The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Mr. Nakata

I've been going to Goodison Park for 18 years and that yesterday was the worst I can remember. f**king shambolic. Lescott was on a different planet. The Arsenal fans were in their element. Hibbert is a joke, possibly just above pub league standard. Moyes continues to play him. Both centre halfs were shocking, Osman isn't good enough, Jo looked lost. Saha should've got the nod. I along with thousands of other Evertonians stayed to the death and applauded the gooners off the park. They were good, but I've seen them play better. Thank Christ Liverpool is a great town to get drunk in. I had a glorious evening. When you're still skulling peroni at 3:30am things are not too bad. I'm hungover and disillusioned. Pienaar continues to impress. Moyes surely has to take the money and move on. Arteta, Jagielka and the Yak, we need you back, and soon....

Norf Tyrone

I always thought Osman looked a busy, tidy, game wee player.
Is Hibbert the RB from the cup final? He looked out of his depth that day, so obviously has not got better!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Eastern_Pride

Well at least you can take one positive out of that game.......Liverpool lost as well......
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

irunthev

Everton are still a decent side (disregarding Saturday), but on the evidence of the first weekend of the league, then they could be one of the real big losers to the recent spending sprees of both  Man City and Spurs. Even with last year's squad fully fit it looks mighty difficult for them to qualify for Europe through the league, and Man City must be hot favorites in the cups given they have no European distractions of their own this season. Mid table obscurity I think for the Toffees this season. They haven't got the cash to spend and even with the Lescott money (which is inevitable) they won't be able to go and buy the kind of quality that will be needed to secure top 6. It's a pity because Moyes has gone about his job very well... I think the money factor will be the key thing and will probably be the reason why Moyes eventually leaves.

nrico2006

I see Mark Hughes came out with the following:

The headlines were quite predictable. I am not surprised David feels a bit aggrieved with the situation, you always are when a big club comes along trying to acquire one of your better players

I felt embarrassed for Hughes for calling City a 'big club'.  What have they achieved to be classed as so?  Everton have a far greater right to be classed as a big club.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnneycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 17, 2009, 09:57:20 AM
I see Mark Hughes came out with the following:

The headlines were quite predictable. I am not surprised David feels a bit aggrieved with the situation, you always are when a big club comes along trying to acquire one of your better players

I felt embarrassed for Hughes for calling City a 'big club'.  What have they achieved to be classed as so?  Everton have a far greater right to be classed as a big club.

Moyes, needs to get £20M out of City and quickly get in a decent right back, centre back and holding midfielder. Yobo needs someone beside him telling him what to do as his decision making is and always was terrible. Get Jagielka and Arteta to Lourdes then Fatima ASAP ASAP as Everton are fucked without them.

longrunsthefox

Everton should let him slide on- jees! you'd think  think it was Barcelona he was going to  ::)

Mr. Nakata

Utility Phil to play centre half tonight, him or Rodwell. Ominous. Moyes holding out for 25-30m for Lescott, now that will be some deal for us if it comes off. Ludicrous moolah. I see we're being linked to a 9m deal for a Russian winger. Bystrov from Spartak Moscow, flying machine by all accounts. At last some positive news. I think we need about 5 players. Hopefully we'll get the Agrentine from Valencia on loan as well, but these work permit applications are a load of balls. 2 new centre halfs required as well. The manager will have a busy fortnight.

johnneycool

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 20, 2009, 01:16:12 PM
Utility Phil to play centre half tonight, him or Rodwell. Ominous. Moyes holding out for 25-30m for Lescott, now that will be some deal for us if it comes off. Ludicrous moolah. I see we're being linked to a 9m deal for a Russian winger. Bystrov from Spartak Moscow, flying machine by all accounts. At last some positive news. I think we need about 5 players. Hopefully we'll get the Agrentine from Valencia on loan as well, but these work permit applications are a load of balls. 2 new centre halfs required as well. The manager will have a busy fortnight.

Would you take Dunne back as part of the Man City/Lescott deal?

Would he want to come back??

deiseach

Instant Everton Outrage. Just add 'small club'

Mr. Nakata

Dicky Dunne would be welcomed back with open arms. He's only 29 and it's a world cup year, he need's regular football. He'd walk onto the toffee team until Jagielka returns at Christmas. Don't think it'll happen though. Sparky won't let him go, nor do I think he wants to miss out on the cash bonanza and realistically, city will be competitive this year.

Fuzzman

Lads is the match not on telly tonight?

I thought it would be on FIVE or ITV4 or something but can't see it in the papers or any website bar Everton TV.
We'd need to get our act together as can't see a 0-0 or worse being enough for us to go through.

What's this Argentine lad like?

At least the red sh*te & Man Poo have lost games already as well.
Spurs could be pushing us big time this year as well as Man Sh*tty.

Eastern_Pride

Lescott is officially not going to City....but does he want to be there?
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 21, 2009, 12:48:37 PM
Lescott is officially not going to City....but does he want to be there?

Not true. Sky Sports picked up Hughes wrong in his press conference. He said in the past when deals were dragging on, they were willing to walk away, and will do so again. He didn't say this was the case for the Lescott saga.

Also Saha has come out in support of Lescott and what has happened. He's maybe feeling in same boat after Everton rejected an offer for him from a Turkish club.