Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

My son went to a non-grammar school in Armagh and got 3 A's in his A-Levels this year. You're full of shit, as usual t_mac.

t_mac

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on October 29, 2019, 07:41:51 PM
My son went to a non-grammar school in Armagh and got 3 A's in his A-Levels this year. You're full of shit, as usual t_mac.

He didn't go to the only one in town now.  EDIT maybe he did - 19 he would have missed the the madness of non-streaming and taking in every child expelled from other schools.

t_mac

Quote from: hardstation on October 29, 2019, 06:32:37 PM
You are brilliant for making ridiculous claims and then claiming that someone is "nit-picking language" when you are called out for it. I do not apologise for calling bullshit on it. You clearly have an issue with the set up in Armagh and you're absolutely entitled to but running the young lads in that school down with throwaway bullshit remarks is entirely pathetic and you'd want to have a word with yourself.

You on the drink?  I stand by my statement, if you have access to the opinion of years 8, 9 and 10 in St Pats and the learning environment they have, post away - if not wind your f**king neck in ballbag.

t_mac

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2019, 08:36:02 AM
You apologised for your statement. Now you stand by it. You are all over the place. Mainly as you haven't the first clue what you are talking about. If you have evidence that the vast majority/high percentage of pupils don't want to learn, I'd be very surprised. To be honest, I suspect it is based on some anecdotal shite from a couple of kids, "People in my class are so misbehaved". Please stop running young people from that school down just because you are unhappy with the amalgamation. It is pathetic.

I apologised for the misrepresentation of my statement and my bad use of the English Language, ill repeat my a vast majority was not 90% it was meant to indicate a large percentage.  You can suspect what you want, I know what goes on, the girls school in town has the same geographical outreach but the teaching and atmosphere to learn and respect is unbelievably different.

haranguerer

Quote from: thewobbler on October 28, 2019, 09:52:13 PM
The 11+ was a shocker by Sinn Fein. The ultimate outcome seems to have been more exams, and more diverse exams, thereby creating a natural advantage for wealthier families who can afford to pay for additional tuition.

The reasoning was sound, and was to cut out the very advantage you've suggested, amongst other things. That it has been circumvented doesn't change the fact that SF tried to do what I think was the right thing in the first place - albeit I don't know the in's and out's of the circumvention, if action can be taken there, or if it should have been foreseen and dealt with pre-emptively (which seems likely).

seafoid

Richard Ramsey
@Ramseconomics
ยท Oct 29
N.Ireland's poor productivity is well known. Interesting to note that the proportion of high paid jobs is at a 20 year low! 18.9% of jobs are high paid in 2019 v 23.1% in 2005. Middle paid jobs have swelled to 60% of jobs. The boom in NI's jobs has had a high % of low paid jobs.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2019, 09:07:11 AM
Truth is you know fcuk all but you aren't letting that stop you from having a pop at the young lads, and indeed the teachers now.

And the girls are doing better than the boys! Wow, ground breaking stuff there!

And how the hell can you use "vast majority" to indicate "large percentage"? Around what percentage is it?

You are pathetic.
There is a large element of truth in what yet man is saying. It has a terrible reputation at present and to be honest seeing the state of some of the lads going to school in the morning I would say the teachers have their work cut out. I know of people in the town sending their kids to Dungannon and even to the Royal School who 10 years ago would have sent them to the boys school. I don't envy their task in sorting it out.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2019, 08:43:50 PM
Like many, many schools I'm sure there are issues and the reputation of the school may have fallen. That is a far cry from saying that a large percentage of the kids don't want to learn.
Agree entirely. It doesn't take many in a class to ruin it for everyone so the percentage is likely to be small (similar to most other schools).

seafoid

Only a point in the Donegal final now .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

t_mac

Quote from: hardstation on October 30, 2019, 09:07:11 AM
Truth is you know fcuk all but you aren't letting that stop you from having a pop at the young lads, and indeed the teachers now.

And the girls are doing better than the boys! Wow, ground breaking stuff there!

And how the hell can you use "vast majority" to indicate "large percentage"? Around what percentage is it?

You are pathetic.

Did you burst a blood cell typing that, I know a hell of a lot more that you do so wind your f**king neck in, is your self indulgence under threat here, try sticking to a topic you know something about, if such a topic exists.  Everyone from town knows the facts - some numpty in his ivory tower in shaftland trying to come across all PC is quite frankly the pathetic one.

t_mac

Quote from: hardstation on October 31, 2019, 08:00:07 AM
Whatever the "craic" is, it is not that a "vast majority/large percentage" of the pupils don't want to learn. You made that up off the top of your head.

Good man you are beginning to wind your neck in, now go rant about something else you know very little about.

t_mac

Quote from: hardstation on October 31, 2019, 08:06:46 AM
Quote from: t_mac on October 31, 2019, 08:02:07 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 31, 2019, 08:00:07 AM
Whatever the "craic" is, it is not that a "vast majority/large percentage" of the pupils don't want to learn. You made that up off the top of your head.

Good man you are beginning to wind your neck in, now go rant about something else you know very little about.
And you stop running young lads down by making random shite up about them.

There you go again in your shaftland ivory tower talking about something you know nothing about.  Take a tablet and settle yourself, I take it your a last word hero member no wonder you rack up so many posts, are any of them based on knowledge about any topic?

t_mac

Quote from: hardstation on October 31, 2019, 08:17:52 AM
I know what you've written about the pupils in that school and I know it's not true.
If there are pupils in that school who don't want to learn then it would be small percentages. Why you refuse to acknowledge this is beyond me. You have said something stupid and instead of putting your hands up, you've decided to dig your heels in.

And with respect, you have more posts per day than I do.

Yip last word man, I'll say it again a vast majority don't want to learn, that's fact, maybe it's an Armagh thing that equates to a high percentage you can discuss all the semantics in the world as to what figure one equates to high but fact is and the clear fact is you know f**k all about the school, so climb back into your ivory tower, shut the door and stop making a tool out of yourself.

Smokin Joe

Whatever about the choice of language he used, I think it's fair to say that t_mac has a point.

I went to said school and this year we sent my young lad, who is a first year, to Dungannon.  If you had told me 3 years ago that would have been the case I would have said your're mad.  But simply put, I'm hearing too many bad things about the school, and the difficulty of ensuring discipline is applied to all students, to risk him stagnating there when he has the academic ability to go to a grammar school.

quit yo jibbajabba

Dont mind me i only came in here to read about Brexit