The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

A lot of these Covid health officials, i.e. the top dogs like the media.

They're never off the tv and radio.  You'd wonder why they get a chance to do any work.

Fast becoming celebs!

sid waddell

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 23, 2021, 12:04:19 AM
Quote from: 6th sam on January 22, 2021, 11:12:08 PM
Good show tonight . Not normally a fan of Late Late, but RT and his team have been excellent throughout the pandemic, telling stories, raising awareness and attempting to maintain a degree of normalcy in these challenging times. The piece tonight re Jennifer Pim recently bereaved as a result of Covid was incredible TV. Very emotional , sensitive and informative. Tubridy  has shone in this pandemic , his respectful empathy , and clear messaging has been outstanding.

Sorry can't agree. We're bombarded with Covid all week and then the Friday night light hearted programme is now full of Covid, death and misery. Time and place. We need cheering up.
The Late Late Show has always covered the main issues of the day. It has never been a purely light entertainment programme. It's the national television programme, and it's essential that it's used to get the message out to stay home.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of Tubridy's radio programme but he's good on the telly and while I didn't see last night's show I agree with 6th Sam that he has been on point during the pandemic in spreading the right messaging.

mrdeeds

Quote from: sid waddell on January 23, 2021, 08:53:30 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on January 23, 2021, 12:04:19 AM
Quote from: 6th sam on January 22, 2021, 11:12:08 PM
Good show tonight . Not normally a fan of Late Late, but RT and his team have been excellent throughout the pandemic, telling stories, raising awareness and attempting to maintain a degree of normalcy in these challenging times. The piece tonight re Jennifer Pim recently bereaved as a result of Covid was incredible TV. Very emotional , sensitive and informative. Tubridy  has shone in this pandemic , his respectful empathy , and clear messaging has been outstanding.

Sorry can't agree. We're bombarded with Covid all week and then the Friday night light hearted programme is now full of Covid, death and misery. Time and place. We need cheering up.
The Late Late Show has always covered the main issues of the day. It has never been a purely light entertainment programme. It's the national television programme, and it's essential that it's used to get the message out to stay home.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of Tubridy's radio programme but he's good on the telly and while I didn't see last night's show I agree with 6th Sam that he has been on point during the pandemic in spreading the right messaging.

Talk about Covid ok but every guest now has a tragic element. Last week Nicola Coughlan a comedy actress was talking about death and obviously Barry McGuigan.

marty34

Drew Harris on the Late Late Show tonight.

Turbidy will ask the hard questions!!

Snapchap

Not long ago, they had General Mike Jackson on as a guest. Second in command of the Parachute Regiment at the time of both the Ballymurphy Massacre and Bloody Sunday.

Both Tubridy and the audience fawned over him and his stories of "heroism" in the British Army.

Capt Pat

What depressing guests are they having on  this  week? The undertaker from bunclody with a good news story of business is booming?

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on February 12, 2021, 06:38:45 PM

If Tubridy had any bottle or nous to him as a presenter he'd ask him about the Glenanne gang.

The time Adams made an absolute tool out of the entitled hypocrite was brilliant TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqRqWjR33o
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 08:48:21 PM

If Tubridy had any bottle or nous to him as a presenter he'd ask him about the Glenanne gang.

The time Adams made an absolute tool out of the entitled hypocrite was brilliant TV.

Tubridy gave it the classic old line of "different time" etc and he soon shut up when he knew what was coming...lol.

The good old IRA and the 'blood on your hands" new IRA.

When the crowd starting clapping, Tubridy knew the game was up.

You could feel the bitterness in Tubridy.  Adams took him down a peg.  Great viewing.

sid waddell

Doesn't take much to trigger some lads here, does it

The free speech haters are out in force

Thankfully we don't have the North Korean style TV they demand

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on February 12, 2021, 09:18:54 PM

Tubridy gave it the classic old line of "different time" etc and he soon shut up when he knew what was coming...lol.

You could feel the bitterness in Tubridy.  Adams took him down a peg.  Great viewing.

It's amazing how the free staters think there was a time when sectarian murder was fully acceptable.

Tonight is the night where a shill who is paid nearly 500k a year, an offspring of an old IRA terrorist will skirt around asking a former high ranking official in a disbanded, disgraced sectarian police force a few tough questions.

There will be no questions about his role in quashing an investigation in the Glenanne gang, a sectarian murder gang involved in the O'Dowd/Reavey murders, the Dublin/Monaghan bombings, the Miami Showband killings and many more.

We will however have plenty of questions about his father, an RUC man who was killed by the Provos.

And I see we have Eoghan Harris triggered already by mentioning the RTE/RUC propaganda that will be on display tonight

BennyCake

Tubridy knew he was on to a loser asking it, but he was told to ask it by the head honchos, I'd imagine. The same way Gaybo was told not shake Adams's hand.

marty34

Quote from: BennyCake on February 12, 2021, 09:32:26 PM

Tubridy knew he was on to a loser asking it, but he was told to ask it by the head honchos, I'd imagine. The same way Gaybo was told not shake Adams's hand.

I don't think Tubridy needed much prompting but it was great to watch.

We'll take no more lecturers from the Free Staters.

sid waddell

"No, I'm not triggered, you're triggered"

Ah class  ;D

Funnily enough the forum's answer to Alan Partridge has always proclaimed his love for the trigger, in a quite literal sense

sid waddell

Quote from: marty34 on February 12, 2021, 09:35:19 PM
We'll take no more lecturers from the Free Staters.
Do you feel threatened?  ;D

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:35:45 PM
"No, I'm not triggered, you're triggered"

Ah class  ;D

Funnily enough the forum's answer to Alan Partridge has always proclaimed his love for the trigger, in a quite literal sense

I'm not triggered though Sid.

You reacted to myself and Marty having a good exchange about the propaganda on RTE, how they will do a fluff piece with a high ranking official of a disbanded, disgraced sectarian police force tonight, a man who if you were interested in informing yourself rather than exercising petty personal grievances had a despicable role to play in denying many victims of The Troubles justice.