The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Reading well worth their lead so far,decent Cup game.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Everton out of the Cup.. :)
Well done Reading.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SHEEDY

what a load of absolute shite. never seen worse. dont think we even had a decent shot on target. sums up the season.
nil satis nisi optimum

ross4life

I guess the last two FA cup results sums up Everton's season. bad night all round for me paid big bucks for Cahill on FPL yesterday & now he's out for 3 weeks  >:(
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Orangemac

Disappointing result but not surprising.

Didn't see the game but yet again we didn't seem to create many clear cut chances.

Moyes faces a big test this summer. There is no money to spend and wage bill needs to be reduced.

In hindsight we should have sold Arteta last summer rather than giving him a bigger contract. We were supposedly after Charlie Adam last summer for £3/£4m but that boat has sailed.

Sell: Mucha,Heitinga,Yobo, Yakubu, Vaughan, Billyiatenov and Fellaini ( great player but either him or Rodwell are most saleable assets).

Bring in £30m/£35m and bring down wage bill substantially.

Buy: This is where Moyes will have to earn his corn. There are bargains in the Championship, it is just a matter of finding them.

In midfield Jamie O'Hara or James McCarthy would be a good replacement for Fellaini.

Duffy needs to be given a chance in defence.

Orangemac

See United seem to be in pole postion for Rodwell in the summer.

Supposedly Moyes wanted Wellbeck as part of the deal but Ferguson is offering Brown and cash

So if Rodwell is worth £25m does that mean £24m and Brown?

boojangles

Quote from: Orangemac on March 28, 2011, 11:41:59 PM
See United seem to be in pole postion for Rodwell in the summer.

Supposedly Moyes wanted Wellbeck as part of the deal but Ferguson is offering Brown and cash

So if Rodwell is worth £25m does that mean £24m and Brown?

Id be delighted if we got the colour of that for Jack but Id be shocked if whiskey nose paid near that for him TBH. Fine player and has a bright future wherever he is but 25m is pure speculation.

Orangemac

Great result today and might still catch Liverpool. Form since October is top 4. Last year we lost 2 out of last 23. Could someone trick Everton team into believing league started in June so we could start the season properly.

Brilliant strike by Billyateniv, ne of the best strikers of a ball in the pl, doesnt do it enough.

Leon Osman in great form this last few months, very underrated and if baines is not left back in Pfa team of the year then IO give up.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Orangemac on April 10, 2011, 12:49:52 AM
Great result today and might still catch Liverpool. Form since October is top 4. Last year we lost 2 out of last 23. Could someone trick Everton team into believing league started in June so we could start the season properly.

Brilliant strike by Billyateniv, ne of the best strikers of a ball in the pl, doesnt do it enough.

Leon Osman in great form this last few months, very underrated and if baines is not left back in Pfa team of the year then IO give up.

Agree with that. I was going to buy Osman a month or two back in the FFL as I always thought he was a very tidy player. I wish I had. He has done very well since then!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

SHEEDY

leon and billy both seem to be thriving since being moved into more central roles. billy is def not a winger
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

another good win today with a threadbare squad. when you look were we are in the table it makes the poor start to the season all the more frustrating. osman is in the form of his life
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

We need to get Fellaini signed up before the window re-opens. That has to be the top priority. Read somewhere today that Diego Forlan is looking out of Athletico. Now that is a player I would love to see at Goodison Park. 9 or 10 million, surely even Kenwright would sanction that bit of business. Of course there would be a stampede for his services, but a man can dream. Overall, really happy with the form of the team over the last couple of months especially given the injuries to key personnel. Still think United will give us the run around at the weekend, but you never know....

Mr. Nakata

Really wish we could play City every week. The toffees really have become a bogey team for them. That's home and away victories 2 seasons in a row. In saying that City should've been out of sight by half time, we couldn't get a kick. A good old half time team talk seemed to do the trick as we bossed the second half. That's 2 years on the trot now we've kept our best form for the run in. Not good enough. Looking forward to seeing the back of this season and getting some new blood in early doors. Heres hoping.....

SHEEDY

great to put 1 over on lescoott and co again. osman is in the form of his life and the defence seems settled. its up front we badly need new players but with no money i fear we're gonna be working out of the bargain basement again when it comes to transfers. what does moyes see in anichebe???
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 08, 2011, 03:45:24 PM
great to put 1 over on lescoott and co again. osman is in the form of his life and the defence seems settled. its up front we badly need new players but with no money i fear we're gonna be working out of the bargain basement again when it comes to transfers. what does moyes see in anichebe???
Probably a case that there are no other strikers available. Moyes has done an unbelievable job considering the lack of mney. Our form since Christmas is CL form ( as it was lasty year) yet the media largely ignore Everton ( not sexy enough).

Our wage bill is too high though. If we could get shot of Yakubu, Yobo, Bilyatenov and Hetinga and Moyes had £20/£25 m to spend I am confident we could strengthen the team/squad for next season with players from the Championship.

Some good players coming through the youth team also ( who give Liverpool a 4-0 hiding a few weeks ago)