay in, our staff doesn't need to be at risk or pass it on to our families
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 02, 2021, 04:35:31 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 02, 2021, 04:27:42 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 02, 2021, 04:02:12 PM
Nothing but waffle. Never ever going to be voting for Sinn Fein again.

haven't the talent north of the border
f**k all alternatives though. SDLP are far worse and Alliance are just posh Unionists. Aontu look decent from what I can see.

What exactly are you looking for? In terms of talent the sdlp are way ahead at the moment with Matthew o'toole, Claire hanna, Nicola Mallon and even colm Eastwood is pretty good. Aontu are nutcases.

imtommygunn

I think Eastwood is awful. I agree on the others but Eastwood not a good leader.

Rossfan

These 2 fkheads got their comeuppance today.
Hopefully they'll be made pay all the costs.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40236206.html
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on March 02, 2021, 06:05:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 02, 2021, 04:35:31 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 02, 2021, 04:27:42 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 02, 2021, 04:02:12 PM
Nothing but waffle. Never ever going to be voting for Sinn Fein again.

haven't the talent north of the border
f**k all alternatives though. SDLP are far worse and Alliance are just posh Unionists. Aontu look decent from what I can see.

What exactly are you looking for? In terms of talent the sdlp are way ahead at the moment with Matthew o'toole, Claire hanna, Nicola Mallon and even colm Eastwood is pretty good. Aontu are nutcases.

Eastwood? ;D
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Smurfy123

Those on the hill are absolutely useless
Data not dates and don't show you what data
What a waste of paper
Meeting on the 18th of March to then tell us we will open something in 3 weeks
Don't forget
We were told this was to protect the NHS
Hospital numbers have plummeted

themac_23

Quote from: armaghniac on March 02, 2021, 05:17:34 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on March 02, 2021, 05:09:21 PM

Things have improved, but there are still as many in ICU as 3 months ago.
They need to get the Covid out of the hospitals so that they can resume all the other treatments.
However, some kind of roadmap would seem possible, but they couldn't agree that it was Tuesday.

That's not true, there's 4 less in ICU with COVID than the first tues in dec, also there are 9 more beds, so that's a decent swing. There are as the same amount of free beds in ICU than are being taken by COVID patients (I'm not saying this is in anyway a good thing just pointing out that there is breathing space) also given that the demographic that would be most at risk of filling these beds have been vaccinated it would be reasonable to think their shouldn't be a massive surge in the ICU admissions.

Again looking at the data, the 7 day admission to hospital is off the cliff the over 80s is down 71%, 70-79 is down 55% and 60-69 is down 34%. It really doesn't take a genius to work out that the vaccine is the silver bullet, our most vulnerable are being protected. These stats and these rates are showing that things should be opening up around about now, that's what's annoying me, it's Michelle O'Neill telling us that they don't want to keep us at home for a minute longer than necessary, the numbers do not support what they are saying 

sid waddell

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 02, 2021, 06:37:32 PM
Those on the hill are absolutely useless
Data not dates and don't show you what data
What a waste of paper
Meeting on the 18th of March to then tell us we will open something in 3 weeks
Don't forget
We were told this was to protect the NHS
Hospital numbers have plummeted
Some posters seem to have an incredible emotional investment that governments again make exactly the same mistake they've made twice before